ETHRA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Challenging but rewarding.
Tansportation Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 25, 2017
Relatively low hourly wage that was balanced out by lots of overtime. Rewarding in that I was able to provide transportation to special needs and under privileged clients who had no other means to get to their destinations. Very satisfying being a genuine public servant.
Pros
Overtime, Public Servant.
Cons
Being mistaken for a state employee.
Management & schedulers are a joke
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2017
schedulers get mad at you and give you the worst runs they start sometimes at 4am and don't get off until 7-9pm some of the drivers are inappropriate. They say some inappropriate things to young women,some have been known to touch women inappropriate and also if they can't find a place they are going to they will cause you to miss your appointment.
Pros
Interacting with public
Cons
They lie to you
overworked and underpaid and appreciated
Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 7, 2016
the summery says it all! we would have to start at different times each day usually around 5:00am and we would work until usually 5:00pm or later all while driving around some general public passengers but the majority of our passengers would be special needs and / or wheelchair bound medical patients.
Pros
easy job
Cons
at least 11-12hr days every day, sometime no breaks, period
Excellent Resource
Senior Community Service Employment Program (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 26, 2016
ETHRA has given me the opportunity to get back into the work force with the Senior Community Service Employment Program. I am finally getting to use my skills while I continue to look for permanent work.
Interaction with people in need.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2016
I enjoy helping people who are in need of transportation to and from their medical appointments. I enjoy making them laugh and giving them encouragement. To me that is the best part of this job.
fun workplace they moved office to knoxville too far for me to drive
Families First Coordinator/Tenncare Billing (Former Employee) –  TNSeptember 14, 2015
Families first coordinator. Scheduled rides, dispatched, answered switchboard, tenncare billing. They cross trained everyone so that we could do eachother's jobs etc... We had to file, pull a manifest every morning, communicate with driver's constantly. Our days were very busy.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
main transportation office moved to knoxville
Bad working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 4, 2013
This working environment is totally unprofessional. If this company had better management and promote employee loyalty it would be a great organization to work for. The turnaround is to frequent for an Non-Profit Organization.
Very laid back company great management
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 1, 2012
Typical day at ETHRA starts a 8 am, Start on a vehicle doing oil changes and inspect for other mechanical problems or preventive maintenance such as brake changes, ball joint replacement, tie rod ends, inspect tires for abnormal wear and adjust alignment to spec. My Manager is a great guy and a great person to work for, Co-Workers are good to work with and are there to help with anything if needed. Hardest part of my job is having to stop in a middle of a job and make a "run" swapping out agency vehicles. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with, they make the day go by faster and are always there for a helping hand.
Meh
Transportation Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 23, 2012
Started out awesome. Inbound calls were steady but manageable. After a few years the call volume increased as well as the amount of clients not following procedure for scheduling. Unclear guidelines for transportation from supervisors vs. the contracted guidelines from United Healthcare were troubling.
Pros
good hours, benefits, vacation and sick time
Cons
inconsistencies in policy and procedure