Eurofins Scientific Employee Reviews

Excellent working environment, great for women with children
Chemical Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 19, 2016
Eurofins is an excellent company, who really works with employees and families. It has an awesome staff and great working conditions.
Solid environment
Senior Chemist (Current Employee) –  Leola, PAAugust 29, 2015
The company has a fantastic work environment that is highly productive and motivated. It runs like a well-oiled machine that promotes strong work ethic and rewards employees for their performance. I simply need a better location for the sake of my relationship.
Not a place for a career
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 28, 2015
Co-workers are amazing. Management in Des Moines is great as well. But globally, the company is so focused on acquisition of other laboratories that very little revenue is reinvested into current employees. There is no real career ladder. Regardless of whether your goals are achieved, increased compensation is extremely hard to come by, and is far below industry average. It's a great place for a job for one or two years, but this isn't a career.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and management
Cons
Low wages, high workload
Productive and fun
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 7, 2015
Easy to move up into management and other key positions. Great benefits and 401k, life insurance and long term care are all provided
Pros
Birthday cake every month for everyone
Cons
micro management in th labs
Fun Place to Work
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Southampton, PAOctober 20, 2015
We were bought out by Eurofins back in May. So far it has been a fun place to work. They seem very competitive and driven in the business aspect.
Fast passed very busy work enviroment
Shipping Receiving Clerk / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 13, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of several boxes arriving in a small area filled with various vitamin and or mineral samples. Needing to be identified and then information to be entered into the system on the samples as well as testing instructions to laboratory staff. Samples ranged in number day to day.
Pros
Jules, the Business Unit Manager is really down to earth.
Cons
Always busy with an unexpected amount of duties on a day to day basis.
A fun place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 28, 2014
I learned how to work independently and I had to memorize a lot of methods. Working for this company has made me a more confident person. My co-workers are like family. The hardest part of my job is the physical labor, but even that isn't that hard. It definitely doesn't keep me behind, I get everything done on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the smell of chocolate and cinnamon.
Pros
30 minute breaks plus a paid 30 minute break.
Cons
Moving the lab to Lanchaster, PA
A Contract Company where Advancement is Impossible
Senior Technician (former employee) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 25, 2013
The relationships with co-workers were the only positive thing with Lancaster. The job expectations were unrealistic. Staffing was not at acceptable levels. Management was not scientifically competant.

This company is a good one for training and getting experience. There is no room for advancement. This company is a stepping stone to the job you really want. The founder of Lancaster would be horrified at how people are treated at this company.
Pros
job security but excessive workload, ok benefits
Cons
no work/life balance, incompetant management, weekend work
Hard work for high throughput
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 27, 2013
Eurofins does food testing for chemicals and microorganisms. The focus is on high throughput and low cost. Long hours and weekends may be required. Management is having a power struggle between the old guard and the new hot shots.
Pros
quality people at worker level
Cons
management struggles internally
Okay company to temp for, but not for long term
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 11, 2013
The company is very anti-intellectual and will not support you if you would like to go to school or learn new skills. No career development or advancement opportunities. Extremely high turnover. Management lacks training. "The Walmart of Labs"
Cons
too many to list

Want to know more about Eurofins Scientific?

Ask a question
Had fun entertaining truck drivers
Grain Inpector (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 8, 2014
I had to open the office up turn on all the equipment and get the office ready for the day. The management was good and the co-workers was great to work with too. The hardest part of the job was at harvest time to adjust to the hours. All the new people that I met.
Contributes to global health and safety.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Blair, NEMarch 11, 2013
A typical day at work would start by entering a very pleasant and friendly lab. When you first arrive you jump right to work and at my lab; I have various duties. Eurofins Scientific in Blair, NE is a corn grading laboratory. The trucks bring in loads of corn that the staff will grade based on weight, moisture, damage and foreign material in each load.

Another part of the grading process and testing the corn for Aflatoxin, a toxic mold that has been a pest in this years crop of corn. It is a carcinogenic mold and at about 80 parts per billion (ppb) can kill a person. To test for that we grind a small sample of the trucks corn and place it under a black light to see if it glows a bright fluorescent green; which just happens to be an indicator of Aflatoxin. If the sample has the fluorescent glow it will then be tested further. A 50 gram sample is mixed with 100 ml of methanol (70/30) and then mixed. A smaller sample of 50 Ul is mixed with 100 Ul of a buffer and then set aside for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes it is put into a reader and the Aflatoxin measurement is presented on the screen.
Pros
fun fast paced environment. always work to be done.
Cons
short breaks. uncertain hours.