European Wax Center Employee Review

View all European Wax Center reviews

LIARS! Don't waste your time! High Turnover!
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  CharlotteJanuary 3, 2014
When they first hire you they're warm and friendly and they pull this we're a family. Then you have to study hours of videos (literally hours) and then they have terrible robotic scripts and the order of how they wax. Then you have to go out and buy your own tools AND your own scrubs - $40 and you haven't even started working yet. The front desk got confused and on my second day there (keep in mind on the first day you just talk about the company and get to do a little test patch of wax on your arm) on the second day my books were full!!!!!! Long story short they had noticed the chaos that they put me through and set up a training day three days away. The day before a manager called me and said that it wasn't working out and I just didn't have a knack for waxing. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! I'm a great waxer it's my specialty but how the heck do you expect people to perform if you don't train them?!?!?! BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IF YOUR "HIRED" YOU'RE NOT REALLY HIRED THEY MIGHT SAY YOU ARE BUT YOUR STILL INTERVIEWING WHILE YOU'RE TRAINING... THE PRODUCTS DON'T WORK THE PAY IS BAD THE HOURS ARE BAD AND YOUR BASICALLY A ROBOT TO THEM .. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
Pros
Tips free waxing
Cons
Robotic, Lying, High turnover, Low pay

Other European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Overall "Okay"
Wax Specialist/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sand DiegoDecember 14, 2017
My over all experience at EWC was "okay". Nothing "great" that stood out. I would not stay with the company long term but might consider returning to the franchise in the event that I moved and need to work there again.
Pros
Fast paced, easy to take time off
Cons
No room for growth and benefits are lacking
Fun and friendly work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CADecember 14, 2017
This work environment was highly sales goals oriented and providing excellent customer service to guests coming in for their service appointments. Friendly family environment, corporate values their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5