European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Great Money
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 27, 2017
Great source of income. Depending on management and the culture of the store you work in. In my scenario, the team wasn't understanding of family coming first (i.e my children).
Great workplace!
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJune 27, 2017
Management is very supportive for all employees. I learn every day how to handle different situations and how to adjust my work style based on individual guests in the center. Work is fast paced but very tedious. Being a Guest Service Associate means I am running the flow of the center at all times. It may get stressful at times, but in the end it all works out.
Fun place to work, however not enough money.
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2017
EWC is a fun place to work, however sometimes responsibility outweighs compensation. GSA's are sometimes asked to do things that of a manager with the pay of minimum wage. Work also follows you home and makes you feel as though you are always on call. I love the culture, I just don't like the little pay. Even though there is a commission incentive, it isn't enticing enough to stick around long term.
Pros
Free waxing and discounted products
Cons
Compensation
Has amazing culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 24, 2017
I was with European Wax Center for 3 years. I was taken care of and the franchisee's really do care about you.
This is a company you can really stand behind.
Overall growing company
Lead GSA (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2017
Overall growing company, that has minor nicks, nothing that cant be changed and im sure will change rapidly with the new management coming in. flexible schedules, and co workers typically are like family.
Pros
understanding management, flexible with hours
Cons
no breaks, little pay but oppurtunity for commision
Good job if you have a good manager
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 22, 2017
there was a lot of turn over within management and front desk agent, they pushed you way too hard to sale but you do get half off on waxing and the environment is fun when your not getting sales and packages pushed down you throat.
Pros
half of waxing
Cons
annoying management
Horrible place to work. Horrible pay, company, structure, culture, etc.
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 22, 2017
Do not work here. It is a horrible job for an esthetician. If you need quick money, then go for it. If you're looking for a career job, then skip this company.
Pros
Cons
everything about the company in general
Great for students or people without children
WAX SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
I've mastered the art of waxing which is fun. I mostly look forward to meeting new people and to see my regulars which are awesome. The day to day traffic varies. Some days are so busy that you barely have time to use the rest room, some days are so slow that you barely see any guests. I feel that management doesn't really care about you, they only care about the bottom line. The salary and commission isn't great so you mostly depend on tips to make money. It's great to meet experience but as a long term career? No. There aren't any benefits, 401k, chances for raises or promotions. Unless you're working an 8 hour shift you're not scheduled for breaks so you have to eat before you get there just in case you're busy
They want you to be robots
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJune 20, 2017
You're forced to shove product and upsales down people's throats and you are punished if you do not do so. Apparently anyone can be a manager with no experience
Overall
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
I was able to learn a lot about myself in skin through EWC, I would recommend anyone who is trying to get into the beauty industry to try them out as a first job. Although there are many things they do not provide their products and wax make up for it.
Pros
Free waxing, Good skin care knowledge and overall a great company to work for.
Cons
Short breaks, No healthcare, No paid vacations nor sick days.
Do not work here
Reservation Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 17, 2017
They don't care about employees! You can't even move up in the job like I was told you could. Management is horrendous! Do not apply here even as a last resort.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
No benefits, freezing rooms, broken chairs, broken phones, don't care about employees
Great workplace environment
Guest service associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 14, 2017
Days started and ended great, management as amazing, It was like working with your family, Culture was great. The hardest part of my job, I cannot honestly think of anything, maybe working a 7:30 am shift on a Saturday! The best part of my job was interacting with clients and giving them the best customer service possible! I really enjoyed working for EWC!
Pros
working with great people!
Cons
healthcare, and when it was slow because we get paid commission
Productive and fun work environment
Lead Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2017
This was honestly the best job i've ever had, it was relaxed but yet busy, repetitive but still fun. the care a lot about there employees and you can make a lot of money with this company
Pros
money and environment
great place
Guest service associate/ receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2017
For example, while employed at European Wax center, I acquired strong interpersonal and communication skills. I am now able to think quickly in customer service situations. Dealing with the diverse concerns of customers, I have become adept at handling customer’s issues with the proper mix of sweetness, diplomacy, and tact.
Professional and productive work enviroment
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garwood, NJJune 13, 2017
I am pleased to present my resume to you for consideration in great customer service opportunities. I have a board of Cosmetology License which allows me to be outgoing.

My resume will demonstrate my hard work towards maintaining a good working relationship through my job experiences. I've been fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to work as a cosmetologist and for me to help others.

These experiences have helped me become well rounded and a compassionate person, allowing me to be part of a staff or company where I can apply my friendly and organizational personality. I have developed a strong desire to further my education when the time is right.

I believe that my instructional abilities combined with my strong interpersonal skills and work ethnic would greatly benefit your company if the opportunity is given.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to set up a meeting so that we may discuss in greater detail how my qualifications would best meet the needs of your company.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward in hearing from you.
Can make good money but mostly from sales
Guest Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJune 13, 2017
My experience working there wasn't that great because it was under horrible management but now there is a new manager so it might be better. If you enjoy sales positions and really study the things you learn in training you'll be fine. Not a hard job, can get slow at times and can also get extremely busy. You have to work well under pressure and move quickly and efficiently. It is very easy to mess something up on the computer when it is busy. But the busier it is the more opportunity you have to make more money through sales.
Pros
extra money through sales made
Cons
high pressure
Very competitive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAJune 12, 2017
It's a fun place to work, especially with all the young students working. Only issue was that, it is very competitive when selling wax passes. Pay isn't that great either for all the upwelling you do.
Pros
Discounted items
N/a
Lead Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJune 11, 2017
The discounts at this job was great! The group of ladies I worked with are awesome!! Hours worked well with school, which is a plus! Guests are nice and friendly
Very limiting opportunities at this company
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJune 10, 2017
Nearly impossible to make this a career and support yourself or a family working here. At the max pay an hour set to $9 it limits growth and income for an employee
Pros
Free wax for employees
Cons
No lunch room, no benefits, low pay, no sick days/paid vacation
My Experience
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2017
Amazing place to work, I absolutely love my manager and was given so much one-on-one training in customer service and multitask management. Very beneficial to be around so many strong women daily. The dedication to customer satisfaction is something I thoroughly respect for this location. The hardest part of this job is the fact that there is no opportunity for growth within the company. I gained lots of face-to-face sales experience as well. I also felt it was very amazing how I could connect so much to the customer base- women who want to be truly beautiful, and being able to provide that satisfaction is a feeling like no other. It is amazing how much you can do for someone in 15 minutes, I am very satisfied in my experience with EWC.
Pros
Commission and Bluecross Healthcare
Cons
No room for growth- within company or financially

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6