European Wax Center

European Wax Center Employer Reviews

Reservation center associate
Reservation Center Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on services
Cons: no benefits
The Company in a whole is an excellent company especially if you love to get waxed and you truly believe in there products. On a regular and on a daily I answer phones dealing with customer questions in regards to what makes the waxing different from any other waxing out there. I handle the scheduling, re-scheduling guest reservation and handle all customer service complaints.
Good experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was usually busy answering and making phone calls, setting up or cancelling reservations. I learned to build up my confidence.
Management was ok for the most part,got cheated out of a job due to management lying and it cost me my job that I loved so much.
My coworkers were the best and made work excellent!!

Hardest part was trying to just make sure everything was done the way they wanted it to be.

Most enjoyable part was that I enjoyed going to work everyday and I made the guests feel comfortable and I also loved my coworkers as a whole.
Great environment
Wax Associate (Former Employee), Sea Girt, NJJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day of work included taking scheduled clients, as well as walk in ones. Keeping the place clean and neat, especially the wax suites. I learned what its like to work in a beauty field and with so many other girls. The management was questionable at times but mostly it ran smoothly. The co-workers all had great personalities and were fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is the training in the beginning. Once you learn all the techniques its smooth sailing from there. Overall I liked the experience but it wasn't an ideal long term job.
Fun place to work! great benefits in the right locations
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Humble, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: tips, commsions
Management couldve been better. Overall a great place to work
European Wax Center's Opportunities
Center Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: culture, consistency, engaging, active, fun!
Cons: advancement from management position
European Wax Center has been and is still very good to me. The company has provided an avenue and the resources to equip me in my management tasks to face. Both on a managerial and team wide forum European Wax Center allows it's managers to grow, learn and succeed.
n/a
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Check guest in/out. Book guest reservations. Handle all guest related issues. Represent the company in a professional manner. Upkeep front lobby. Plan and organize bi-weekly meetings. Balance register at beginning and ending of shift. Sale “Wax Passes” and products. Submit daily forms to managers/franchisees/corporate.
great work environment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJanuary 5, 2015
great employees and efficient GSA's. very caring and very good with customers and clients.
Creative Goal Setting
Operations Manager / Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
Meeting and exceeding goals through creative solutions. intricate coaching plans designed by myself to help make every team member successful.
Great starter job!!
Lead wax associate (Former Employee), Estero,FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: no breaks, short term employment
European Wax Center is a great place to build a clientele for a new esthetician. Unfortunately the owners don't like to keep employees long term. They allow you to build a clientele then let you go so they can keep the customers and filter through employees. I have seen this happen at multiple locations in FL.
Easy place to work
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2014
There was a lot of drama between coworkers and the front desk people. We were a brand new store and started with only 5 waxers, and it was very divided between cliques. Overall I liked working there.
Good place to start out
Waxer (Former Employee), ArizonaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: schedule. you get to learn how to wax quickly.
Cons: management, sales goals, cut throat environement, unethical.
Management is terrible. You will have service and retail sales goals to meet and if you don't you will be written up and eventually fired. Consistency is lacking, front desk can get away with anything if they have high package sales. commission is very low and the more packages that your clients get on, the less money you will make and the smaller your service dollars will be due to discounted waxes. The clients are great and you will learn a lot about customer service. There is limited to no growth within the company once you are an orange level waxer. Shifts are good and you will never work past 8pm. No benefits unless you make a certain amount in service dollars. Very threatening environment and you will feel terrible about yourself if you have a bad month due to how management treats employees.
fun place to work, day goes by fast.
Wax specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: daily tips
Cons: no benefits or holiday pay. no sick time until after 1 year.
Typical day at work goes by very fast if we have a lot of guests we are seeing. I learned how to wax all areas of the body. Our managment can be supportive on certain occasions but its not consistant. Co-workers are great, we all get along and communicate well with eachother. We all help eachother out when needed. Hardest part of the job, would be having to rush through waxing knowing you have someone next. If one person comes in a little late or if they take a little longer once in the wax room by asking more questions or wanting to take breaks between waxing strips it can put you behind on all your next guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing our guest is walking out feeling much better about themselves then they did when they walked in.
Wonderful place to get experience!
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: no health insurance, no promotions.
Learned how to operate Millennium, and mastered it. Learned booking codes and how to book clients and check them in. Management was good, could've been more aggressive. My co-workers are awesome, they are very supportive and hard working. The hardest part of the job was sitting down all day. The hardest part is remembering codes and learning scripts.
Great place to work. Incredible growth potential.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Marlboro, NJOctober 30, 2014
I learned a lot working for Hilton. I also grew there as far as my career.
All about sales and numbers
Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2014
Cons: see entire post
I worked for EWC for over 3 years.

