European Wax Center

European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment, Friendly customers, onsite training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good managment, friendly coworkers, onsite training, commission, no hard sales
Cons: understaffed therefore overworked, no benifits, hard time getting raises, unreasonable corporate polocies
You sit upfront and help the guest flow. You get to educate guests on what will truly benefit them. You get commission on sales. Great management sets you up with onsite training and education. Fun work environment and friendly staff. Hardships in the job was being understaffed, therefore overworked. Not much quality of life. They offer quarterly raises in your first year bur not much after. I enjoyed building relationship with guests and helping them find what they need. Made lasting friendships with co-workers.
Dysfunctional
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2015
The new management was not the best. We had to sell "wax passes" to people which was not bad, however they wanted us to push them on guests who already had them.
Productive growing team environment
Operations / Location Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Team
Cons: No Benefits, Poor Pay, Management / Owner
A typical day at work included all aspects of running the owners business, from hiring / terminating, training, running the front desk, managing the employees, handling guest and employee concerns, payroll, inventory, ordering / stocking, marketing & advertising.

I learned how to really fine tune my time management skills.

My manager was an okay leader who allowed me to become a great leader.

My co-workers were amazing, the life blood of our team culture that I created and enforced. They were the best part of my day at work.

The hardest part of my day were meeting the never exhausting demands of the owner. I was working 80-100 hours a week and it wasn't enough.

As for enjoyable part, again, it was the employees. My team was hand picked by me and was a truly amazing group of girls that helped to fulfill the policies and procedures and grow a very successful business.
Great oppertunity to make money and build clientele
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), San AntonioJune 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day. On a typical day, during a 7 hour shift I would see 15-20 people, some new clients that had never been waxed before, some clients I have seen for years. Each day brought new surprises as well as new opportunities to learn.
Gratifying opportunity and good experience
MANAGER (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Poor benefits
I got to manage a great team and hold weekly meetings to identify where associates were with services, package and product sales, and locations revenue. Not only did I get to coach them, but I learned from them daily. Overall, it was a great experience for me to be head of their team and lead our center with success and exceptional services.
Fast pace work place.
Reservation Center Manager (Current Employee), n/aJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Co workers
Cons: No health care or benefits
A day begins with transferring calls over to the call center from five locations working with different software such as bright house my services , century link. Then we start confirmation calls about 200 - 400 per day, I work on any guest issues and work with corporate to solve any IT issues with our systems. Myself and my co workers spilt all the calls and task evenly to make sure everyone is doing there share. The hardest part of my job Is not getting the help I need with certain guest Issues I am unable to process refunds from the reservation center so I have to send them over to the location manager which most the time takes there time and causes guest to get upset because It Is taking weeks to get a refund when they are told 3-5 business days. The most enjoyable part of this job Is my co workers we are a close nit family always working together to make things flow smooth.
Fn workplace
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Newton, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Discounts on waxing and products
Cons: No lunch breaks, too competitive, management isn't fair
Job was to competitive management was not great at all. My co-workers were awesome besides management. Can be really boring when its not busy.
Great hours and Discount
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Comission
Cons: Drama
You clock in, answer phones and schedule deliveries. Greet customer and explain wax packages. Weekly meeting with General Manager, District Manager and Waxers
Prodcutive work environment
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at EWC East Bay. The type of work was enjoyable because it was demanding and caused me to be a great multitasker.
Great co-workers but lacks management
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), n/aJune 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch on team meetings, great friends
Cons: short breaks, over-work
Very slack job but management is rather questionable. They just care about making money but don't give any benefits to employees. Co-workers are great even though you do get your occasional know it alls. You do get to do whatever it is you want, and they hire whoever is interested in the job. Manager in this location doesn't have a clue what she is doing, and everything gets ran through corporate.
Easy Job, No Future
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Management
Mostly sales-driven, easy work, easy sales. Did not interfere with my home/school life. Horrible management. I exceeded every sales goal and even beat state-wide records and was never given a pay raise. That should say enough.
Could've been a great job
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, discounts
Cons: Micromanaging
I enjoyed most of my time here, but then my manager quit and two other managers replaced her. After that, things became tense in the workplace and most people were on edge an unhappy, creating a difficult work environment. Overall, it was a decent job.
Productive & fun work environment
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2015
Our guests are always great and it's such a wonderful company to work for. I worked with a great team and we were always motivating each other and encouraging one another on how to pitch sales and rebuttals for our's and the company's greater good. As an employee I was very well taken cared of!
positive environment to work in with great co workers
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Rutherford, NJMay 27, 2015
Help guest move reservations
Answer phones
Happy with all the co workers I have had there
The best part of the job was being able to build relationship with guest who come in every 4 to 6 weeks
Fun workplace/Not enough pay
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Coworkers/Guests
Cons: Pay/Hours
I would open the store in the mornings and prepare the store. I had to count the money to make sure it was were it needed to be. Then I would count inventory before the day started. Do data entry throughout the day. Greet guests with a warming attitude. Answer Incoming calls and book guests for future reservations. Make outgoing calls to confirm reservations. Direct calls appropriately. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I would put a lot of time into the job. I was working 32 hours a week and not getting paid enough. Especially for everything I had to do for the job. It wasn't worth it to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and my coworkers. Everyone got a long very well and it was enjoyable. The management was amazing. I loved my manager, I wish it would have worked out!
productive work environment
Guest service associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: training and weekly meetings
Cons: part time
a typical day is seeing over 30 people per day, checking in and out guest, counting inventory, making sure register is perfect,close and open store.
Fun and exciting company
Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, flexible scheduling and discounted waxing
European Wax Center is an awesome company to work for. They offer competitive benefits/salary and great perks.

The owners of the Redondo Beach location are always there to help with any questions and truly would do anything for their employees.
fast paced yet relaxed enviroment
WAX SPECIALIST (Current Employee), el cerritoMay 14, 2015
Pros: own room everyday
Cons: not much foot traffic
its a good place to start and learn prompt services and customer service skills. ist is very clean and its nice you have your own room each day
Beware!
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2015
Working with all female's in a beauty field can be very similar to high school! Make sure you fit in with the "popular crowd"!
Direct support
direct support (Current Employee), new york, new yorkMay 7, 2015
A typical work day is going to the individuals home and working on their outcomes. You fill out the necessary paper work. The hardest part of my job would be having to schedule different individuals.

1 2 3 4 5