ETMC Employee Reviews in United States

Engaging place to work.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at ETMC working as a Maintenance Tech involves replacing tiles, and making sure everything is up to code for government inspections.
over worked
pca (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 7, 2015
good people. some administration folks don't really try to care for their employees
overworked and under paid not appreciated for all you do.
Hospital setting
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 14, 2015
Have worked for this hospital since 2007 in the lab as a phlebotomist. I have enjoyed my time here and my work schedule which is currently 7 days on 7 days off.
Pros
discounts, work 7 days off 7 days
Cons
hospital so not closed for holidays
You will always be productive
Medical assistant "back then I was in training. (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg TXJuly 16, 2015
As I was in training, everyone there was wonderful, the nurses, the physicians. The physicians saw patients on time and they always had a work routine going, which is hard to see in many work environments, especially in a hospital setting.
Pros
the paid amount was fair and everyone gets treated equally.
Medical Record Tech & Nursing Adminstration Assistant
Medical Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Athens TxJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at ETMC consisted of me assisting with ER analysis, verified/scanned Medical Records, competed addendums, verified and marked inpatients within AS-400, completed surgery data logs and reported inpatient cultures.
Floor Tech
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  TylerJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at ETMC is about the same as my past jobs go in and clock in and go do your duties. What I did at ETMC was making sure that the floors from the surgeries room were clean and also the halls.
My co-workers kept to them self and were polite never had a problem with no one. Since I worked there there hasn't been a task that I couldn't do. ETMC was a calm place to work and also work on your passe there were no rush just make sure it was done when needed.
poor management made work environment very stressful when job wasn't or the problem
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville TexasApril 30, 2015
poor management. management played favorites when someone was sick you have to have a doctors note or you were put out to be a liar for calling in sick even with a doctors note as well holding your job over your head saying you don't have one even though you're really sick and been put in the hospital again with a doctors note they didn't care. management act like they were concerned but when asking for you time off for a doctors appointment for check up they complained about it. management didn't leave their office. In the office unless it was time to eat for lunch. let other people talk to customers and other coworkers poorly and took up for them. to me it means a lot of clothes workers and management needs to be replaced to do the job better very stressful environment with all I said was going on.
RRT (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXDecember 7, 2014
This hospital is a good place to work. All departments don't work as well together as other hospitals but it works. At this facility a RRT is basically jus a neb jockey. It has no respiratory protocols and the administration and physicians are not going to allow them. The director of the respiratory department isn't even a respiratory therapist, she is the director of the Lab. With all that in mind it is an OK place to work.

What I don't understand is that the ETMC mother hospital in Tyler has almost all the Respiratory care protocols and a director that is a RRT.
Great Place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I definitely learned a lot from working in this atmosphere.
Business Office
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXSeptember 8, 2014
They are very career orientated but don't like to see you succeed any higher than where you begin.
Pros
great food at lunch, close to home, good parking.
Cons
don't want you to move higher (out of the bus. ofc), back-stabbing, talk down to employees
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 29, 2014
Good working environment and friendly staff. I enjoyed working in this Company and would recommend it to others.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
productive fun place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 30, 2014
Busy but a typical day at work. THE HARDEST PART IS LOSING A PT ON THE FLOOR TO DEATH.
Pros
pt satisfaction
Cons
sometimes hard to get a lunch.
Great
Extern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXDecember 3, 2013
Working hear was great it was a great experience for
r me the management was great i loved my co-workers
Pretty good job
Data Entry - Patient information assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, TXOctober 1, 2013
This was a pretty good job to have but there were so many people there that did not want to be a team. It was a constant struggle to get everyone on the same page and it finally became more than I could deal with, nor did I want to be in that mess.
great enviorment
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 30, 2013
a typical day at work would be just getting there setting up the hotline and start serving all the hungry customers who have worked all day or just stopping by for a bite to eat. I learned that just because one person likes something doesn't always mean that the next one will. My co-workers were always supportive and helping. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with rude customers but hey there will always be rude people. The most enjoyable part would be getting to meet all the new faces and learning them by name
Pros
the laughs and family
Cons
rudeness
Great opportunity
Nurse Tech I (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 10, 2013
Taking vital signs. Input and output. Being flexible to work in all areas required.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
not enough hours/called off alot
Poor management
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJune 6, 2013
After repeatedly voicing my concerns regarding my ability to carry out the responsibilities they were expecting of me. They continued to tell me I was doing a good job and not to give up. I had developed so much anxiety over this job, because they had not told me they were going to put me in charge shortly after beginning this job. I did not feel confident or competent at that time and as a result made many minor errors along the way for which I continued to express my concern and was again not listened to. I finally quit and decided to take a RN refresher course before seeking another nursing position.
Friendly and welcoming enviornment
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 1, 2013
I love working @ ETMC. I am an EKG tech and I absolutely love the atmosphere here. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. You instantly become part of a family. I wish they had a full time opening, but unfortunately they are fully staffed. I hate that I can not be here more.
Pros
experience
Cons
no full time positons
Productive and excellent place to work, fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 14, 2013
Worked in the ER, very busy, fast paced environment, worked harmoniously with co-workers, patients and visitors. The hardest part would be working hard to provide excellent customer service to our patients and visitors. I enjoy working with people and helping them.
Pros
discounts for lunch and gift shop
Cons
exceptional long hours
Co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 26, 2013
I have worked on this Telemetry Unit for 14+ years. It has been a great place to learn and great for opportunities. I have functioned as the QI Nurse for this unit for the past 12 years.
Pros
great people to work with