European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Great environment
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I have learned how to advance my waxing skills. On average I would see about 5-10 customers per day. My co-workers are amazing but the pay sucks. It is not enough to survive on.
Would never tell somebody to work here
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 18, 2017
European Wax Center is a franchised company but the pay is set by corporate and it is terrible pay and terrible "raises" annually. The store I worked at was also terrible management/owner. I hated going to work everyday!
Good Part-time job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Great for students who are looking for a part-time job!
I would not recommend going into management unless you are passionate about being a leader and if you are ready to never have a day off, literally!
Pros
Discounts on services and products
Ok environment
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLSeptember 18, 2017
My store was pretty slow most of the time due to location. Heavily focused on getting guests to buy packages within 1 or 2 visits. Waxers were very good at job, however as the associate, most of the time you are at front desk alone waiting on clients.
N/a
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The European Wax Center is a great place to work. The pay is competitive and the hours are flexible. You have the chance to make guest extremely happy which is a plus.
Pros
commision
Cons
short breaks
Loved my Coworkers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great company to work for. They train you for everything and make sure you are prepared for the job! Everyone at this store was so nice and helpful, felt like family! I enjoyed my time but didnt like the selling aspect.
job ewc
Duties, Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 13, 2017
its a good job good manager friendly work place. i could use more hours. i wanted a FULL TIME job not part time but that is ok i just have to find a different job that offers me what i want and benefits for my son and i
Introductory Receptionist Position
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 12, 2017
This is basic front desk/receptionist work for teenagers or young adults. No benefits and normal pay structure with a competitive sales atmosphere that offers commission. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team/coworkers and the guests are amazing.
Nothing but a stepping stone
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 11, 2017
This is not a career, it is a part time job you do when you don't need a lot of money there is no way to make a living wage here. You will work very hard can be fully booked but you still won't make more than a 1000 bucks in 2 weeks.
Pros
part time, flexible
Cons
pay, workload, expectations
Unfortunate first experience as esthetician
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 10, 2017
No insurance no benefits no paid time off. My training manager was great. Franchise owner was a sleezy business man who would move money out of the account so we couldnt cash our checks. Forced me to do Brazilian services when i wasnt fully trained on first time guests and it went awful. Great clients though but you better be efficient with time or you wont last.
Pros
Free waxing
Cons
No healthcare benefits or direct deposit low hourly rate
Fun place to work with excellent training
Waxer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 9, 2017
The training there was fantastic and I knew it would be a place I could grow with. Unfortunately I had to relocate due to family in NC

My co-workers were always eager to help with any problem or new situation I might encounter. The company was nationwide. If there was one in Fayetteville I would have enjoyed transferring.
Pros
Excellent training with great managers
Fun work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Great company to work for; staff and management are exceptional. Opportunity in sales. Clean and positive work environment. Very knowledgeable staff. Helpful.
Lots of sales
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenvale, NYSeptember 4, 2017
Only cared about product sales. You can work 100 hours a week and have hundreds of repeat guests but if your sales go below a certain amount within the 2 week work period then your entire commission for the 2 weeks is taken away.
Ewc
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 4, 2017
A typical day here is about a 5 or 6 hour shift. Weekends are mandatory to work, at least one weekend day. You see a lot of people and have to sell packages that are intended to help people save. There is a monthly bonus if you are in the top 3 and commission on any package you sell.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
competitive sales position. management does not listen to staff
Good job for a kid in school.
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MISeptember 1, 2017
It's a good job for a student. Your every move is being critiqued because the owners will literally watch you on camera from their cell phones. You're not allowed to have your cell phone on you at all during your whole shift, which can be very slow and dreading. The millinimun computer system is so outdated that you'll find yourself standing in front of your computer, while a guest is waiting to be checked out , feeling stupid because the system just froze. On top of many other computer problems that will occur, making the job that much more stressful. They offer a base pay of minimum wage plus a 2% commission on wax passes, which ends up to be peanuts on your paycheck. They make you work hard for very little pay. You have to push products that you don't even make commission off of. The waxers make commission off products but you'll still have to push the sale. It's a lot of work basically for very low pay and absolutely no benefits. Also their "monthly bonuses" are a joke. Definitely no career advancement.
Pros
Discounted waxing
Cons
Very low pay, a lot is expected for a minimum wage job, no benefits, constantly being watched and critiqued with your every move
poor management
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 1, 2017
Management consistently stirred drama and claimed to not like drama. There was very little room for pay increase or advancement. Compared to other places the compensation was low. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
nice clientele
Cons
management and owner
family oriented and high quality customer service
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2017
This is a great way to start out your career as an esthetician. They provide awesome training and tools for the new employees to succeed. The culture is also amazing and important to the company.
competitive but fun
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYAugust 28, 2017
The best part about the company was the team work. They were all about making the employees happy. The most enjoyable part of it was making a sale and meeting new friends.
its a fun place to work
Guest Service Associate - (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJAugust 27, 2017
your able to meet new and different people everyday. You can meet people who does different kinds of jobs and work all over. Its a new skill that your able to concur .
Good money bad company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 26, 2017
The good thing about this job is that you get paid based on your sales. You have control over your money. Predominatly female enviroment which means tons of drama.
Pros
Money
Cons
Drama, Racist

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6