European Wax Center Employee Reviews in United States

Im warning you****
Wax specialist (Former Employee) –  WoodmereJanuary 8, 2016
I worked at EWC of Woodmere for about 5 months. In that amount of time about 30 employees had came and left, either fired or quit. This wax center has an EXTREMELY high turn over rate and there is a reason for that. If you make even the slightest mistake (lower product sales compared to a previous month is usually the culprit) they take days off of your usual schedule. There is not much consistency at all for guests because new people start daily. If you are just looking for a quick buck go work for this center, but if you're looking for an actual career where the company makes you feel valued, EWC is NOT the place
Pros
Cons
cheap hourly rate, no benefits, irrational franchise owners
Low pay/ poor management/owners lacking
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHNovember 24, 2015
Pay is very low- no raises offered and no room for advancement. Part time hours only. Management is extremely lacking. Advantages are a flex schedule.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
No raises, no opportunities for advancement
Enjoyed my work, location was slow paced and management unprofessional
Waxing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano @ Spring Creek Pkwy- Plano, TxDecember 4, 2015
Enjoyed my work at EWC, however the location had very slow periods and unprofessional management. I had many days where I did not have one client on my books and I felt the location was overstaffed most of the time. I chose to leave to attend the laser certification to further my career.
Pros
Loved what I was doing
Cons
Unprofessional management, slow location
Absolutely hated this place!!
wax specialist (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 3, 2015
Owner was crazy. I never had anytime off. No respect from management and they did not care if you needed personal time off (i.e. going to a funeral.) I was over worked, never got any raises even though they claimed they gave you opportunities every 3 months. Nothing mattered except sales to them. You would get punished if you did not sale enough and if you refused a service because of poor time management on the client. (i.e they show up late and expect you wax their whole body when you've you got another client waiting and they showed up on time.)
Pros
free waxing for yourself
Cons
everything
Fun work enviroment, Friendly customers, onsite training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 2, 2015
You sit upfront and help the guest flow. You get to educate guests on what will truly benefit them. You get commission on sales. Great management sets you up with onsite training and education. Fun work environment and friendly staff. Hardships in the job was being understaffed, therefore overworked. Not much quality of life. They offer quarterly raises in your first year bur not much after. I enjoyed building relationship with guests and helping them find what they need. Made lasting friendships with co-workers.
Pros
good managment, friendly coworkers, onsite training, commission, no hard sales
Cons
understaffed therefore overworked, no benifits, hard time getting raises, unreasonable corporate polocies
Productive growing team environment
Operations / Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 23, 2015
A typical day at work included all aspects of running the owners business, from hiring / terminating, training, running the front desk, managing the employees, handling guest and employee concerns, payroll, inventory, ordering / stocking, marketing & advertising.

I learned how to really fine tune my time management skills.

My manager was an okay leader who allowed me to become a great leader.

My co-workers were amazing, the life blood of our team culture that I created and enforced. They were the best part of my day at work.

The hardest part of my day were meeting the never exhausting demands of the owner. I was working 80-100 hours a week and it wasn't enough.

