European Wax Center

European Wax Center Employee Reviews

productive work environment
Guest service associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: training and weekly meetings
Cons: part time
a typical day is seeing over 30 people per day, checking in and out guest, counting inventory, making sure register is perfect,close and open store.
Fun and exciting company
Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, flexible scheduling and discounted waxing
European Wax Center is an awesome company to work for. They offer competitive benefits/salary and great perks.

The owners of the Redondo Beach location are always there to help with any questions and truly would do anything for their employees.
fast paced yet relaxed enviroment
WAX SPECIALIST (Current Employee), el cerritoMay 14, 2015
Pros: own room everyday
Cons: not much foot traffic
its a good place to start and learn prompt services and customer service skills. ist is very clean and its nice you have your own room each day
Beware!
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2015
Working with all female's in a beauty field can be very similar to high school! Make sure you fit in with the "popular crowd"!
Direct support
direct support (Current Employee), new york, new yorkMay 7, 2015
A typical work day is going to the individuals home and working on their outcomes. You fill out the necessary paper work. The hardest part of my job would be having to schedule different individuals.
Soso
Sales/Esthetician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville/cliftonMay 6, 2015
I hated waxing-wasn't very good at it. But they give you a base(which many companies in service don't do) and if you are busy you can make ok $ (although its not always consistent). You get paid training, health benefits, and one location was always running sales contests. If you like waxing not a bad place to work and the location you work tips well---not a bad place in comparison to other service jobs.
Fun work place
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), NJMay 6, 2015
Pros: free waxing as an employee
Cons: benefits
Company is enjoyable to work for, taught me different ways to wax, teach responsibility and ho to build clientele. All co workers get along, hardest part of job is building your book, but staff is very helpful in helping you do so . Nice people clean environment, management is good, and well handled
Good Job for High schoolers
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), n/aMay 2, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: no break time, schedule changes, policies that contradict
Typical job day includes checking guests in and out, answering phone calls and light cleaning. I learned a lot about millennium and benefits of waxing. Management is not the greatest when it comes to associates and guests. The co-workers are the best part of the job, they are fun and work together as a team.
Productive and Exciting work environment
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
very easy going environment, with dedicated & concerned management. they want you to strive and grow. hardest part of the job would be if little to no guest come in for a wax. most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and network.
Fast paced work environment
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), European Wax center San AntonioMarch 17, 2015
A typical day consists of coming in around 30 minutes early to prepare for the day, send in appropriate forms, see clients within a timely manner, while providing thorough service, answer client questions and concerns, and inform them about products best suited to them.

I've learned to go above and beyond my sales goals, how to maintain a steady clientele, and an invaluable amount of knowledge in regards to products and technique.

The owner is fair and professional. He treats his employees fairly and respectfully.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building a professional relationship with my clientele.
European Waxcenter
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Love the people I work with and the guests that I meet. It;s a great environment and management really works to help their employees in any way possible.
Productive and fun environment.
Wax Associate (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: becoming a wax expert, tips, and the team.
Cons: benifits
European Wax Center is a franchise so productivity in the work place is depends greatly on the owners willingness to market and advertise as well as the Wax Specialist carrying out their duties . My job as a wax specialist is to keep the guests coming back, education guests on proper skin care, and introducing guests to new wax services. We have a great team who is constantly helping each other. We all have the same concept of what needs to be done in order to make the most profit.
We do work outings and hold contests in-store.
It was a fun experiance
General sales assoicate (Former Employee), florham park, New jerseyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very flexable scheduling
I would open the store turn off the alarm and turn the tv and music on in the front. I also had to make sure that the merchandise was stocked and that the front end is clean. Once everything is set I would count the register and see if anyone left a voicemail then check clients in and out of the store. At the end of the day I would clean up and close the registers and the store. Overall it was a fun experience.
No room for advancement with strict working conditions
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Management and owners expects much more out of every employee than they are willing to give. They rave about all the room for advancement within the company throughout the interview process; however, this is not the case. Many employees have worked there for extended periods of time and not received raises let alone any movement in the company.
Awesome company/high turn over rate.
ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee), floridaFebruary 4, 2015
Love working for the company but it has a very high turn over rate and a hostile work environment. You have the opportunity for growth in the company but that's only if you work for corporate which is basically only all of south Florida locations. Every other location is franchised with no real opportunities to move up.
fun, fast paced flexible
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), brooklineJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free body waxing
Cons: sometimes it can be slow
Great place to work if you have recently graduated
flexible hours
clients always available
free waxing
room for advancement
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of making and taking calls and providing the best customer service possible. I am already a patient person but I have learned better and more efficient ways to give great service to our guests. Although all work is done, the relationship with my co-workers is great. There is great communication and a very friendly environment.
Reservation center associate
Reservation Center Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on services
Cons: no benefits
The Company in a whole is an excellent company especially if you love to get waxed and you truly believe in there products. On a regular and on a daily I answer phones dealing with customer questions in regards to what makes the waxing different from any other waxing out there. I handle the scheduling, re-scheduling guest reservation and handle all customer service complaints.
Good experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was usually busy answering and making phone calls, setting up or cancelling reservations. I learned to build up my confidence.
Management was ok for the most part,got cheated out of a job due to management lying and it cost me my job that I loved so much.
My coworkers were the best and made work excellent!!

Hardest part was trying to just make sure everything was done the way they wanted it to be.

Most enjoyable part was that I enjoyed going to work everyday and I made the guests feel comfortable and I also loved my coworkers as a whole.
Great environment
Wax Associate (Former Employee), Sea Girt, NJJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day of work included taking scheduled clients, as well as walk in ones. Keeping the place clean and neat, especially the wax suites. I learned what its like to work in a beauty field and with so many other girls. The management was questionable at times but mostly it ran smoothly. The co-workers all had great personalities and were fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is the training in the beginning. Once you learn all the techniques its smooth sailing from there. Overall I liked the experience but it wasn't an ideal long term job.

1 2 3 4 5