European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Probably would have enjoyed working at another center
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIOctober 16, 2017
I honestly expected working for EWC to be a lot better & go a lot smoother than it did. I had good & bad days there (mostly bad, tbh) and probably would be happier at another location. The pay was not what I was told it would be and we also did not receive benefits.
Pros
Free food occasionally, enjoyed talking to guests, great franchise owners
Cons
No benefits, Stressful, Poor management, constant competition between staff, overworked, expected to do things that weren’t part of my job, management siding with guests over their staff, unfair expectations, punished for following protocol/procedure
HORRIBLE franchise
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 14, 2017
the owners dont care about your personal problems. they favor employees that have the best numbers and talk down on you otherwise. the manager is a clone of them and is a caddy little girl and will literally corner you the second your numbers go down, but will act like your best friend when youre selling product(that no one buys half the time)
forced to sell overpriced product that doesn't work. Good luck trying to get a weekend off cause no one will cover your shift. customers show up late/no show/ don't buy product all the time cause there is no discipline action(late fees). But it ends up being the waxers fault for some reason. no raises instead you "get more customers" no the more people that are on our books the more the owners make off of us.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Review Summary
Speed Waxer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. I learned what its like to work with difficult people. The workplace culture depended on what the manager's intentions were.
Pros
Free lunches when you met a goal with the people you worked with.
Cons
No breaks.
Loved it!
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 13, 2017
I was with EWC in Napa. Loved working there. Loved the hours and the scheduling. I enjoyed building clientele and building relationships. It was a very face paced, fun carefree job. I would most definitely work with EWC again.
Super fun job!
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 12, 2017
I work as a Call Center Representative and I find it to be very fun. You get a lot of downtime when calls are not coming in, so it makes it the perfect job for a college student.
Pros
downtime
Cons
no breaks
Stressful environment and poor management.
Head Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NYOctober 12, 2017
I have worked in this industry for some time and I had a hard time with Management. My manager was the owner's daughter and did not care what went on in the company.

We did not receive any sick/vacation/ or personal time; although we were hourly worker's. Equipment failure regularly. Guest complaints at a high all for one Center/Location.
Pros
The Guest that came to get serviced is the reason I stayed for 4 years.
Cons
No health benefits, although we worked 40 plus hours per week. Poor and unprofessional management
Corprate Structure
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
It was as great opportunity to learn new techniques with a quality hard wax. The product line is effective yet could be better. The corprate structure is a bit rigid.
Pros
Skill developement
Cons
Pay could be better
Worst place
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2017
Stressful
Over qualified and under paid.
No advancement or raises at all.
Don't waste your time.
Management is horrible as well .
Front desk receptionist 15 minutes max of brake.
fast paste
Excellent Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 6, 2017
management could be better, pay could be higher . it was a hit or miss , you never knew if clients were going to do no show , if clients don't show up you don't make any commissions or tips
Fast past, productive but no benefits or advancement
Advanced Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2017
Great for someone that is just starting out in their career. Taught how work with many clients in one day and have time management. There was no proper break room or area or employees belongings. Learned how to become a professional waxer. Job can be very repetitive and not much room for promotion or growth but only offered more hrs and may be over worked. There were no benefits or health care offered to full time employees even though it was a franchise.
Pros
constant reliable pay check, structure and building relationships with loyal clients.
Cons
No benefits of health care, 401K .
Sales oriented workplace
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAOctober 3, 2017
If you don't like the pressure of having to meet a sale goal this job is not for you. They have a lot of employee turnover and switch management frequently.
Wax
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLOctober 2, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere and enjoyable to work. However it does not offer many job advancement and hard to get a raise but maybe that was just my store.
not too bad
Lead Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAOctober 2, 2017
good place to work, if looking for education experience after getting out of beauty school. dont have to pay rent, get paid hourly so even during the slow season you are always going to get a pay check
Pros
educational
Cons
not enough money
Terrible management
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAOctober 2, 2017
The girls that work there are typically nice but the manager is terrible!! She will lie to you, talk poorly about you, and never responds back to clients with questions/concerns.
Cons
Manager sucks!!!
Franchised
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 1, 2017
This company is franchised. Your positive or negative experience working for the company is dependent on the franchisee you work for and their business morals. This company is very sales driven. As a wax specialist you are expected to upsell services and products to every guest. As a guest service associate you are expected to upsell savings packages and current promotions. This company is working to becoming a household brand in the beauty industry.
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
no movement
Stressful and competitive work environment.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2017
An average day consists of checking clients in and cashing them out, handling any and all customer service inquiries, and maintaining sales quotas. While the job itself was not difficult and sometimes actually fun, it was incredibly demanding and their management and corporate staff are very difficult to work with.
Not payed enough
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAOctober 1, 2017
Minimum wage just isn't enough for anyone, not even a college student. While hours were flexible and the environment is good, not having benefits makes me not want to work here. Even the 3% commission is terrible.
Favoritism Is Very High In Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2017
It's quite sad what you see working for this company. They honestly don't care about their hard workers more so about the numbers. It is very hard to grow here unless you are a personal favorite. I hate to say this but, i wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. Maybe if they're between the ages of 16-19. It'll work because it isn't an actual career for you, more so for extra cash in your pocket. Horrible management. They will HOUND YOU if you don't sale. Be VERY aware, numbers means everything
Pros
Optional Over time
Cons
Short Breaks, Bad Atmosphere, Unprofessional Management, Unorganized, No way of growing
relaxed friendly day
guest service associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 28, 2017
A day at work typically would be opening the store getting wax rooms prepared as well with writing and set store daily goals. greet customers letting them know about the memberships and products we had to offer. Answering calls while making appointments or searching their memberships to make payments. I would close the store clean rooms bathroom. call following day appointments for reminding the customer of their scheduled appointment.
Pros
getting waxed
European Wax Center
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Not a job I would recommend. No benefits for employees. No paid time off or health insurance. Management wasn't helpful and there wasn't much opportunities for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6