European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Unstable management and no room for growth
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2017
working for ewc was bitter sweet. i would have stayed if there was a less messy and more professional work environment. i learned a lot about waxing and skin care. the guests were amazing. i met and networked with great people, but there was always drama within the company and there were multiple times my check was shorted. i will say that the brand itself is stellar, but these franchise owners and who they have working for them are not exhibiting a good name for this brand. and did i say over worked and under paid? cause yea.
Pros
learn A LOT of helpful information
Cons
unstable management, inadequate compensation
Great for students
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 25, 2017
Easy job to have especially if you are a student who might need to study a quick chapter when it’s slow. Customers can be difficult at times. Only get 3% of commission on packages sold.
Money Maker
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 25, 2017
You can make awesome money at this job but you have to be willing to give up a lot. No benefits, moving up in the company is a dream that wont happen. Paid time off doesn't roll-over. There is no break room nor microwave.
Pros
pay
Cons
no benafits or break room
poor management
GSA (Former Employee) –  Sea Girt, NJMay 22, 2017
After reading a lot of these other reviews I can verify that there is big differences between EWC locations. I was a GSA or front desk person for a NJ location and the employee turnover was way too high and too quick. Waxers were constantly stressed about steady income, trying to support families, while management wouldn't update the schedule or made hours confusing. Waxers and employees were also fired, in my opinion, too easily, therefore making it even more stressful to work in a very high stress fast paced environment. They welcome you on calling themselves a "family" for you to find out it's only competitive and people up front 'stealing' each other's package sales/ commission opportunities. This created drama and tension among associates rather than a driven attitude unfortunately. The owner of this individual franchise also didn't seem to be particularly on top of his business and maybe why the management is so poor. I was hired with 4 other new girls in April and all but one have quit and it's only halfway through May... I felt driven when I first got this job and wanted to push myself but seems it was just constant anxiety and not worth it. They also told me there was certainly room for advancement which might've been because they read all these reviews lol.
Pros
Clean, starting pay above minimum, potential for good commission
Cons
Gossip, poor management, high employee turnover
Loved my co-workers
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 21, 2017
I have really enjoyed working at European Wax Center, the only reason I am leaving is to get into another career field where I dont have to stand all day. The company is great, pay is pretty good, just missing benefits.
It Was an okay Job not stable enough
Waxing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2017
it was an okay job just not stable enough for me. but the hours and flexible schedule is a plus. tips were great depending on customer and what front desk associate was there.
Workplace was cool
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
Specific workplace where I was employed lacked stability and needs more improvement, but I learned what not to and what to do at the next company. Everyday could've been better than the last, but I truly worked hard day in and day out. I felt like I wasn't appreciated enough.
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
No breaks.
Drama and no room for growth in company
General Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 18, 2017
Supervisors and other GSA/front desk girls engaged in drama, back-talking one another, and did not support one another successes. Supervisor was NOT able to keep her word regarding advancement opportunities or higher pay rate based on performance. No matter how much you sell or how hard you work, you still only make 2% commission on sales which does not show much appreciation or concern for the workers of your company (I think we can all agree on that.)

Only good thing was the relationships I had with the waxers (who became great girlfriends)
Pros
Relationships with clients, learned clerical skills, talented and friendly wax associates
Cons
Supervisor lack of compensating for appropriate experience and performance, dead-end job, no room for advancement, cheap owner.
Fun Place To Work
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working for the company but we needed better management support. Our manager was new to the business and wanted to make friends more then keeping order in the company.
Franchisee
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 16, 2017
I believe that EWC would have a better experience for it's employees if they had more restrictions on franchisee's. There is a drastic difference between one franchisee to another.
Great Employees, horrible management
Lead Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2017
European Wax center is a great job to have in college but management never really does what is in the employee's best interest but instead focuses on how to make the most money for themselves. Great camaraderie amongst employees, but mostly because management does an awful job.
review of ewc
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  any locationMay 14, 2017
the work is stressful not hard. pay is average at best. we dont make minimum wage. even more insulting, no paid days off. no sick days. no 401k. no health benefits. I am just an employee. i could be anyone. there is no appreciation for employees and the work we do. it is upsetting because i genuinely enjoy my job. i wish there was room to advancement.
Pros
i like my job, I love who I work with, and I love my guests
Cons
no benefits of any kind, low pay, competitive
love customers and coworkers
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 11, 2017
great environment except for manger. had numerous problems with her as did other employees which forced us all to leave in search of a happier job. Miss the customers and coworkers very much!
Team Work and great energy
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 11, 2017
I loved working with this company. Management was great and very understanding. I learned so much while working here. I also liked the fact there was so many ways to make money, commission, hourly, tips.
i love waxing, however...
Wax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 9, 2017
i was so excited about starting my job at EWC right out of school. training was AWESOME and the team opening our new location was amazing. however, our manager was an absolute maniac and drove 3/4 of them away. the girl who took over was not any better. made some huge mistakes when hiring new people and had no idea how to speak to an employee or even solve problems. could not think outside of the box for the LIFE OF HER. quickly became a VERY dramatic and stressful work environment. it was really unfortunate, because i loved my guests, the products, and truly love waxing.
Pros
amazing training
Cons
little to no breaks or benefits, pay is pretty awful.
Great location
Wax Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denville, NJMay 9, 2017
EWC is a great starter place to work. Speed waxing isn't for everyone, but once you get the hang of it you can make a lot of money because you see a lot of people in a shift. The tips aren't always great despite the recent price hike, but that depends on the guest.
Good start to get the ball rolling
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMay 8, 2017
Overall was a great work place to learn from. Made some lifelong friends. Owner was not the best and neither was management. Location I worked at was in a bad spot, a lot of other locations too close together. Our center did not make a lot of money which made it hard to get bonuses or a yearly raise. Not only worked the front on the computers, answering phones, and interacting with every guest... but was also responsible for cleanliness of the over all center (did not have hired cleaners)
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough pay for the work
Great business owners and pay
Assistant Manager/Lead Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 6, 2017
Basic day at work included checking guest in and out. During checkout we are required to educate clients about services, products , and packages we offer. It is also key to stay above monthly goals
Pros
Great Pay, Amazing franchise owners, Friendly Co-Wokers
Cons
Poor oversight, High turn over rate
Horrible place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMay 6, 2017
Management is terrible and unorganized. Co workers are snobby and snooty . They talk about customers and degrade them. This is a very judgmental group of people I advise you stay away from this place .
Sales Associate/Front (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 5, 2017
I learned a lot in such a short amount of time. This job helped me break out of my shell. There was always something to do, whether it was scheduling, making calls, sales, dealing with customers, or organizing products.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at European Wax Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6