European Wax Center

European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Medium Paced, Fun Work Environment
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2015
Great environment, in a great location. Guests are pleasant and make your job a breeze. I would recommend working here if you are a big "people person".
Great place to work if you are a student
Guest Service Associate, Receptionist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, Commission
Cons: Weekend Shifts
I enjoyed working for this company. There was a lot of flexibility. You must be outgoing and/or good at sales to succeed in the company though.
time efficient, great detailed training
Waxing specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free services, discounted product, free product when finished training
Cons: sometimes not enough services per shift, they tend to spread out services rather than filling people up and sending others home.
I learned how to wax very quickly, time efficient, with little to no pain.

Great trainings.

Co-workers all got along for the most part.

Management was decent.

Hardest part of the job is the physical labor, standing 6 hour shifts and longer if working double.

Most enjoyable-free wax services anytime you want.
Stepping stone job
Esthetician (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Good Training
Cons: Management, pay, benefits, coworkers
The only thing that I would praise this place on is the training and experience you get from working here. They pay minimum wage and 5% of each service which is nothing compared to most places that are 20-40% commission. Don't waste too much time working here! Just get enough experience and leave!
My year with European Wax Center
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), Alameda,CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free waxing while at work and good product discount
Cons: working out a lot of the kinks in policy, not enough time for and between services.
European Wax Center is a good place to enter into the beauty industry. I learned full body speed waxing using their exclusive hard wax. The days are busy and you must be able to work fast and stay cool under pressure. I've had the pleasure to work under one of the best managers. I felt supported and encouraged for most of my time with the company and I wouldn't trade my time there for the world. My co-workers have been like family and they have always been there for me. We care about each others progress and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is the timing. The company is attempting to meet higher demands while they grow in popularity. You can walk into work and be booked back to back all day and most times work through breaks. I would say that my favorite part of working for the company is the people. My guest have become like friends. They confide in me and are happy to see me. I love the feeling when they get so excited about their brows that they forget that we still need to apply post wax cooling. Like I said before its a good place to start in the beauty industry. The turn over is very high and girls move on everyday there. Just go in knowing that you can see the entire work place go from one group of people to another very quickly.
Clean fun place to work for beginning Estheticians and Cosmetologists!
Wax Specialist (White Level) (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Cash tips at the end of most shifts
Cons: Only 5% commission, no guidelines for tips so somtimes you get $1.
Very clean, you learn great habits and skills. The clients are brought to you, and you must maintain a good rapport in order to keep repeat business. Offering or recommending products is a must, and daily retail goals are set pe shift.
Fast paced and organized
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, MOJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Lower priced services and products
Cons: No lunch break
I enjoyed working at European Wax Center because it was a fast paced, clean, and organized environment with all different types of people. It kept me busy.
Fast pace and active work environment
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Westwood, NJJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Quick pace and get to interact with many different people in a day
Cons: Cap-off with room to grow as a waxer
Average work day was typically booked with a few walk-ins to fill up the empty time slots.
I averaged 6 (min) 8 (average) or 12 (max.) hour work days. these house reflect breaks given as well.
Made friends there that influenced my life in great ways.
I learned a lot from management.
Hardest part of the job was saying good bye to my guests/associates.
cares very little about their employees
Lead Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), las colinasJuly 6, 2015
worked at the one in las colinas. they ask a lot of you yet give you so little, especially waxers. low pay, no overtime, no lunch break for guest service, very strict rules, and no benefits.
Fun enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free waxing
Cons: no benifits, no break room
A typical at work was to answer phones , fix the register books, and also get waxed. Co workers were nice and friendly and the job was just a great enviroment to work at.
Fun work enviroment, Friendly customers, onsite training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good managment, friendly coworkers, onsite training, commission, no hard sales
Cons: understaffed therefore overworked, no benifits, hard time getting raises, unreasonable corporate polocies
You sit upfront and help the guest flow. You get to educate guests on what will truly benefit them. You get commission on sales. Great management sets you up with onsite training and education. Fun work environment and friendly staff. Hardships in the job was being understaffed, therefore overworked. Not much quality of life. They offer quarterly raises in your first year bur not much after. I enjoyed building relationship with guests and helping them find what they need. Made lasting friendships with co-workers.
Dysfunctional
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2015
The new management was not the best. We had to sell "wax passes" to people which was not bad, however they wanted us to push them on guests who already had them.
Productive growing team environment
Operations / Location Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Team
Cons: No Benefits, Poor Pay, Management / Owner
A typical day at work included all aspects of running the owners business, from hiring / terminating, training, running the front desk, managing the employees, handling guest and employee concerns, payroll, inventory, ordering / stocking, marketing & advertising.

I learned how to really fine tune my time management skills.

My manager was an okay leader who allowed me to become a great leader.

My co-workers were amazing, the life blood of our team culture that I created and enforced. They were the best part of my day at work.

The hardest part of my day were meeting the never exhausting demands of the owner. I was working 80-100 hours a week and it wasn't enough.

As for enjoyable part, again, it was the employees. My team was hand picked by me and was a truly amazing group of girls that helped to fulfill the policies and procedures and grow a very successful business.
Great oppertunity to make money and build clientele
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), San AntonioJune 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people every day. On a typical day, during a 7 hour shift I would see 15-20 people, some new clients that had never been waxed before, some clients I have seen for years. Each day brought new surprises as well as new opportunities to learn.
Gratifying opportunity and good experience
MANAGER (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: Poor benefits
I got to manage a great team and hold weekly meetings to identify where associates were with services, package and product sales, and locations revenue. Not only did I get to coach them, but I learned from them daily. Overall, it was a great experience for me to be head of their team and lead our center with success and exceptional services.
Fast pace work place.
Reservation Center Manager (Current Employee), n/aJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great Co workers
Cons: No health care or benefits
A day begins with transferring calls over to the call center from five locations working with different software such as bright house my services , century link. Then we start confirmation calls about 200 - 400 per day, I work on any guest issues and work with corporate to solve any IT issues with our systems. Myself and my co workers spilt all the calls and task evenly to make sure everyone is doing there share. The hardest part of my job Is not getting the help I need with certain guest Issues I am unable to process refunds from the reservation center so I have to send them over to the location manager which most the time takes there time and causes guest to get upset because It Is taking weeks to get a refund when they are told 3-5 business days. The most enjoyable part of this job Is my co workers we are a close nit family always working together to make things flow smooth.
Fn workplace
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Newton, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Discounts on waxing and products
Cons: No lunch breaks, too competitive, management isn't fair
Job was to competitive management was not great at all. My co-workers were awesome besides management. Can be really boring when its not busy.
Great hours and Discount
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Comission
Cons: Drama
You clock in, answer phones and schedule deliveries. Greet customer and explain wax packages. Weekly meeting with General Manager, District Manager and Waxers
Prodcutive work environment
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at EWC East Bay. The type of work was enjoyable because it was demanding and caused me to be a great multitasker.
Great co-workers but lacks management
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), n/aJune 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch on team meetings, great friends
Cons: short breaks, over-work
Very slack job but management is rather questionable. They just care about making money but don't give any benefits to employees. Co-workers are great even though you do get your occasional know it alls. You do get to do whatever it is you want, and they hire whoever is interested in the job. Manager in this location doesn't have a clue what she is doing, and everything gets ran through corporate.

1 2 3 4 5