Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2017
Packaged and inspected medical surgical instruments. The people I worked with are more like family . FDA regulated. Pay attention , work as a team and you will be fine. I loved working there.
Pros
Family environment, room for growth, 3 diff shifts
Cons
2 year contract, got to try and get hired by then or be laid off and come back 6 months later and try again .
Good work environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Excellent company to work for - amazing work environment, but a lot of changes, nobody owns the issue, a lot of contractors, hard to find info about who is responsible for what, IT support is horrible.
Pros
women oriented culture - very comfortable
Cons
fast pace environment, a lot of changes, everybody is the jack of all trades
Overwhelming for an inadiquate workspace
Material Technician (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, PRSeptember 13, 2016
The company has an outstanding life-planned view on new and innovative ideas and product to be introduced into the market.

The only downfall is the space and work force capability, due to the limited space and workers for a high volume and high demanding production.

A day in this environment is up temple, fast paste and very exuberating. A day to day is unlike any other, because of the constant amount of tasks to be completed and metrics to be subdued.
Pros
Companionship
Cons
Limited physical capacity for high volume of work
We got bought
International Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2017
Recently acquired by Ethicon. Still learning and not sure if my current position will be available when the transition is complete... Lots of opportunity from what I have been told but nothing is very transparent yet.
was a great job until they keep changing schedule
ethicon jnj FGQA (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 15, 2016
when i was hired i was told the job would be a 4 days on and 4 days off. which was great because it gave me more time to be with my family. and now i am thrown around to what ever shift they feel like putting us on and they say its better for us but it is not and there is no one in the department that like all the change, and there is a lot of false promises they say there is great opportunity for advancement but there isn't. i quit my management job to do this and i am still a nobody and i have tried to advance and take on as much responsibility as i can and there is no recognition to the job i have done.
Pros
good insurance and pay
Cons
credo they say they put the employees first before the shareholders and that is a lie
Very dramatic with its ups an downs
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Highest paying job i could ever have but unfortunately some temps that wanted to get hired on like i just had kept slandering and harassing me until i lost my job. I blame myself for looking weak.
Pros
freebies
Cons
drama
Great Place to work
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 14, 2016
Posted at Ethicon Cincinnati for 28 months to close out tax department transfer to COE in New Jersey

Great atmosphere, great people, great location, plenty of opportunities
Pros
Gym, cafe, free parking, short commute
Cons
assignment was temporary with department moving to NJ
Materials Group
Matrials Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Fast pace. FDA regulated. I really liked the people i worked with. The facility was underground. I gained experience with Cognos, JDE and working in a heavily regulated environment.
The Language of Medicine
Surgical Device Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 29, 2016
We were empowered as a result of exceptional training at the headquarters in Ohio (Delta V Training Program). Extensive training, knowledge, and protocol are essential to successfully sell Laparoscopic Disposable Instrumentation in the hospitals and operating rooms.
Pros
Empowerment and Trust
Cons
Reprocessing
Ethicon Inc.
Clinical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Ethicon was a great experience. They offer you the potential to make great money while giving surgeons new tools that can make the patient experience better.
good place to work
Certified Packer (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo Municipio, PRFebruary 1, 2017
it most team work in this company you need all of youre team to get done with the job and try to do the best that youre group can, packing medical stuff
Ethicon
Advanced Metrology Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2016
Ethicon is a very clean environment and the people are wonderful to work with.

I learned my trade while employed at Ethicon and advanced from the manufacturing floor to a technician role. It allowed many more years with the company.

The culture has changed with new management and jobs are outsourced to reduce headcount regardless how many years of service you have.

Co- workers are great and most are very happy to be employed by Ethicon. Although sense of job security has declined drastically.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships and teamwork formed with good people through the years
Pros
The celebrations of success, the Cafeteria was outstanding
Cons
Outsourcing jobs
Working at Ethicon was a wonderful experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed my years at Ethicon. I made a lot of friends. The pay rate was wonderful and i enjoyed working at my own pace. Working graveyard shift fitted in with my routine as a mother. Being able to apply for other positions within the company was great.
Pros
the pay rate was exceptional
Cons
Company downsized.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2016
Was a good place to work with lots of opportunity to learn and advance. Unfortunately the site was closed in a corporate reshuffle. I would work there again.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Packaging Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2016
Flexible hours, with a great team of people. Everyone is extremely talented and management is great. Everyone truly becomes friends and hangs out often outside of work.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Cafe, nice location
Cons
No Free Coffee
worst job I have ever had....
Quality Inspector on Assembly Line (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2016
the boss talks to you in the most unprofessional manner and gets away with whatever they wont. the employees gossip all day about everything and always in everyones business. the typical day of work is trying not to say anything so you dont get in trouble from what other people think you said and get you in trouble.
Pros
non
Cons
to many..
Professional environment filled with intelligent, down-to-earth employees
Franchise Packaging Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I worked in the Franchise Packaging Development department. The onboarding process was great; my workload grew over time, however, I was never thrown into a situation in which I was not prepared for. I learned a ton over the 6-month co-op and I enjoyed it very much. One drawback was how some of the full-time engineers either had too much or too little work; the more 'talented' employees were over utilized.
Pros
summer hours, cafeteria, learning opportunities/internal classes, technology available
Cons
strict atmosphere, time management
Productive Workplace
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJApril 12, 2016
I like the culture at Ethicon. We work by a Credo, and everyone is on board with this Credo. We are one Ethicon. I work with great people. I enjoy working with many people in J&J.
Pros
Family work balance
Cons
Productive place to work where there is always something new to learn and the people are very motivated
Preclinical Support (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 1, 2016
A typical work day involves product testing and model development in a research and development lab. I have learned a lot about our current products, product advancements, and competitor products. I have also learned about how models and model development work. All of my coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful; everyone offers help to anyone that needs it. The hardest part of the position (most of the days) is managing time between all the studies going on at that moment, or setting up for the next day. Teamwork is a big theme around here, so it makes our daily lives easier when everyone is working together or helping each other out with their daily responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is being hands on with everything and learning about all of our products and how we're trying to advance them and seeing the differences between our products and our competitors.
Pros
Hands on learning
Cons
Can be very long and tiresome days
Strong work enviroment
Mechanical Engineer Product Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Create engineering, GR&R, ERR and other required documents, meetings, product focus team to follow all products for production line time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4