What We Do and Who We Are
Advanced Practice Strategies (APS) optimizes healthcare outcomes by measuring and improving clinical decision-making. Our latest innovation, GNOSISTM, engages physicians, nurses, and other clinicians through a first-of-its-kind assessment that measures clinical knowledge and judgment and maps out an individualized learning path that delivers content only and exactly where each clinician needs it. Driven by our patented personalization technology, GNOSIS combines provider measurement, customized learning, and an actionable administrative dashboard that gives both clinicians and administrators insight across multiple levels of care.
Our proprietary database of individual knowledge and judgment assessments provides a transparent picture of clinical risk and more importantly, specific opportunities for outcomes improvement. APS serves hospitals, health systems, and insurance carriers in a way that is engaging, data-driven and focused, proven and trusted, and delivers real financial impact. For more information please visit www.aps-web.com.
What You Will Do
APS is seeking a talented Instructional Designer to work with Subject Matter Experts (doctors and nurses) and content development teams to understand a clinical practice area and then create engaging and interactive online products. This position presents an opportunity to work with a motivated, energetic group making a significant difference in healthcare.
- Understand complex medical problems and suggest simple approaches to teaching this complex content
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts and content development team members and design compelling and engaging online interactive exercises and learning content
- Embed adult learning (andragogy) principles into the GNOSIS™ platform and all learning products hosted through the platform
- Design and create assessments that test both knowledge and judgment of clinicians
- Organize and execute multiple products in parallel where each contains branching case scenarios and interactive exercises
Some Job Requirements
We are looking for candidates who embody the APS spirit – passionate work, resourcefulness, creativity and team play. Candidates will also have the following:
- A deep understanding of Adult Learning Theory, and experience with online learning
- Experience working with complex medical content areas and user-centric, interactive content design
- 5-7 years in designing complex medical online courses, with interest in a wide range of medical topics
- Ability to understand technical/engineering aspects of online content development, a plus
- A formal Instructional Design degree, preferably at the Masters level
- Though we are looking for some specific skills – as noted in the list above – who you are is more important to us than what you know. Attitude, values and raw talent are as important as specific experience. Non-negotiable competencies include openness, team approach, and a strong focus on balancing frame-breaking innovation with real deliverables.
More About Us
We’ve been around for a long time, have more than a thousand client sites, and have earned a reputation as the best and most innovative provider of online education in medicine. But that’s only the beginning. Our vision and mission go far beyond what we’ve accomplished so far. We are building the bridge that will take clinicians into the digital future in which information and knowledge are able to serve them with the same individual care they deploy in serving their patients. To make this happen, we have to be compassionate revolutionaries living inside a big established healthcare industry, but confident in our ability to inspire great transformation.
The team we are building is full of incredibly talented, self motivated, creative, compassionate people who want to make the world a better place by using all of their extraordinary talents. We are small, but not for long, and because of this we are committed to an environment short on hierarchy and bureaucracy and long on ideas and innovation. We’re serious, and we also love what we do. We have resources, and we are careful to make the most of them. We’re proud of our accomplishments, and we are eager to learn more, to accomplish the next great thing. We are idealistic, and we are also results oriented. We love solving complex problems, and we have an instinct for keeping things simple. We are demanding of ourselves and each other, and we also have fun and support every member of the team.
Industry / Job Highlights
Healthcare, sales, Salesforce.com, patient safety, online learning, eLearning, software, implementation, project management, project execution, APS, Advanced Practice Strategies, growth, start-up, medical education, CME, CNE, CE, CEU, nursing education, medical education, emergency education