Eurest Employee Reviews

productive and sometimes a bit overwhelming
Full-time cashier/floater (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 19, 2018
Depending on the tasks at hand, interaction with just a few people at a time. A typical day of work consisted of making sure the breakfast line was full, filling coffee constantly, refilling coffee cups, cold cups, napkins, boats, clamshells; restocking drinks in coolers; cashiering for breakfast and lunch; barista; tearing down breakfast line; helping out with deli i.e. slicing meats; chopping veggies and fruits; making sandwiches and wraps; help out with main entree line; helping out the grill cook by making french fries, onion rings, etc., keeping salad bar full. End of day consisted with printing out reports and counting till, sweeping and mopping floors, washing tables, washing out coffee containers, taking out garbage, etc.
The hardest part of the job was having certain people try to earn my respect in the workplace and count me as an equal. I enjoy teamwork and doing things individually. Another difficult part of the job was having some people train me that needed more training themselves in that area.
The most enjoyable part of the job was providing great customer service and customer interaction on a daily basis.
Pros
loved the customers and greeting the public
Cons
too many change ups all at once
Food Service Director
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Oversee multi units within the company. Breakfast, lunch, catering and delivery of dinners to other sites. Was the Food Service Director and executive chef and what ever else was needed. I started out grill cook and worked my way up to food service director. Was still involved with the everyday production of the units.
Pros
Do what ever it takes to get the job done
Cons
extreme hours
Productive place to work with nice managers
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Really enjoyed my time here. Great place to work. Manager was nice and always polite and kind to work with. They really strived to instill a “family” type setting between everyone and just made sure everyone was happy.
Good food
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 15, 2018
- Good Cooks
- Learned to Be patient
- Workplace was good
- hardest part of the job was doing the other workers job
- most enjoyable part was the cooks and the good food.
Pros
Nice Coworkers.
Cons
Lazy Coworkers.
very stressful due to never knowing when the job will be gone
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 14, 2018
The work is hard. The not knowing if or when the job will end is very stressful. Good benefits. Except you MUST pay for food even if you don't eat. Any other company I have worked for has given some sort of food allowance for the kitchen staff. My immediate supervisor is great. The DM is not so great.
Worst Job ever
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 9, 2018
Horrible Management. One Manager preferred Temp Workers (mainly Female) over Actual Full-Time Employees. Long Hours. Sometimes, 12 Hour Shifts alone.
Pros
Lunches Paid for
Cons
Long Hours
ok
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2018
This place is very poorly run. You work like a slave and make the company thousands and thousands of dollars per day and at the end of the day you get zero appreciation. I worked there for over 2 years and maybe got one "good job" the whole time. Not the place to work if you value yourself as a hard worker. no compensation for hard work.
Overall not too stressful, fun sometimes.
Lead Barista/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 1, 2018
Typical dining job which includes customer service, cash handling, inventory counts, making drinks or prep foods. Keep service and bar areas clean. I learned how to coach and train new baristas, the work culture is OK. Nothing is ever too hard unless you can't stand for prolonged periods. Other than that I really enjoy working here and having nights and weekends off.
Pros
Paid gourmet lunches, great benefits
Cons
High turn around rate
Es bueno el ambiente con la gente el horario muy bueno y su forma de trabajo me gusta y conozco bien a la compańia
Cook prep (Current Employee) –  Cook en Costa Mesa CA.December 31, 2017
Trabajar en esta empresa es muy agradable me gusta su forma de trabajar sus horario su limpieza presentación en la comida igiene personal etc.
eurest dining
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 31, 2017
It is an ok place to work, Management needs to be on the same page with everyone. I did enjoy working there but recently it has turned into a zoo. You never really know what you job is.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
feels like you really don't know your job
Terrible manager
Occupational and Safety Coordinator-Food Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2017
Terrible Manager and with low pay rate. Manager call off hours and very pushy and moody. Unwilling to let employee transfer when there is a better opportunity.
High School but worse
Chef (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 26, 2017
There was always something to complain about rather than solutions to the problems. A lot of finger pointing and no leadership or team work. I was thankfully terminated before i wasted anymore of my time planning on quitting.
Pros
Hours
Cons
everything else
turn over
Compass at Cummins Corp (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 13, 2017
I saw a lot in the 2 years i have worked there. people come and go so much that it seems that Management should look at the reality of why this is happening.
Management is not concerned about things that matter to the worker! Big problem!
Pros
Work in a very diverse area.
Cons
Learning skills can be accomplished in a diverse atmosphere, and its nice to teach others with different culures.
It’s fun to work here but sometimes stressful
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 13, 2017
It’s a fun place to work but sometimes the manager here would say one thing or another and she would change her mind and she gets mad easily but overall she’s a really good manager.
Greak place towork
Food Service Director / Chef (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 11, 2017
Great work place , some poor upper management.
Great learning, team, training. Fun to work for. Most weekends off. No nights. Great local team. Great work culture.
it was a learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 10, 2017
I worked her while attending college I liked the staff and all th guest I had the luxury of serving. It made my day to see that I could bring a smile to someone's face.
Pros
met alot of people
Cons
manager was irrational
Work is Steady
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CADecember 8, 2017
The work was at a steady pace. Days were a little bit of a down time do to the bussines hrs beeing open. During the night it picked up and was able to clean the buildings.
Pros
Full-Time
Cons
Work was mostly nights
Needs Cultural & Organizational Improvement
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
Profit driven client support organization made on the backs low skilled labor.
No leadership of consequence, no culture to speak of, a patchwork of bureaucratic and archaic policies that stagnate motivation.
Overall
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 30, 2017
Working at Eurest was an incredible experience. I got to meet new people and become friends with my regular customers. My coworkers and managers were all great and super easy to get along with.
It was a fast paced environment that demanded excellence everyday
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Washington DCNovember 17, 2017
The culture was much different at Eurest vs, ARAMARK. The turnover at Eurest was very high, I had 3 Regional Vice Presidents in 1 year. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my team.but outside my team everyone was out for themselves. Teamwork an morale was low and I may difference while I was there.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Impossible expectations