As for enjoyable part, again, it was the employees. My team was hand picked by me and was a truly amazing group of girls that helped to fulfill the policies and procedures and grow a very successful business.
Pros
Team
Cons
No Benefits, Poor Pay, Management / Owner
Fun for Gilry Girls
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 28, 2016
Management was awful and would always threaten to fire you if you didn't sale memberships. As a GSA you were responsible for checking in clients, membership sales, and collection of money. It was a good time being around other girls, but being in the beauty industry they always expected you to look perfect. The pay was entry level and the commission was hard to come by. I loved the wax they use there though its the best i've ever used!
Pros
free waxing
Cons
pay/healthcare/management
Very good company to work for with a great environment
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 21, 2015
Working here was very fun, I learned a lot as a cosmetologist/esthetician from there very extensive training. I enjoyed teaching my guests about their skin and the products we offer. The company itself its very great because they help you throughout your career and help you push further up if wanted. I loved helping people feel good about themselves, even if waxing isn't the most enjoyable service.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, team events, good pay
Cons
no benefits
Great workplace for those who are love beauty
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 26, 2015
The environment is very aesthetic based so if you're an esthetican or make up artist this place is for you. Benefits are offered, but very few opportunities for pay advancement or advancement in general. Great job for those just starting out, but not optimal to make a career out of GSA position or wax specialist.
Pros
discounted/free waxing, flexible schedule
Cons
minimal breaks, movement, or excitement
Fun atmosphere
Marketing Coordinator/Lead Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2015
fun atmosphere, supportive mamangement. They are all about numbers and productivity. The company is very organized. the only thing is there aren't any benefits( healthcare etc... Also the consistency of pay. Overall franchisee are nice, management and coworkers are awesome
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
No Benefits, No Consistency
Not a good experience...
Designated Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2016
I was the Designated Manager for several months for a brand new EWC in Louisville, KY. I wish I had never taken this job. The owners knew nothing about the company or how to run a business at all. Aside from poor ownership, the company has way too many rules, policies, and procedures. It is a very strict environment and I always felt like I was walking on eggshells and being micromanaged because of how strict everything is. Corporate employees are very rude and offer no help at all. As a manager, I received NO training whatsoever and was "thrown to the wolves" to figure out things on my own. Perhaps with decent ownership and more help/advice from Corporate, this could potentially be an okay place to work, but I had a bad experience. There is a very high turnover rate with employees nationwide with the company, and now I see why!
Pros
Since I was the manager, I received a salaried income
Cons
Strict rules, policies, and procedures; poor ownership
Stepping stone job
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJuly 23, 2015
The only thing that I would praise this place on is the training and experience you get from working here. They pay minimum wage and 5% of each service which is nothing compared to most places that are 20-40% commission. Don't waste too much time working here! Just get enough experience and leave!
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, coworkers
Fun great environment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXDecember 28, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of greeting and communicating with guest and educating them on waxing. The management was good and the coworkers were friendly and there was no drama. The hardest part of the job was dealing with mad guests and the most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
Pros
free waxing
Cons
no breaks, no lunch break
Organized, "cut n dry", high earning potential
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 25, 2015
This company is very cut n dry. you will be told and know exactly what to do and the best way to achieve success. Very detailed on every aspect as well. I learned great sales skills from the education and direction that was given. Our management was very active with the store, 100% and that all gave 110%. they are actually the most hardworking team I've come across! Team meetings every week let everyone be in tuned with the store, corporate, and employee goals. The hardest part of the job well, it wasn't that hard because we had all the tools to succeed. I would say that's the best part.
Pros
potential to earn a a lot, team meeting lunch weekly, regional sales competitions, goals, and our guests
Cons
no set schedule, no ot, management changing
Enjoyable work place
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYNovember 30, 2015
Enjoyable work place with supportive and kind management. Expected to provide guests with top of the line customer service, sell packages, and manage the over flow of the center. The everyday tasks include opening and closing the center, managing money, attending to guests and more. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, and being able to provide our guests with an excellent experience.
Rewarding place to work
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2015
If you are hard working and friendly you will succeed!
EWC is a franchise. Management will vary. Although, corporate culture outstanding!
Fun, friendly and fast paced environment. Hard working and compassionate staff. Making sure all clients needs were satisfied
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 19, 2015
Fabulous and fun work environment with opportunities for growth. Loved everything about the company and what it stands for. Enjoyed making clients feel good and happy was rewarding. Friendly and compassionate management with very hard working and helpful staff.
Great place to amp customer service skills
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 25, 2015
Fun and well paced work place. Sales involved and also determines raises! Goals every month with promotions that help!
Pros
Half off wax!
Cons
Late hours
Fun work place, very flexible with school/life scheduling
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 24, 2015
Fun environment, laid back. Days typically include scheduling reservations, answering questions about services, products, and packages. I learned a lot about the various services provided with this company and got to experience them my self. There is a pretty high turnover rate for both employee's and management since most are college students. This position for most is difficult because there are goals that have to be meet( selling products and packages) or your position within the company was on the line. The most enjoyable was the leniency with school. Most of us were students so they allowed for working around schedules and homework.
Pros
Flexability with schedules/ free waxing
Cons
Pay stinks
Horrible management/owners
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
This company has to be the worst company ever. No matter how hard you work or how much effort you put in it never matters. Depending on the owners the pay is low and commission is terrible and upper management is a joke! Nobody listens to you or your questions. There are no benefits, no 401k ,no pto nothing!
Pros
Free waxing