Etsy Employee Reviews

Fun and encouraged personal responsibility
Store Owner (Current Employee) –  Elverson, PAMay 26, 2017
I make my own schedule and manage all orders within a given time frame. I answer all emails within one business day, and have maintained a 5 star rating.
Pros
Make my own schedule
Cons
Orders are not consistent
independent work
Etsy shop owner (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 16, 2017
You work at your own pace towards an individual goal. It is not a regular salary, you sell and then it might not sell for a while. Not a stable job but flexible around your schedule.
Pros
free time, own pace
Cons
not a regular salary
Great company to work with
Shop Owner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2017
Etsy was very pleasant to work under and gave me great freedom with my products and sales. I was able to do what I love and get paid for it. Etsy has been a great addition for selling my creations over the years.
Cons
Fees
Fun being able to do your own thing and make money doing it.
Online Seller (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSMarch 21, 2017
Etsy is awesome if you can get people to purchase your items. So many people are on Etsy you will need something special to stand out among the rest but if you find it you will love it.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Hard starting up
Good Learning experience
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 13, 2016
conducive environment to learn and grow professionally. Supportive management and encouraging teams/co-workers. offers great work-life balance. Enjoyed working with the team .
A good way to bring in a little extra money
Etsy Seller (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CASeptember 20, 2016
I enjoy selling on Etsy, it's a good way to make a little extra cash now and then with a crafting skill I possess that isn't in great demand in the general workforce. It's not a typical day job.
Great business allowing me to work from home
Seller (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCApril 17, 2016
This business was convenient for me because I was able to stay at home with my son the first two years of his life. It is very well organized.
Own Boss
Wedding Floral Designer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2016
Do what you love, make it happen.
On my free time, I work on designing the wedding floral parasols, I get to use many different kinds of materials.
More of A Hobby Than A Job
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 12, 2016
My mother and I currently own 3 shops together. When we started this 3yrs ago we had 1 shop and I did the photography, loaded the photos to the laptops, edited the photos, and she did the rest. This worked for quite a while and we even managed to open a 2nd shop but then I got sicker, at that time, and she had to take over everything. Eventually I got better and was able to start up social networking which brought in some views (not a lot but more than before) to the shops. So it ended up that she runs the shops and I run the net (which kinda became a thing of it's own).

My mother goes to garage sales, second-hand stores, estate sales, etc. to find things almost every weekend. She takes photos in the mornings and loads them to her laptop when she gets the chance. She does thorough research on all items as well as VERY thorough packaging.
Pros
Setting Your Own Hours
Etsy is Incredible
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2015
The company is a good company, the people are amazing, its stellar. It is full of so many smart, creative people, there is no doubt that whatever you do there, you will find something cool out about yourself. What it presents to the outside world, is exactly what it is on the inside. Politics are not prevalent, and employees have a genuine interest in helping you out.
Creative Opportunity
Shop Owner (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 6, 2015
Etsy was great in the sense you had complete freedom to choose your work load and schedule. Complete control over your marketing, design and management. On the downside, you had to juggle many roles at once.
Progressive and conscientious workplace with great diversity
Risk Operations Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 30, 2015
Etsy HQ is a warm and truly unique workspace. It offers an open-air seating arrangement with communal desks. The company has made a proactive commitment to sustainability and provides quality, locally sourced goods for employee meals and events. This is a non-discriminatory environment that actually celebrates individuality, promotes gender equality, and encourages work to be executed colorfully, thoughtfully, and communally. There is an attitude that we all have something to learn from one another and that everyone's ideas can propel Etsy's teams to greatness and the company to higher ground.
Pros
Excellent insurance, dog-friendly office, healthy food and beverages
Love working for myself
Owner/Operator/Creator (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILSeptember 2, 2014
I love working for myself, however the income is not steady enough for my household needs.
Pros
Working for myself
Cons
Not a steady income
Fun
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 21, 2014
Great way to make money working from home. I've been searching for a job for quite a while, and selling on Etsy has kept my head above water for quite a while now.
Flexibility
Entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  web basedJanuary 11, 2014
I enjoy the flexibility of selling handcrafted items on Etsy.com. I can easily work from home or when I am traveling.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no health benefits, no guaranteed income
Great online resource for homemade products
Clothing Designer (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 29, 2013
Though products on Etsy are sometimes priced unfairly by the people who use the site, Etsy has become famous for helping artisans connect with their audience worldwide. The site has a positive atmosphere, and the developers tried to make both selling and buying items as easy as possible.
Pros
Advertising possible directly through Etsy
Cons
Some users are scams (over-charging for simple things)
great way to work at home
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  coachella, c.aJuly 16, 2013
loved it the best part was satisfying the customer in what they wanted