We are looking for a research professional with a strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, as well as superb writing skills. Project related work will include cognitive interviews, usability studies, focus groups, survey research, that measure usage and attitudes toward resources or organizations, measure employee or customer satisfaction, and support program evaluations, among other activities.
Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis on various projects supporting non-profit and government initiatives. Conduct tasks related to research design, data collection and analysis while helping the Project Manager keep tasks on track. Conduct research studies following the research plan, developing questionnaires, interview protocols, screeners, moderators’ guides, collecting data, analysing information and writing research findings reports. Create tables, graphs, charts and other graphic displays of data. Review and summarize publications relevant to required analyses, to provide context for interpreting findings.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant social science is preferred, a minimum two years of social science research including survey research design, program evaluation, analysis and reporting is required.
- Knowledge and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Documented experience in writing research finding reports.
- Knowledge and experience in questionnaire design, research methods, and data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in designing, and conducting qualitative research, analysing and interpreting data and writing research findings reports from cognitive interviews, focus groups, or one-on-one interviews.
- Moderating and/or interviewing experience.
- Knowledge of research software such as survey development tools, interviewing software, qualitative analysis software, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of the English language both in writing and orally. Strong writing, editing skills, strong attention to detail and project coordination skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Background in psychology, cognitive psychology, or organizational psychology is preferred.
- Our benefits include health and retirement benefits and a positive professional environment. We are also conveniently located on Rockville Pike, two blocks north of the Rockville Metro. Free parking.
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample that demonstrates skills in writing research findings reports. Resumes MUST include a cover letter, salary history/salary requirements and a writing sample to be considered.