European Wax Center Employee Reviews

fun work place
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), carlsbad, caAugust 25, 2015
Pros: good hours flexible work schedule
Cons: low pay
fun upbeat place to work
not a lot of benefits
only the tips make up for the little pay you get
a lot of downtime
co workers are usually great
all about sales
Fun work place, very flexible with school/life scheduling
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Flexability with schedules/ free waxing
Cons: Pay stinks
Fun environment, laid back. Days typically include scheduling reservations, answering questions about services, products, and packages. I learned a lot about the various services provided with this company and got to experience them my self. There is a pretty high turnover rate for both employee's and management since most are college students. This position for most is difficult because there are goals that have to be meet( selling products and packages) or your position within the company was on the line. The most enjoyable was the leniency with school. Most of us were students so they allowed for working around schedules and homework.
European Wax Center Vacaville
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAAugust 20, 2015
Cons: No management, unprofessional
A fast paced environment. Co-Workers are very friendly and positive. No management, owner is there 24/7. It's very enjoyable to see the faces of guests after their service is done and they are satisfied.
Good part time place to work as student
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 18, 2015
good place to work while a student or in school. no late night shifts, good experience with customers, phone etiquette, sales
fast pace friendly enviorrment
Lead guest coordinator (Current Employee), dedham,massAugust 18, 2015
Pros: free or discounted services/products
Cons: No benefits, pay is not consistent
Working for this company has been a great experience. My co-workers are awesome and everyone gets along. The only thing that is stressful about my position is the sales part. I work off of commission so sometimes the job itself can be discouraging, But most of the time the guest/customers are great and friendly and make my day. The most beneficial factor to the company is the discounted services and products. I have learned a lot about how the company operates and I have even learned a great deal about skin care.
average part time job
Receptionist (Current Employee), San JoseAugust 17, 2015
Pros: product discounts
Cons: poor compensation/no healthcare for full-time employees
A typical day you check guests in and out of services, schedule and confirm reservations and up sell products and packages. This job taught me a lot of customer service and receptionist skills because the largest part of the job is interfacing with people, managing schedules for not only the waxers that the manager as well. My coworkers were amazing. The hardest part were the rude guests the frequent there and best part is getting to meet some amazing people
Great brand but VERY difficult enviornment causing high turn-over rate.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Fleming Island, FLAugust 12, 2015
Pros: A small commission on personal sales.
Cons: No managerial attention what so ever.
As a guest service associate you are expected to open and close the store, assist in all customer needs, answer phones, complete booking and management of the books, inventory, cleaning, daily confirmation calls, and sell packages. As it is great for your resume, working with several girls in the complete absence of management can become quite difficult. The turnover rate is VERY high resulting in a revolving door of associates and managerial staff.
Absolutely hated this place!!
wax specialist (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXAugust 3, 2015
Pros: free waxing for yourself
Cons: everything
Owner was crazy. I never had anytime off. No respect from management and they did not care if you needed personal time off (i.e. going to a funeral.) I was over worked, never got any raises even though they claimed they gave you opportunities every 3 months. Nothing mattered except sales to them. You would get punished if you did not sale enough and if you refused a service because of poor time management on the client. (i.e they show up late and expect you wax their whole body when you've you got another client waiting and they showed up on time.)
Fun work place with flexible hours.
Wax specialist (Current Employee), Houston,TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours.
Cons: No vacation/ medical benefits.
A typical work day for me includes performing wax services and product sales. Stocking and cleaning treatment room. Management is excellent with very pleasant co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with clients.
Medium Paced, Fun Work Environment
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Great environment, in a great location. Guests are pleasant and make your job a breeze. I would recommend working here if you are a big "people person".
Great place to work if you are a student
Guest Service Associate, Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Commission
Cons: Weekend Shifts
I enjoyed working for this company. There was a lot of flexibility. You must be outgoing and/or good at sales to succeed in the company though.
time efficient, great detailed training
Waxing specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free services, discounted product, free product when finished training
Cons: sometimes not enough services per shift, they tend to spread out services rather than filling people up and sending others home.
I learned how to wax very quickly, time efficient, with little to no pain.

Great trainings.

Co-workers all got along for the most part.

Management was decent.

Hardest part of the job is the physical labor, standing 6 hour shifts and longer if working double.

Most enjoyable-free wax services anytime you want.
Stepping stone job
Esthetician (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good Training
Cons: Management, pay, benefits, coworkers
The only thing that I would praise this place on is the training and experience you get from working here. They pay minimum wage and 5% of each service which is nothing compared to most places that are 20-40% commission. Don't waste too much time working here! Just get enough experience and leave!
My year with European Wax Center
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), Alameda,CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free waxing while at work and good product discount
Cons: working out a lot of the kinks in policy, not enough time for and between services.
European Wax Center is a good place to enter into the beauty industry. I learned full body speed waxing using their exclusive hard wax. The days are busy and you must be able to work fast and stay cool under pressure. I've had the pleasure to work under one of the best managers. I felt supported and encouraged for most of my time with the company and I wouldn't trade my time there for the world. My co-workers have been like family and they have always been there for me. We care about each others progress and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is the timing. The company is attempting to meet higher demands while they grow in popularity. You can walk into work and be booked back to back all day and most times work through breaks. I would say that my favorite part of working for the company is the people. My guest have become like friends. They confide in me and are happy to see me. I love the feeling when they get so excited about their brows that they forget that we still need to apply post wax cooling. Like I said before its a good place to start in the beauty industry. The turn over is very high and girls move on everyday there. Just go in knowing that you can see the entire work place go from one group of people to another very quickly.
Clean fun place to work for beginning Estheticians and Cosmetologists!
Wax Specialist (White Level) (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Cash tips at the end of most shifts
Cons: Only 5% commission, no guidelines for tips so somtimes you get $1.
Very clean, you learn great habits and skills. The clients are brought to you, and you must maintain a good rapport in order to keep repeat business. Offering or recommending products is a must, and daily retail goals are set pe shift.
Fast paced and organized
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Lower priced services and products
Cons: No lunch break
I enjoyed working at European Wax Center because it was a fast paced, clean, and organized environment with all different types of people. It kept me busy.
Fast pace and active work environment
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Westwood, NJJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Quick pace and get to interact with many different people in a day
Cons: Cap-off with room to grow as a waxer
Average work day was typically booked with a few walk-ins to fill up the empty time slots.
I averaged 6 (min) 8 (average) or 12 (max.) hour work days. these house reflect breaks given as well.
Made friends there that influenced my life in great ways.
I learned a lot from management.
Hardest part of the job was saying good bye to my guests/associates.
cares very little about their employees
Lead Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), las colinasJuly 6, 2015
worked at the one in las colinas. they ask a lot of you yet give you so little, especially waxers. low pay, no overtime, no lunch break for guest service, very strict rules, and no benefits.
Fun enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free waxing
Cons: no benifits, no break room
A typical at work was to answer phones , fix the register books, and also get waxed. Co workers were nice and friendly and the job was just a great enviroment to work at.
Fun work enviroment, Friendly customers, onsite training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good managment, friendly coworkers, onsite training, commission, no hard sales
Cons: understaffed therefore overworked, no benifits, hard time getting raises, unreasonable corporate polocies
You sit upfront and help the guest flow. You get to educate guests on what will truly benefit them. You get commission on sales. Great management sets you up with onsite training and education. Fun work environment and friendly staff. Hardships in the job was being understaffed, therefore overworked. Not much quality of life. They offer quarterly raises in your first year bur not much after. I enjoyed building relationship with guests and helping them find what they need. Made lasting friendships with co-workers.