European Wax Center Employee Reviews

Great co-workers but lacks management
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), n/aJune 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch on team meetings, great friends
Cons: short breaks, over-work
Very slack job but management is rather questionable. They just care about making money but don't give any benefits to employees. Co-workers are great even though you do get your occasional know it alls. You do get to do whatever it is you want, and they hire whoever is interested in the job. Manager in this location doesn't have a clue what she is doing, and everything gets ran through corporate.
Easy Job, No Future
Guest Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: Easy
Cons: Management
Mostly sales-driven, easy work, easy sales. Did not interfere with my home/school life. Horrible management. I exceeded every sales goal and even beat state-wide records and was never given a pay raise. That should say enough.
Could've been a great job
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, discounts
Cons: Micromanaging
I enjoyed most of my time here, but then my manager quit and two other managers replaced her. After that, things became tense in the workplace and most people were on edge an unhappy, creating a difficult work environment. Overall, it was a decent job.
Productive & fun work environment
Guest Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2015
Our guests are always great and it's such a wonderful company to work for. I worked with a great team and we were always motivating each other and encouraging one another on how to pitch sales and rebuttals for our's and the company's greater good. As an employee I was very well taken cared of!
positive environment to work in with great co workers
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Rutherford, NJMay 27, 2015
Help guest move reservations
Answer phones
Happy with all the co workers I have had there
The best part of the job was being able to build relationship with guest who come in every 4 to 6 weeks
Fun workplace/Not enough pay
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: Coworkers/Guests
Cons: Pay/Hours
I would open the store in the mornings and prepare the store. I had to count the money to make sure it was were it needed to be. Then I would count inventory before the day started. Do data entry throughout the day. Greet guests with a warming attitude. Answer Incoming calls and book guests for future reservations. Make outgoing calls to confirm reservations. Direct calls appropriately. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I would put a lot of time into the job. I was working 32 hours a week and not getting paid enough. Especially for everything I had to do for the job. It wasn't worth it to me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and my coworkers. Everyone got a long very well and it was enjoyable. The management was amazing. I loved my manager, I wish it would have worked out!
productive work environment
Guest service associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: training and weekly meetings
Cons: part time
a typical day is seeing over 30 people per day, checking in and out guest, counting inventory, making sure register is perfect,close and open store.
Fun and exciting company
Manager (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, flexible scheduling and discounted waxing
European Wax Center is an awesome company to work for. They offer competitive benefits/salary and great perks.

The owners of the Redondo Beach location are always there to help with any questions and truly would do anything for their employees.
fast paced yet relaxed enviroment
WAX SPECIALIST (Current Employee), el cerritoMay 14, 2015
Pros: own room everyday
Cons: not much foot traffic
its a good place to start and learn prompt services and customer service skills. ist is very clean and its nice you have your own room each day
Beware!
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2015
Working with all female's in a beauty field can be very similar to high school! Make sure you fit in with the "popular crowd"!
Direct support
direct support (Current Employee), new york, new yorkMay 7, 2015
A typical work day is going to the individuals home and working on their outcomes. You fill out the necessary paper work. The hardest part of my job would be having to schedule different individuals.
Soso
Sales/Esthetician (Former Employee), Lawrenceville/cliftonMay 6, 2015
I hated waxing-wasn't very good at it. But they give you a base(which many companies in service don't do) and if you are busy you can make ok $ (although its not always consistent). You get paid training, health benefits, and one location was always running sales contests. If you like waxing not a bad place to work and the location you work tips well---not a bad place in comparison to other service jobs.
Fun work place
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), NJMay 6, 2015
Pros: free waxing as an employee
Cons: benefits
Company is enjoyable to work for, taught me different ways to wax, teach responsibility and ho to build clientele. All co workers get along, hardest part of job is building your book, but staff is very helpful in helping you do so . Nice people clean environment, management is good, and well handled
Good Job for High schoolers
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), n/aMay 2, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: no break time, schedule changes, policies that contradict
Typical job day includes checking guests in and out, answering phone calls and light cleaning. I learned a lot about millennium and benefits of waxing. Management is not the greatest when it comes to associates and guests. The co-workers are the best part of the job, they are fun and work together as a team.
Productive and Exciting work environment
Wax Specialist (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
very easy going environment, with dedicated & concerned management. they want you to strive and grow. hardest part of the job would be if little to no guest come in for a wax. most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and network.
Fast paced work environment
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), European Wax center San AntonioMarch 17, 2015
A typical day consists of coming in around 30 minutes early to prepare for the day, send in appropriate forms, see clients within a timely manner, while providing thorough service, answer client questions and concerns, and inform them about products best suited to them.

I've learned to go above and beyond my sales goals, how to maintain a steady clientele, and an invaluable amount of knowledge in regards to products and technique.

The owner is fair and professional. He treats his employees fairly and respectfully.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building a professional relationship with my clientele.
European Waxcenter
Wax Specialist (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Love the people I work with and the guests that I meet. It;s a great environment and management really works to help their employees in any way possible.
Productive and fun environment.
Wax Associate (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: becoming a wax expert, tips, and the team.
Cons: benifits
European Wax Center is a franchise so productivity in the work place is depends greatly on the owners willingness to market and advertise as well as the Wax Specialist carrying out their duties . My job as a wax specialist is to keep the guests coming back, education guests on proper skin care, and introducing guests to new wax services. We have a great team who is constantly helping each other. We all have the same concept of what needs to be done in order to make the most profit.
We do work outings and hold contests in-store.
It was a fun experiance
General sales assoicate (Former Employee), florham park, New jerseyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: very flexable scheduling
I would open the store turn off the alarm and turn the tv and music on in the front. I also had to make sure that the merchandise was stocked and that the front end is clean. Once everything is set I would count the register and see if anyone left a voicemail then check clients in and out of the store. At the end of the day I would clean up and close the registers and the store. Overall it was a fun experience.
No room for advancement with strict working conditions
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Management and owners expects much more out of every employee than they are willing to give. They rave about all the room for advancement within the company throughout the interview process; however, this is not the case. Many employees have worked there for extended periods of time and not received raises let alone any movement in the company.