Europa Sports Employee Reviews

Sad place to work, no structure
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 7, 2017
If you have a family stay away! Each day the staff is getting by. Low wages and long hours and no room for advancement. Poor organization and not enough supplies to get the job.
Pros
A job
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no advancement
un aware of time your able to leave
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTDecember 8, 2016
Given daily order in which to Identify and pick proper product. Then QC items to make sure that all product was proper orders. Other tasks included personal projects for warehouse manager in counting inventory and damaged goods, work behind computer to print and review orders along with emailing customers on service and any other questions revolving customs and purchasing. Driving a fork lift off and on loading trucks with no prior license was also a privilege given from management.
fun place
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 17, 2016
its a fun place to work. the management is nice and tries to solve problems to the best and quickest of their abilities. although it is a warehouse job the day is full of fun surprises.
Constant turnover
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2016
Buyer beware. Management is clueless and old fashion. Really outdated to say the least. The turnover rate is very high.
Pros
Workout facility
Cons
Management doesn't care about their employees
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 18, 2015
Management doesn't care about the employees and the productivity was set to high that most of us couldn't hit it and management would get angry even thought we were working so hard.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Productivity was to high. Not enough carts
Ok place to work
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2015
Good company wasn't there long enough. Could use more workers willing to do teamwork to get the job completed. I would work there again.
A Revolving Door
warehouse functions to cover shortage of staff (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 30, 2015
Unfortunately, the environment of this employer has changed drastically in the almost 4 yrs. I have been employed there. I started in the Receiving Department. There has been turnovers of 2 Operations Managers, 3 managers and a constant hiring in warehouse employees.

There is no morale and no respect given to workers. Co-workers who have been employed for a longer period, are those I can relate to because of the current environment. However, I am an easy-going and hard working man who needs to make a living to provide for my family. I keep a positive, upbeat attitude and do my job with great diligence although it is quite uncomfortable. I get along with everyone & am proud of the job I was hired to do. However, I was sent over to the Shipping Department & my hours have drastically changed. My previous hours were 8am - 5pm, working overtime when necessary. As of the past couple of weeks, my hours are 11am - ?...depending on the day. Mondays it appears there are a shortage of employees due to the fact they call in. In order to get the job done, an average time to leave is between 9pm -11pm (I have yet to work until 11pm but others have) I continue to work for this employee because of my work ethic & diligence. There is no advancement & the limit is $14.00/hr. I make currently $12.75/hr, started at $11.00/hr. I have learned that sometimes employees are just a number & not appreciated or given "a pat on the back" for a job well done.

The most enjoyable part of my work day is lunch when I call & speak with my wife who gives me a vote of confidence & encouragement.
Very healthy place to work
Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2015
Great environment amongst coworkers. Communication between management can be displaced at times. Owners appreciate their employees. The opportunity for advancements depends on department.
Pros
on site gym
warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Great People
Great Hours
Dumb Rules Management waste money on shipping there are better ways to send items.
Fun place to work with gym
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2014
Purchased for warehousing. Very enjoyable place to work
Co-workers were very helpful
Pros
gym
Well done.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHApril 24, 2014
Great food at a Great price.
Great employees.
Good atmosphere.
Learned time management.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Busy at times.
Team oriented work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2013
A typical day starts with a meeting on how to get more productivity done. In this company there is amount of work by quota that needs to be done by shift. If your quota is not met , you are written up. There will be Temp agency workers to train daily, as you are not paid to train. I've learn to depend on certain team mates to execute job duties daily. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if your employment is available the following day, as new co workers come and go. My overall opinion is that there is no job security at all in this work place , but who am I to judge.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
unpaid lunch, no breaks.
IT Internship
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2013
Found the environment laid back and the people super nice and helpful. As an intern I was given certain tasks to complete daily or weekly and given all support needed to accomplish this task.
Takes exceptional care of their co-workers
WEBS associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2013
Europa Sports offers an amazing opportunity to not only learn about the health industry, but to work side by side with some of the biggest names in muscle building and sports fitness competitions. Shifts are 9 hours long but that includes a one hour lunch within a building that has a complete full service gym including a personal trainer and nutritionist on staff at all times. The people are extremely well educated in the industry and always willing to talk health to improve each others workouts.
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2013
A typical day at work for me is recieved goods,put away items using cherry picker.The hardest part of me job is doing others jobs if they call out.The most enjoyable part is driving all of the equipment.
stay away if you have a family
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  mesquite txSeptember 7, 2012
long days low pay and no room for advancment unless you are a chosen one.
Pros
warehouse manager is great!
Cons
no room for advancment long hours if you have a family this is not the place for you
Productive and fun workplace with family atmosphere
Warehouse Associate, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 17, 2012
I learned the many different areas of the warehouse including, picking and packing orders, quality control, local delivery driver, and trained new employees. A typical day in the facility included picking a packing customer orders, and upon resquest I assumed the position of quality control when needed, and I also processed orders on the computer and loaded the packages on the computer. I did almost every job in the warehouse, and my co workers admired me because I was there a long time and I motivated them with my work ethic. Management also requested that new employees be trained by myself.
Productive and fun workplace with family atmospher
Warehouse Associate, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 17, 2012

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Europa Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4