Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc Employee Reviews

Productive place to work where there is always something new to learn and the people are very motivated
Preclinical Support (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 1, 2016
A typical work day involves product testing and model development in a research and development lab. I have learned a lot about our current products, product advancements, and competitor products. I have also learned about how models and model development work. All of my coworkers are extremely friendly and helpful; everyone offers help to anyone that needs it. The hardest part of the position (most of the days) is managing time between all the studies going on at that moment, or setting up for the next day. Teamwork is a big theme around here, so it makes our daily lives easier when everyone is working together or helping each other out with their daily responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is being hands on with everything and learning about all of our products and how we're trying to advance them and seeing the differences between our products and our competitors.
Pros
Hands on learning
Cons
Can be very long and tiresome days
Professional environment filled with intelligent, down-to-earth employees
Franchise Packaging Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 13, 2016
I worked in the Franchise Packaging Development department. The onboarding process was great; my workload grew over time, however, I was never thrown into a situation in which I was not prepared for. I learned a ton over the 6-month co-op and I enjoyed it very much. One drawback was how some of the full-time engineers either had too much or too little work; the more 'talented' employees were over utilized.
Pros
summer hours, cafeteria, learning opportunities/internal classes, technology available
Cons
strict atmosphere, time management
people oriented with large picnics every year
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJOctober 15, 2015
good company to work for it is people oriented with large picnics every year. You are always compensated for a good performance.
Pros
flexible hours
Good company
Associate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas city, MOOctober 2, 2015
would recommend this position
good work life balance
great opportunities for advancement
lksajdlkjsad lksajdsadsal lsakjdsa
Very Productive
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2015
Within Medical device industry, very good place to work, as wide range of product families with wide range of global market
A very nice place to work and to grow your career
Quality Engineer (contract) (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJAugust 22, 2015
Ethicon is a well established and organized company with sound fundamentals and well written corporate policies and procedures. During my short time working with Ethicon, I had opportunity to learn and grow with the team and establish myself.
great place to work at.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 6, 2015
Great place to work at. They do their best to make you feel comfortable. The managing team does a great job at dealing with everything that goes on in the place.
Pros
Friendly enviroment.
Cons
third shift takes a tow on you if you have school etc in the day time.
Great company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  USJuly 12, 2015
Great company to work for. Great co-workers. Management is awesome. It needs more collaboration between peers, everyone is so busy people dont help each others.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Collaboration
Great culture and great opporunity to build long-term skill set
Associate Product Manager, Advanced Energy (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 8, 2015
Ethicon is a great place to work. The people here are smart and challenge each other to be better. I love that coming into work here every day you really feel as if you are making a contribution (however small it may be) to helping people live a healthier, longer life.
Pros
Gym, PingPong, Summer Fridays
Cons
Large office, lots of processes
Productive and mostly fun place to work
Anode Operator (Former Employee) –  Cornelia, GAJuly 7, 2015
Started machines and got them running properly.
Learned how to work with acids and silicone.
Management was pretty strict, not alot of time off of work.
Got along with co-workers most of the time.
Hardest part of the job was learning all of the technical parts related to how to fine tune the machinery.
Most enjoyable part was the pay.
Pros
There was a cafeteria on site.
Cons
Long work weeks
Productive and welcoming place to work
Line Facilitator (Current Employee) –  San Lorenzo, PRMay 31, 2015
Has a very good culture and Credo driven work area. I love what I do but the 3rd shift is not the best. I love working directly in operations.
Great place to work if you like hands on work
Packaging Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJMay 3, 2015
Typical days consist of getting new projects and following appropriate test methods to evaluate product packaging. I learned effective and efficient writing due to the demand of test results for packaging integrity. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hands on nature of testing materials.
Pros
Great learning environment, new challenges
Cons
no overtime, short term assignments
Challenging and Disorganized
Energy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2015
Training content was terrific and challenging expanding my knowledge.
The daily life is up at 5, at the OR and trying to sell in surgery all day, then take staff and physicians out in the evenings. Very long hours with poor work-life balance
Sales compensation changed and does not adequately compensate for the hours required
Pod format with a large team and absent management is a poor business model
Pros
Education
Cons
OR environment is high stress and unfriendly
Ethicon
Lead Change Management Analysts (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioApril 13, 2015
This company has a very good culture to work in. They provide a lot of tools to be successful. There is a lot of room for advancement opportunities.
Good Entry Level Job
Chemical Lab Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GAMarch 31, 2015
This company is a good place to get your start. Moving up requires that you play politics rather than being based on skills and accomplishments.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Politics
There was always pharmacutical product to run.
relay winder (Former Employee) –  San Angelo TexasFebruary 28, 2015
I learned to check product and place it on a conveyor belt and checked the product that was ran 100%. the product and information had to be properly documented and accounted for before end to the next department to be packaged and sent to hospitals.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
no health care or vacation time
Research & Development (Former Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Great place to work. Supportive and friendly staff that helps you whenever needed. Everyone was a pleasure to work with.
Good Working Environment
Mechanical Engineer, Contracted by Aerotek (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJFebruary 17, 2015
A fast paced work environment where everyone is friendly and very knowledgeable. Not as cut-throat as some others had made it seem, but definitely keeps you on your toes and busy.
The people were great but this was two year contract
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 13, 2015
Packaging sterile endosurgical equipment in a clean room environment keeping computer records for every batch of parts packaged and maintaining a clean environment.
Pros
nice people
Cons
sitting down all day
Clinical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 29, 2015
Always developing new products and training their employees

4.4