European Wax Center Employee Review

View all European Wax Center reviews

High turnover, sketchy management -BEWARE
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2013
I worked for EWC for about a year, while I was in school full time. It was perfect for me in that I could work on school work or study during downtime, and I even made dean's list because of it. I also did really well in sales, so the commission on my check was awesome. That's where the benefits to this job end.
New management took over, and when sales for the entire center lacked, owners and management decided they wanted a completely new staff. No one tried to monitor our sales techniques or offer ways in which we could improve. I'd watched waxers be fired for little cause before, but didn't think they could possibly do anything sketchy like that to me. I was wrong.
I came back from vacation to learn they'd cut all front desk associates hours down to 6 hours a week on the slowest days of the week--without any notice. I was told if my sales go back up, I can have my hours back, which was impossible with the new schedule. They also hired someone new full time. I commute about 30 miles round trip to work, and had to quit because my paycheck wouldn't even cover the cost of gas to get to work. They didn't even have to decency to fire me so that I could collect unemployment.
Pros
When sales are good, it's pretty decent money; great while a student
Cons
Greedy owners; terrible management

Other European Wax Center Employee Reviews

You get what you give
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJFebruary 18, 2018
The hourly pay is about 10 an hour but you can make commission on sales, the commission price is pretty low but it all really depends on how much you put into it. It can be a great job if you're in it to win it.
Poor management
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I wanted to work at EWC to gain more experience with waxing. I was excited about the prospect of becoming more efficient and learning techniques to be a quicker waxer. I was dissapointed once my training came to an end. It was slow, and management was sales, as opposed to customer service, focused. In fact, we were told to up-sell tweezers by saying "these are what I use in my room" even though we had to provide our own scissors and tweezers, and they were not EWC brand. It was about selling as much as possible and not building relationships with clients (which is a more effective long-term strategy). Management was not effective with scheduling, did not care about employees, and just wanted their bonuses.
It's a great start to get experience, but I did not (nor would I recommend to) stay longer than a few months. Get trained and move on. They treat you like you will anyway.
The wax was fun to work with, and it is very sanitary, based on who is working. They give you the tools to be sanitary, but did not review in training.
Pros
Training program, wax, sanitation
Cons
Employment after training, hours, poor managw

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.