EWC's are ALL about SALES and NUMBERS and less about the employees and customers.

Our particular owner micro-managed you 100% of the day. Cameras and microphone on you at all times. So if you even THINK about making a mistake, forget about it. Everything you do and say was on tape.. lobby, breakroom, hallways...

You want a day off as a waxer?? You need a 30 day notice! You want to call out sick?? Well you can just forget about that too!

You will make GOOD money as a waxer but you must HUSTLE! All day long. On your feet for 8 hours a day with MINIMAL breaks. As a GSA (guest service associate) you will also make great money if your manager/owner has a good incentive program.

I hope you like memorizing over 50 scripts as a waxer or gsa. Every single thing you say to the customer will be scripted. Your sales pitch, your check in and check out, even the way you explain the products and technique, will all be scripted. Granted, some of the owners are not as forceful with the scripts as other owners. But remember, you are working for a corporation, so it will all be very similar.

As a GSA you will have to give about 6 rebuttals anytime someone says NO to you. Oh you don't want a wax pass? Well that is too bad because you are going to purchase one before you leave the building. Oh you don't need the ingrown hair serum?? Well those ingrowns on your bikini tell me something different. Oh you don't have the money to buy an $800 wax pass? No problem, we will split the payments up. Just give me your credit card and we will take care of the rest.
 – more...
Again, SALES SALES SALES. If you live for selling and demeaning customers so you can make more money, then this is the job for you!

I know you are probably thinking "well you were there for 3 years so it couldn't have been that bad." We had a joke at our EWC.. "EWC is like a bad relationship, it somehow manages to pull you back in every time you are ready to leave." So yes I stayed because I was making the best money I could at the time.

Personally, if you are an ethetician, you can find a much better job where they value you. Sure you will make great money, but is it worth your soul?

Indeed says I should mention the most enjoyable part of the job. Funny, I can't seem to recall any enjoyable moments.. oh wait, now I remember. The most enjoyable part of working for EWC was the day I quit.

Go ahead and take the job. Just know when you realize what a disaster it is, I will be in your head saying "I told you so"...

There is a reason that all EWCs have a constant swinging door and a HUGE turn over rate.

Good luck but I hope you keep on looking!!!! – less
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager after 4 month (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 19, 2014
Pros: incentive sales commission.
Cons: no benefits
Fast paced work environment.
Great costumer service.
Great coworkers.
easy going work enviorment with potential to create own bussiness
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), foster city, CAOctober 16, 2014
great place to work, flexiable work scheduale, great co workers, understanding manager.
Very busy a lot of time is spent on the phone and talking to guest
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee), Fair Oaks, CAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: flexible with hours
Cons: if you do not sell enough you will not receive any of your commission
You are typically on the phone or checking in and out guest. You are mangaging schedules by booking appointments. A large part of the job is selling passes, that your comission a large part of your check.
Fast paced, constantly changing
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Management always proposed new and innovative ideas for a more productive workplace.
managment is horrible
Esthetician (Former Employee), Brea, CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: work you like a salve in a sweat shop
I was on medical leave and they let me go because of that. I loved making woman feel beautiful is why i stayed. However they dont care about your well being at all. All the want is to hard sell products

1 2 3 4 5