Eurest Employee Reviews

Good enviroment
Mail Clerk/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2016
The work load is very manageable, we receive a couple of deliveries a day(UPS, FedEx, and DHL) which I log into our SC Logic system. For the most part it is a great environment. We work great as a team and we have a manager who does not micro manage everything we do. He trust us to get the job done. Unfortunately the pay is not good enough to support a family which is really the only reason I am looking for something new. Upper management is very good and promising raises but they do not keep those promises.
a great company for the every day man or woman
Barista / Catering / Cashier / Baker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
a typical day at work: arrive early. leave early. lots of work on your feet. hardly any downtime in your average shift
what i learned: lots of time management skills
co workers: great and supportive.
hardest part of the job: some holidays werent paid
the most enjoyable part of the job: travel to other accounts and meet new clients and employees
Pros
good pay. good benefits.
Cons
long hours on your feet.
Very fun and well mannered workplace. Everyone is encouraging is open to advancement right away.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 21, 2017
I have only been with the company for a month and already i feel there is many opportunities for me to advance and further my career. I would say i don't like how the hour are pretty much set with no real room for overtime.
Pros
meal plan, upbeat environment, great management
Cons
can be unorganized, communication could improve, no room for overtime
the all male management was extreamly flirtatious
Operations Maintainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2016
When I started I was told I would be a team leader with a raise.which never happened. I did my part although the management didn't hold to their part. I took a month to get my first paycheck.
The work place and how it really is.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 26, 2016
New Management crew was hired last year. They do not have employee employer connection relationship. Some manager's extremely dishonest to the extent to cover their own behinds. I was terminated after 6 years of faithful service because of this. The company has ethically gone down south and it doesn't matter to them that they really should value the little people. Boeing employees hate what has happened in the last couple of years with the cafe's. The food prepared is terrible. The attitudes of the employee's are the worst as far as customer service is concerned.
Pros
its a job.
Cons
management, benefits, treatment, respect, support, marall and fairness are almost completely non existent.
Needs less top heaviness.
Corporate Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 26, 2016
Micromanagement. The removal of Executive Chefs from the decision making process (Determining produce purchases, ect. Having freedom (removed!) over food design & concepts in 'any' station is saddening. They want a culture...But they want to be the 'only' culture (Upper culinary management) ONLY! Very Elitist....Not warranted!
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Runs like a big company
great place
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 10, 2016
Large company with nice benefits, job security, and good management.
Interesting work with lots of career options and nice working environment.
Not a very nice place to work
COOK I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2016
Management was mean, they always gave us more to do while cutting our hours. I had to work off the clock to get the job done so I wouldn't be written up.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not a nice place to be
Compass - Everett (Inside Boeing)
management (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 8, 2016
Although higher management tries, hard as they might, this is a difficult property. Boeing is so controlling that it is difficult to actually run a kitchen here. The work load is over the top and you are always short handed with staff in the kitchen.

It's impossible to actually do a great job here because there is so much red tape.

The expectations are not realistic. Behind the scenes there is an overwhelming amount of complaining by Compass Staff and it's almost all true.
Decent place to work.
Station Lead (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 27, 2016
The ability to move between accounts was appreciated. Management seemed to be a little disconnected at from staff's needs at times. The ability to climb the corporate ladder seemed limited.
Pros
Ability to transfer between locations appreciated, set schedules
Cons
pay on lower end, not much growth opportunity
Actively works at staying on the cutting edge of technology for customer satisfaction
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 1, 2016
I have learned to effectively manage multiple work sites, along with work crews, while maintaining strong customer relationships. The most enjoyable part of the position is the interaction with the work crews and customers. I also enjoyable keeping the customer satisfied. With the nature of the job, no day is ever the same, and I like that as well, it keeps me growing and adapting to what is needed from day to day.
Pros
Flexiable schedule and ability to manage it. I love the people, (employees under me, managers above, and the customers we serve.
Cons
While benefits are available, they are quite costly. There have been a few overhead transitions during my employment, bringing or taking away from what was previously established.
Fast paced, steady work place, variety
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2016
As a barista, my day is very repetitive, yet never dull! With the same customers everyday, orders are easy to memorize and it's easier to be efficient. There's Oppourtunity to learn a lot here, with the exception of the fact that it's due to lack of the proper amount of personnel needed; almost everyone is cross trained. What I enjoy most about my job the creativity in given to run my department and to get the customer excited!
Pros
Free food, paid holidays, paid sick days
Cons
1 unpaid break, little room for advancement
great employer and supervisors
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 21, 2016
i enjoyed working for Eurest Services. The people were great to work for. If and when i needed something done i could count on my higher personnel to assist me. Atypical day at work was at times very challenging but enjoyable. I learned to work with management of the contracting company.How to deal with and handle co-workers in a professional manner.
Pros
breaks on time
Cons
health care and dental
there are some awesome people who work for them
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2017
eurest/compass group is was a great company and wonderful support from upper management when I started there in 1996. left the company for 10 years then returned with bonappetit and was incredibly disappointed. no support from manage ment either at the account or from the region.
Pros
people
Cons
management
44 year rest Dining Services was a very big eye opener for me
Grill Cook/Prep/Bartender/Catering (Former Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 17, 2016
I love working for us in the beginning I was the one cooked it's cafeteria-style out of Coors Brewing Company same customers the management however. The management took me to quit with no notice and everything I cannot work in an environment and you're always putting me down and you never have anything nice to say for years I had to go
it was great. the benfits . the manger. it was great . the hours work perfectly for me
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 1, 2017
It was great. They have good Benefits. The manger was nice and lovely. It was great. They were nice. The job was great. They care a lot about their employees and that why I think they are great
Pros
they gave us free lunches for holidays
Cons
good benfits for health and for insurances
Good place to work for just want to do something more challenging
Business Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 5, 2017
Good company to work for just need to do something more challenging and fun. The hardest part about this job is currently we are an outside contractor and the client has hired an management company who wants to cut cost.
Absolute worst triumvirate of a management corpsIve seen in all of my years in the business
Worker (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 29, 2016
Absolutely at the bottom of places I've been in involved in as far as employer ,manager ,and worker are concerned.No accountability or responsibility..unprofessional employees with no ethics or sensitivity or sanitaion with food training(what to do or say around client base)..lack of monitoring employee henchmen that are involved in theft and create a constant hostile workplace.Petty ,personal attitudes that should never be in a workplace.Ripe environment for a lawsuit..but it's better to move on and allow them to keep failing and losing culture and contracts to a group(company) that understands you are working with people.Wouldn't recommend ANYONE to this company...just a revolving door.
Pros
weekly meal costs
Cons
Unprofessional Chefs and Manager seems like they were plucked from the worst of other establishments
Great Experience
Campus Executive Chef/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 7, 2016
A great learning experience and challenging culinary based position. Multi-unit complex with 4 Kitchens and 6 different serving locations. This position required multi level thinking, planning and execution.
Pros
Culinary Freedom
Cons
Work Life Balance
i love compass
Pantry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2016
Compass is an awesome company to work for. They are very understanding and competitive pay. They offer pay time off and benefits after 90 days. Some companies make u wait a year. I love this place....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurest. Our community is ready to answer.

71%