Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc Employee Reviews

N/a
ENGINEERING ANALYST I (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 5, 2017
Only worked as a contractor and that was made to be obvious. No chance for growth unless you know someone or are related. Although facility was nice, didn't know everyone within my own department, let alone outside the department.
Pros
Nice Facility
Cons
Cliqueish
It is a good place to work
Multislide Machine Operator/Sampler (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GASeptember 27, 2017
Since this is medical facility it is a very clean facility and a good place to work.
They have a cafeteria also, and we get like 5 breaks in the 12.5 hour shift. Also they have Gym, which is free to use for all employees including contract workers like me.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Too long hours (12.5 hours/shift)
N/a
Polymer Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJSeptember 25, 2017
N/A as I was a contract employee with no real ties to Ethicon except to show up and do my job.
No benefits other than what occurred during business hours.
One of the best paying jobs
Data Entry Clerk-Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 22, 2017
The only thing bad i can say about Johnson and Johnson is that we are here 24/7 all year round. And I currently work 3rd shift 6:30 am to 6:30 pm 12 hour shifts 4 days on and 4 days off. I do hope to move to day shift soon. And this is the main problem I have because my time management.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hours of operation
good company to work for
Sr. Product Development Eng (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJSeptember 18, 2017
excellent location, good working environment, First class people.
Relaxed work environment. Interesting products. State of the art facilities. Rural surrounding make was wonderfull
Production surgical needles
Premium/ channel needle finisher (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 8, 2017
I really enjoy working with Ethicon I worked downstairs in the needles department and everyone in the department were like family always helping one another. Pay was great as well as the benefits.
Pros
working together and being praised for your hard work
Cons
department got sent too puerto rico and we got laid off
fun productive work enviorment
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 28, 2017
amazingly professional work environment. I would highly recommend working to this employer to anyone. work is stable and hours are the same also lots of overtime available if willing to sign up. this is an employer people stick with toward retirement
Pros
stable employer
Cons
work can be a bit repative
Excellent place to work for diversity and job opportunities.
Hoflinger Foil Operator (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 28, 2017
I worked in this manufacturing environment over eight years, and never had one bad day there. It was an excellent job, and excellent people to work with, with plenty of job opportunities and diversity in the work place.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
No cons in this business
Muy exelente coperacion
Manufactura (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, PRAugust 27, 2017
Espero y me puedan dar la oportunidad trabajo muy bien soy coperadora y me encanta desarrollar mi trabajo en o antes del tiempo indicado estoy de acuerdo en desarrollar mis habilidades y aprender mas en el area de trabajo.
Cons
No hay descanso antes de completar mi trabajo.
Job
Micro Swedger (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 17, 2017
The job was relaxed. Alot of standing at times but very rewarding. Bonuses were given to top performers. This was a union job so the pay was steady but the draw back was that there was strike while i was employed. I traveled too New Jersey for training which was fun.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Had to change into uniforms at work; every time we left the area.
Highly stressful and little support.
Quality System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 17, 2017
The job started fine, but the training was horrible as I moved up the company ladder. It was discouraging when the company / divisional management feels that everyone should be looking for a new job every 2 - 3 yrs. A desire to stay at a happy position was frowned upon.

Most of the people were very friendly, but the support internally and inter-facility was very small and difficult to find.
Run Far away
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAAugust 12, 2017
Great place to start work (always as a temp) if you have someone who is related to you or a best buddy as a boss, then you can guarantee you'll get hired...otherwise you're wasting your time!! No respect from bosses ( who don't know the job function themselves).. If you love working overtime ( mandatory for some) come here!! They're dropping entry level pay and a plus..they keep on lazy full timers that won't work, but if you are a temp and work hard, they still won't hire you!! I saw it many times..good workers who were temps who didn't get jobs!! Something needs to be done about this trash place!!!
Pros
Money wasn't bad
Cons
Read above
A large pharmaceutical company with opportunity for travel.
BUYER/PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 7, 2017
I worked as a consultant as did the majority of my department.

The work environment was professional and my co-workers were also professionals. The building amenities were very nice - banking, cafeteria, cubicles.
Pros
Business travel
Cons
Hard work, SAP data needs more fine tuning and monitoring to work as they want it to.
Good place to work but some drawbacks with culture.
Sr. Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2017
Good work environment and benefits. However, the culture puts too much emphasis on personal development, working on your performance objectives and many meetings. For those that like to be productive, this can be frustrating.
scanned surgical needles
Premium Scanner (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 28, 2017
worked nights and it was hard to get use to. also looked into a microscope all night which gave me headaches. not really any management on the night shift
productive workplace,chances for advancement
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 24, 2017
opportunities to advance. great working conditions ,friendly and helpful coworkers.work place clean and orderly. Enjoyed staff meetings chance to voice opinions
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
cafeteria food
productive great clulture
Field Support Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
remarkable experience and opportunity to add value to this extraordinary company that has very high standards in people and their products.
Management is exceptional and inviting. Great learning experience.
Pros
wealth of knowledge
Cons
Could be a great place to work
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJune 21, 2017
I work 12 hour shift on a very demanding job, But I enjoyed working there. Management could be a bit better, if they had more structure. I have learned a lot about people there. The job wasn't hard you just had to stay with it.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Worked for temp agency
Management only cares about themselves
Braider Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJune 14, 2017
You get very little guidance and can hardly ever find your manager when issues/problems arise. They seem to disappear into a dark hole and can never be found. Even if you do find your manager they down talk you and treat you like you are not a human being. The plant is going down hill and just keeps expanding with outdated technology that has been used since it was first made and they refuse to update it. Getting materials needed to complete your job is a headache and no one seems to care. I do not recommend working here unless you want to be just a number.
Pros
None that I can remember
Cons
Management does not have your best interests in mind.
Very Professional and Caring Company
Lifecycle Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2017
As part of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies the culture is absolutely fantastic. I love the work that goes on within this company and the benefits were great.