Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 22, 2016
• Answer and direct phone calls, take messages, and field/answer all routine and non-routine questions.
• Prepare, coordinate and organize meeting and training as required to include room reservations, notification to members, and distribution of meeting materials and minutes.
• Register employers training in COMPLIANCE system.
• Serve as office manager to include responsibility for office supplies, secure maintenance of office equipment, establish and maintain filing system, sort and direct email, and maintain an accurate calendar.
• Prepare and edit documents to meet the established processes in plant. (MSDS, CMM’S ELECTRICALS PANELS & REFRIGERANT)
• Create and close preventive maintenance and events in MAXIMO, CONTINUOS IMPROVEMENT PORTAL & CONTINUOS IMPROVEMENT PORTAL BOP/6S.
• Perform metrics for evaluating the technician’s documentation in MAXIMO system.
• Perform the document retention from the PM’S of Facilities and Utilities Department (IRON MOUNTAIN)
• Submit monthly data of Ethicon Water Consumption.
• Give support to the Utilities Technician to create work order to the iReliability system.
• Assist facilities and utilities supervisor with Pest Control, Housekeeping, BOP Audits, Utilities documentation and other department’s records matters.
• Request quotes and place facilities purchase orders in ARIBA system.
• Providing high quality customer service using professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment is required.
• Assist in the preparation of the department activities as shut down arrangements.
• Perform work task and operations in compliance
  more... with all EHS rules and regulations, and encourage coworkers to do so.  less
Cons
Shoth Breaks, Helath Insurance
Working at Ethicon was a wonderful experience.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed my years at Ethicon. I made a lot of friends. The pay rate was wonderful and i enjoyed working at my own pace. Working graveyard shift fitted in with my routine as a mother. Being able to apply for other positions within the company was great.
Pros
the pay rate was exceptional
Cons
Company downsized.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Packaging Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2016
Flexible hours, with a great team of people. Everyone is extremely talented and management is great. Everyone truly becomes friends and hangs out often outside of work.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great Cafe, nice location
Cons
No Free Coffee
Ethicon
Advanced Metrology Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2016
Ethicon is a very clean environment and the people are wonderful to work with.

I learned my trade while employed at Ethicon and advanced from the manufacturing floor to a technician role. It allowed many more years with the company.

The culture has changed with new management and jobs are outsourced to reduce headcount regardless how many years of service you have.

Co- workers are great and most are very happy to be employed by Ethicon. Although sense of job security has declined drastically.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships and teamwork formed with good people through the years
Pros
The celebrations of success, the Cafeteria was outstanding
Cons
Outsourcing jobs
Productive Workplace
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJApril 12, 2016
I like the culture at Ethicon. We work by a Credo, and everyone is on board with this Credo. We are one Ethicon. I work with great people. I enjoy working with many people in J&J.
Pros
Family work balance
Cons
worst job I have ever had....
Quality Inspector on Assembly Line (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 28, 2016
the boss talks to you in the most unprofessional manner and gets away with whatever they wont. the employees gossip all day about everything and always in everyones business. the typical day of work is trying not to say anything so you dont get in trouble from what other people think you said and get you in trouble.
Pros
non
Cons
to many..
Strong work enviroment
Mechanical Engineer Product Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Create engineering, GR&R, ERR and other required documents, meetings, product focus team to follow all products for production line time.
Productive place to work where there is always something new to learn and the people are very motivated
Preclinical Support (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 1, 2016
A typical work day involves product testing and model development in a research and development lab. I have learned a lot about our current products, product advancements, and competitor products. I have also learned about how models and model development work. All of my coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful; everyone offers help to anyone that needs it. The hardest part of the position (most of the days) is managing time between all the studies going on at that moment, or setting up for the next day. Teamwork is a big theme around here, so it makes our daily lives easier when everyone is working together or helping each other out with their daily responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is being hands on with everything and learning about all of our products and how we're trying to advance them and seeing the differences between our products and our competitors.
Pros
Hands on learning
Cons
Can be very long and tiresome days
Professional environment filled with intelligent, down-to-earth employees
Franchise Packaging Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I worked in the Franchise Packaging Development department. The onboarding process was great; my workload grew over time, however, I was never thrown into a situation in which I was not prepared for. I learned a ton over the 6-month co-op and I enjoyed it very much. One drawback was how some of the full-time engineers either had too much or too little work; the more 'talented' employees were over utilized.
Pros
summer hours, cafeteria, learning opportunities/internal classes, technology available
Cons
strict atmosphere, time management
people oriented with large picnics every year
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 15, 2015
good company to work for it is people oriented with large picnics every year. You are always compensated for a good performance.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons

Want to know more about Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc?

Ask a question
Good company
Associate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas city, MOOctober 2, 2015
would recommend this position
good work life balance
great opportunities for advancement
lksajdlkjsad lksajdsadsal lsakjdsa
Very Productive
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2015
Within Medical device industry, very good place to work, as wide range of product families with wide range of global market
A very nice place to work and to grow your career
Quality Engineer (contract) (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 22, 2015
Ethicon is a well established and organized company with sound fundamentals and well written corporate policies and procedures. During my short time working with Ethicon, I had opportunity to learn and grow with the team and establish myself.
great place to work at.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work at. They do their best to make you feel comfortable. The managing team does a great job at dealing with everything that goes on in the place.
Pros
Friendly enviroment.
Cons
third shift takes a tow on you if you have school etc in the day time.
Great company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  USJuly 12, 2015
Great company to work for. Great co-workers. Management is awesome. It needs more collaboration between peers, everyone is so busy people dont help each others.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Collaboration
Great culture and great opporunity to build long-term skill set
Associate Product Manager, Advanced Energy (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 8, 2015
Ethicon is a great place to work. The people here are smart and challenge each other to be better. I love that coming into work here every day you really feel as if you are making a contribution (however small it may be) to helping people live a healthier, longer life.
Pros
Gym, PingPong, Summer Fridays
Cons
Large office, lots of processes
Productive and mostly fun place to work
Anode Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJuly 7, 2015
Started machines and got them running properly.
Learned how to work with acids and silicone.
Management was pretty strict, not alot of time off of work.
Got along with co-workers most of the time.
Hardest part of the job was learning all of the technical parts related to how to fine tune the machinery.
Most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
There was a cafeteria on site.
Cons
Long work weeks
Productive and welcoming place to work
Line Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, PRMay 31, 2015
Has a very good culture and Credo driven work area. I love what I do but the 3rd shift is not the best. I love working directly in operations.
Great place to work if you like hands on work
Packaging Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 3, 2015
Typical days consist of getting new projects and following appropriate test methods to evaluate product packaging. I learned effective and efficient writing due to the demand of test results for packaging integrity. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hands on nature of testing materials.
Pros
Great learning environment, new challenges
Cons
no overtime, short term assignments
Challenging and Disorganized
Energy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2015
Training content was terrific and challenging expanding my knowledge.
The daily life is up at 5, at the OR and trying to sell in surgery all day, then take staff and physicians out in the evenings. Very long hours with poor work-life balance
Sales compensation changed and does not adequately compensate for the hours required
Pod format with a large team and absent management is a poor business model
Pros
Education
Cons
OR environment is high stress and unfriendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4