ETMC Employee Reviews

Work Expirence
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 22, 2018
The Housekeeping Department is very unorganized and has a hard time keeping Managment. My time employed at this hospital I had 4 or 5 different managers.
Worst ever management
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I worked at an ETMC facility for a Company named Hospital Housekeeping Company. I never worked for a worse company. They offered holiday pay but would make you take off to keep from paying you. If you worked a holiday, you would be payed for the hours you work with an expectation (according to their written policy) of requesting a day off with pay at a date of your choosing. Raises were promised and never given. District managers coming into the facility taking the few supplies provided. I reported the Assistant District Manager for drinking on the job and was terminated two weeks later. They used to make the facility supervisor work off the clock to keep from paying him overtime. I had to file a complaint with the labor board to receive all of my final pay which took about 5 months to finally collect.
Pros
The hospital staff was friendly and respectful
Cons
The most unprofessional and lying management ever.
Typical schedule
Nurse Tech II (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXDecember 27, 2017
Fast paced, busy days. Patients include all types of illnesses. I was able to apply many skills learned form both training and life lessons. Management was mostly accommodating. Workplace was friendly. The hardest part was the overflow of patients at times. Most enjoyable part was the patients.
Pros
Patient care skills
Cons
Missed lunches because of excess of patients to care for.
It was an ok job but....
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 21, 2017
It was an ok job but the didntva good communication with their employees about "teamwork". People called in making us short staffed and not able to get the work for that shift done.They need a system where they only let you checkout the hospital at a certain time instead of all through the night , thats why 2nd shift worked loke a dog.
Pros
Lunch paid for out of check.
Cons
Need to work on teamwork.
Run
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Carthage, TXNovember 6, 2017
You trust no one, the atmosphere is very crazy. They have there favorites and if your not end your out... There's good girls that work there but a lot of bad ones..
Pros
The job its self is great, good benefits
Cons
to many back stabers, do not get paid enough, atomsphere is not welcoming.
Good working environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXNovember 2, 2017
Through the years that I have worked at ETMC in the ER I have had 6 different ER directors. Several cuts made in our department that have certainly made the job for nursing in the ER much more challenging and stressful. Overall we have had really good managers while in their position. I do feel they should review the cuts they have made to improve the quality of care that could be giving if they would increase staff.
great learning experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 24, 2017
Every day there would be something new to learn or look forward to. This company always keeps you on your toes. I floated a lot sometimes two specialties a day/ week
Good people to work for
Registered sleep technologist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Normal sleep lab setting, Sometimes busy, sometimes slow. Job security is something everybody worries about, but that's the case in any job setting these days no matter where you work.
ETMC is a decent company
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 5, 2017
The pay is good, and the environment is awesome if you are laid back. Management at times can be lacking on what you would expect, but they are good people. Benefits alone make the job worth it.
Pros
benefits and 403B
Cons
other employees can be lazy
Job enviroment
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Crockett, TXAugust 24, 2017
I enjoyed working here but it had some long hours, 12 hours. If you liked being by yourself then thats good but not me I like to interact and talk with others.
Pros
Pay was good, benefits
enjoyed my co workers
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of checking patient's in and out, collecting patient data and scanning into charts. The hardest part of the job was being blamed for appointment delay. The most enjoyable part of the job was enjoying who I worked with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Exciting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 8, 2017
Working for an hospital was very exiting. I am a people person so being able to help people when they need it the most is what I love being able to do.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Availability
It's a job
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 19, 2017
It's a lot to do there and very challenging to work there. It is a Nursing Home and they demand alot from the caregivers because are very special patients to care for.
Great place for experience, over works full time staff, very poor pay.
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 15, 2017
There is plenty of experience to be gained working here, however, many people have experienced job burnout because of being overworked and underpaid. Working as a PRN/Part time EMT, you will be paid less than the lowest paid employee at Buc-ee's Gas Station, and do not receive raises and will not have work made available if you are injured outside of work and are incapable of working. Another issue is that if you are working the standard 12 hour truck, you will be paid less than a 9 hour truck hourly, and the company claims that this is logical somehow. The working conditions are hard on your body and general well being, as you are stuck in the ambulance for 12 hours at a time and doing post changes, which makes it hard to be able to catch any sleep if there is downtime while working a double shift, as there are no stations for the workers to be in. This wouldn't be such an issue if it were not for the fact that the ambulances have been traded out for new ambulances that have less room in the front cab for the EMTs and Paramedics to ride in. The coworkers are mostly all great people, just stressed out and overworked, due to mandatory overtime and the rotating on call schedules for full time employees. A positive is that the company now offers a paramedic program within the company that has just now been brought to Waco. If you are wanting to work to the bone and get a lot of good EMS experience, a full time position would be ideal, even a part time position is good. You are able to work as much (not to exceed continuous 36 hours), or as little as 48 hours in a month. All and  more... all, a decent job for getting experience and having as a side job, however, not a great job to stay with, unless you have nothing else.  less
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to work, Paramedic program available within the company, CEs are available
Cons
Poor pay, poor working conditions, you'll get paid more sweeping parking lots at a gas station
Loved job duties but management play favorites
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 26, 2016
If you aren't in with the clique then you will be talked about and not treated fairly. It does not matter who works hardest, it matters how much brown nosing you do.
Pros
Job duties
Cons
Favoritism
registration clerk
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 22, 2016
Low pay, poor training, higj expectations. Always understaffed due to high turnover of staff. Loved helping the patients but etmc is profit driven . The learning curve using the outdated as400 system is crazy. Only go thete if you are desperate. Supervisors are typical corporate, taking it easy while the clerks work their butts off!
Pros
its a paycheck. health cover after 60 days. great patients
Cons
crazy schedules. poor training. underpaid
Life- changing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXDecember 7, 2016
My experience at ETMC has been a learning level. This is the first nursing job I had. Everyday there is a new opportunity to experience something new. I have become a productive ,caring nurse.
Pros
Being able to help someone who is unable to help themselves.
Cons
the drive
Or
OR NURSE (Former Employee) –  tyler txNovember 17, 2016
Absolutely loved working as a circulator in the OR. There are always learning opportunities and great mentors to help you.
Pros
great learning opportunities
Cons
employee favortism
Fast paced
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Henderson, TXOctober 26, 2016
A good place to work. But its hard when you have small children involved in activities. Depending on the staff that you come across most of the people or friendly and make the job fun to work
Pros
more days off
Cons
salary not as good as expected
Teamwork
RN (Current Employee) –  Quitman, TXJuly 21, 2016
I currently work PRN at ETMC Quitman. I would describe the atmosphere as small town with the "family feel". This facility is providing care to the community and allowing them to stay close to home. As you all know, nurse has it's good days and challenging ones, however ETMC Quitman is a wonderful group to work with and for. They provide excellent care and compassion to patients and others and are always willing to help out when needed.
Pros
teamwork, compassion and caring
Cons
Prn