European Wax Center Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2017
A day at work was pretty nice, my customer was amazing and my co-workers was great to work with. We had our days but we still manage to pull thru. Overall it was a great job, the only problem I had was with my store manager. She had her favorites and that was the problem, she handle the schedule on who she like the most and was willing to give more hours too.
Pros
sales games
Cons
No Break Room
Fun workplace
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2017
Everyone works well together. And it's a positive work environment. The pay isn't that great it's good for someone straight out of school. I really enjoy working here
Compensation is terrible
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLApril 20, 2017
The position is not bad and a good starting place. Compensation isn't good and tends to be somewhat seasonal. Once you build your book it gets better.
Uh
Lead Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CAApril 20, 2017
This job was interesting at first but then quickly became one of those jobs you dread going to because the need to hit sales goals was intense and very stressful.
great training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cooper City, FLApril 19, 2017
EWC provides a great training base to ensure that you succeed at your position. Great support from the corporate office with new training guides on a regular basis.
Pros
free waxing
Cons
no benefits
productive but very hostile
Belmar Location - Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  colorado, lakewoodApril 18, 2017
early mornings were great had plenty of time to get your self together and do the morning tasks needed to do but very hostile environment didn't really like the people I worked with every girl would try to get each other fired or just talk about them
European Wax Center
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2017
A typical day at work would be answering phone calls, booking guests for their next reservation, checking guests in and out and also selling products. I am currently the Assistant Manager at European Wax Center so I also handle scheduling, help with payroll, respond to all emails, help around the center.
Good Company for part time work
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 13, 2017
The company is very focused on sales and meeting corporate goals. The opportunity to make commission is great and the base pay is decent too. The only thing that upset many employees is corporates forcefulness about sales. Seems like that is the only thing they care about. Not only do the employees get fed up, but many of the customers too.
Awful Management
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2017
There was a lot of turn over for the front desk and waxing positions as well as managers. The franchisee could never get it together as well as had waxers do things that were for managers. Customers were always upset and traffic would always start to die down after all the negativity within work place and turnover. Wrongful terminations to multiple employees.
Fun environment, not so fun management
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 9, 2017
The environment here was really fun, I really connected with all the guests that came in and I liked most of my coworkers. The only con was the management. About a year into working there they changed the entire management as well as the pay, and they weren't very open about it so none of us had any knowledge of what was going on and what was going to change. My manager changed too, and there were so many things that she did that I wasn't happy about. I noticed a few months after she started as manager, my pay had decreased. I confronted her about it and it took two paychecks to get it fixed and I was never paid back. She did many things that were extremely unfair to all of us, and to be blunt she just wasn't that great. Maybe I had a different experience because I knew what it was like before the change, so maybe for someone that is just starting would like it because they wouldn't really know what it was like before.
Pros
Fun environment, flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, pay wasn't great.
Dont do it you'll regret
waxing tech (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COApril 9, 2017
must pay $500 if you quit or are fired within first yr
8.00 hr + terrible commission
rude smelly clients lousy tips
stupid owners think they own you! like they hit the jackpot and your a dumb bimbo they can take advantage of. Who really cares at 8.00 an hr..You don't pay people enough to deserve any kind of respect or fear or power. youre pathetic greedy snake oil sales people
Pros
Cons
so so many.
Fast paced job with decent pay
Skin specialist/Product Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAApril 7, 2017
Its a pretty steady job if you want to work less hours and make a little more. Only downside is that you have to constantly work at a fast-pace and not only that but you don't get much bonuses for selling their products and their commission sucks.
Pros
Free waxing, tips, flexible hours
Cons
No benefits, hardly any bonuses, stressful
a good place to work
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAApril 6, 2017
A typical day included setting up my work station, greeting clients performing wax services, rebooking selling product, cleaning work stations. I learned a lot about the industry and what kind of environment the working beauty industry entailed. Management was good very eager to help employees succeed. the hardest part of the job was time management as far as finding the right balance between making your client feel important and taking the time t o learn about them and performing the wax in a effective time frame.
I love meeting new people so this industry is perfect for me.
Pros
the tips made
Cons
not enough workshops to keep up with new ways of performing our duties, not easy to take time off for other life events
Great laid back environment, awesome co workers, terrific pay
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2017
I am a current employee. The atmosphere is warm and laid back. Guests are consistent. Compensation is great ... get paid for everything!! I love love love working here!!!
Pros
Pay and compensation
Cons
Scheduling is sometimes difficult but it's not major.
All depends on the owners
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2017
The corporate culture is AMAZING! they have tons of resources for their employees to make sure the culture stays the same throughout. BUT keep in mind they are franchises! so it ALL depends on the owners of how informed AND HAPPY they keep their team!
Fun, motivating environment. Great product and core values.
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMarch 31, 2017
EWC was the best company I have ever worked for. They have an awesome product, awesome network of people working throughout the organization and are very dedicated to sticking to their core values and mission statement.
Fast past work environment. Very busy center.
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clifton njMarch 30, 2017
Great clients, great co workers. Alittle over whelming at times but you learn to work with the stress of the job. I've been here since 2012 and I love it for the most part. I have become very close with my clients and co workers. It would be nice to have a break room to have lunch or dinner but there is no break room or anywhere to keep food.
Cons
No break room. Products aren't the best quality.
Very good place to work if you are just starting out with esthetics
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
I loved my job at European Wax Center. My boss was amazing and the overall environment was great! The pay/benefits could have been better. If you are willing to work for your money this is a great place to establish yourself.
productive and fun work environment
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2017
A very flexible place to work at if in school or looking for a part time. Need to be very friendly and welcoming, also customer service is a must! Learn a lot of computer skills.
loved it
wax specialis (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 27, 2017
the waxers an managers were all really friendly its like we are family the manager that was there when I worked there is gone but I had already left when that happened besides her everything was great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6