Job Description: A private registered investment firm is seeking an accounting professional to perform various corporate accounting functions and oversight as well as support for investment partnership accounting and financial reporting. This position is ideal for an ambitious, experienced professional who seeks to join a growing firm. This position will also provide the opportunity for independent initiative and judgment to improve accounting processes, procedures, financial reporting and growth in corporate accounting environment. Full benefits packages, including health/life insurance and 401(K)/profit sharing plans are offered.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for month end closing process and preparation of financial statements for various entities, for CFO’s review, firm’s partners and outside auditors.
- Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals, variances to forecast, and reconciliation of various accounts, fixed asset administration, and various employee benefit accounting.
- Supervision of accounts payable process and accounts receivable billing process
- Payroll input and review to outside payroll vendor.
- Tax compliance support as needed for various state reporting (CAT and Use Tax).
- Maintenance of various spreadsheets to support financial transactions and analysis of various expenses.
- Bank reconciliations and various treasury functions, including bank liaison and cash flow management between various bank accounts and entities.
- Assist in preparation of audit work papers for year end audits with outside auditors.
- Participate in the annual budget process for the Company and interim forecasting.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests as appropriate.
- Assist company in executing company policies and compliance procedures
- Other corporate accounting duties or supervision of duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and demonstrates a “can-do” positive attitude.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or re-prioritization of projects.
- Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and Word. Advanced knowledge in Excel understanding concepts of databases, filtering data, use of mathematical, logical, statistical and financial functions a plus.
- Knowledge of Peachtree Accounting software a plus.
- Tax experience in some general partnership or corporate tax laws/preparation a plus.
- Real Estate Accounting or experience a plus.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required, CPA or CMA preferred
- 2+ years experience with significant accounting responsibilities
- Public accounting experience in auditing or tax a plus.
Indeed - 7 months ago