European Wax Center

European Wax Center Employer Reviews

European Waxcenter
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Love the people I work with and the guests that I meet. It;s a great environment and management really works to help their employees in any way possible.
Productive and fun environment.
Wax Associate (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: becoming a wax expert, tips, and the team.
Cons: benifits
European Wax Center is a franchise so productivity in the work place is depends greatly on the owners willingness to market and advertise as well as the Wax Specialist carrying out their duties . My job as a wax specialist is to keep the guests coming back, education guests on proper skin care, and introducing guests to new wax services. We have a great team who is constantly helping each other. We all have the same concept of what needs to be done in order to make the most profit.
We do work outings and hold contests in-store.
It was a fun experiance
General sales assoicate (Former Employee), florham park, New jerseyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very flexable scheduling
I would open the store turn off the alarm and turn the tv and music on in the front. I also had to make sure that the merchandise was stocked and that the front end is clean. Once everything is set I would count the register and see if anyone left a voicemail then check clients in and out of the store. At the end of the day I would clean up and close the registers and the store. Overall it was a fun experience.
No room for advancement with strict working conditions
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Management and owners expects much more out of every employee than they are willing to give. They rave about all the room for advancement within the company throughout the interview process; however, this is not the case. Many employees have worked there for extended periods of time and not received raises let alone any movement in the company.
Awesome company/high turn over rate.
ESTHETICIAN (Current Employee), floridaFebruary 4, 2015
Love working for the company but it has a very high turn over rate and a hostile work environment. You have the opportunity for growth in the company but that's only if you work for corporate which is basically only all of south Florida locations. Every other location is franchised with no real opportunities to move up.
fun, fast paced flexible
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), brooklineJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free body waxing
Cons: sometimes it can be slow
Great place to work if you have recently graduated
flexible hours
clients always available
free waxing
room for advancement
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of making and taking calls and providing the best customer service possible. I am already a patient person but I have learned better and more efficient ways to give great service to our guests. Although all work is done, the relationship with my co-workers is great. There is great communication and a very friendly environment.
Reservation center associate
Reservation Center Associate (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discounts on services
Cons: no benefits
The Company in a whole is an excellent company especially if you love to get waxed and you truly believe in there products. On a regular and on a daily I answer phones dealing with customer questions in regards to what makes the waxing different from any other waxing out there. I handle the scheduling, re-scheduling guest reservation and handle all customer service complaints.
Good experience
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was usually busy answering and making phone calls, setting up or cancelling reservations. I learned to build up my confidence.
Management was ok for the most part,got cheated out of a job due to management lying and it cost me my job that I loved so much.
My coworkers were the best and made work excellent!!

Hardest part was trying to just make sure everything was done the way they wanted it to be.

Most enjoyable part was that I enjoyed going to work everyday and I made the guests feel comfortable and I also loved my coworkers as a whole.
Great environment
Wax Associate (Former Employee), Sea Girt, NJJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day of work included taking scheduled clients, as well as walk in ones. Keeping the place clean and neat, especially the wax suites. I learned what its like to work in a beauty field and with so many other girls. The management was questionable at times but mostly it ran smoothly. The co-workers all had great personalities and were fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is the training in the beginning. Once you learn all the techniques its smooth sailing from there. Overall I liked the experience but it wasn't an ideal long term job.
Fun place to work! great benefits in the right locations
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Humble, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: tips, commsions
Management couldve been better. Overall a great place to work
European Wax Center's Opportunities
Center Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: culture, consistency, engaging, active, fun!
Cons: advancement from management position
European Wax Center has been and is still very good to me. The company has provided an avenue and the resources to equip me in my management tasks to face. Both on a managerial and team wide forum European Wax Center allows it's managers to grow, learn and succeed.
n/a
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Check guest in/out. Book guest reservations. Handle all guest related issues. Represent the company in a professional manner. Upkeep front lobby. Plan and organize bi-weekly meetings. Balance register at beginning and ending of shift. Sale “Wax Passes” and products. Submit daily forms to managers/franchisees/corporate.
great work environment
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJanuary 5, 2015
great employees and efficient GSA's. very caring and very good with customers and clients.
Creative Goal Setting
Operations Manager / Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
Meeting and exceeding goals through creative solutions. intricate coaching plans designed by myself to help make every team member successful.
Great starter job!!
Lead wax associate (Former Employee), Estero,FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: no breaks, short term employment
European Wax Center is a great place to build a clientele for a new esthetician. Unfortunately the owners don't like to keep employees long term. They allow you to build a clientele then let you go so they can keep the customers and filter through employees. I have seen this happen at multiple locations in FL.
Easy place to work
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2014
There was a lot of drama between coworkers and the front desk people. We were a brand new store and started with only 5 waxers, and it was very divided between cliques. Overall I liked working there.
Good place to start out
Waxer (Former Employee), ArizonaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: schedule. you get to learn how to wax quickly.
Cons: management, sales goals, cut throat environement, unethical.
Management is terrible. You will have service and retail sales goals to meet and if you don't you will be written up and eventually fired. Consistency is lacking, front desk can get away with anything if they have high package sales. commission is very low and the more packages that your clients get on, the less money you will make and the smaller your service dollars will be due to discounted waxes. The clients are great and you will learn a lot about customer service. There is limited to no growth within the company once you are an orange level waxer. Shifts are good and you will never work past 8pm. No benefits unless you make a certain amount in service dollars. Very threatening environment and you will feel terrible about yourself if you have a bad month due to how management treats employees.
fun place to work, day goes by fast.
Wax specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: daily tips
Cons: no benefits or holiday pay. no sick time until after 1 year.
Typical day at work goes by very fast if we have a lot of guests we are seeing. I learned how to wax all areas of the body. Our managment can be supportive on certain occasions but its not consistant. Co-workers are great, we all get along and communicate well with eachother. We all help eachother out when needed. Hardest part of the job, would be having to rush through waxing knowing you have someone next. If one person comes in a little late or if they take a little longer once in the wax room by asking more questions or wanting to take breaks between waxing strips it can put you behind on all your next guests. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing our guest is walking out feeling much better about themselves then they did when they walked in.
Wonderful place to get experience!
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Plano, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: no health insurance, no promotions.
Learned how to operate Millennium, and mastered it. Learned booking codes and how to book clients and check them in. Management was good, could've been more aggressive. My co-workers are awesome, they are very supportive and hard working. The hardest part of the job was sitting down all day. The hardest part is remembering codes and learning scripts.

1 2 3 4 5