Evangelical Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice place to work but stressful. Employees seem easily replaced and not valued
RN (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 22, 2017
Nice place to work. Poor compensation for working extra. Some supervisors are poor, but I guess that's anywhere. Just feel easily replaced. Job satisfaction decreasing since changes made recently
Interesting and sometimes stressful place to work
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 15, 2017
Enjoyed this position very much. Work was always changing new systems installed. Hardest part was seeing people in pain. Worked in the ER all the time and it was hard to see people suffering.
Pros
location
Cons
Seeing people in pain
nice hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
Evangelical is a small community based hospital that takes pride in their patient care. Flexible shifts and hours, pay is about average to slightly below average.
Pros
flexible
Cons
lower pay
Politics over skills, every day
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJuly 18, 2017
If you enjoy the race to climb the ladder, and are willing to step on people to get there, this is the company for you.

If you think that experience and merit should be the basis of advancement, stay away.
Pros
Decent medical benefits, separation of duties, some fun personalities to work with
Cons
Management more concerned with your "image" than your actual knowledge and experience
RN Case Manager/UR Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJuly 15, 2017
temporary assignment. Professional and friendly organization. Would work there permanently. Daily communication with team members. Excellent patient care.
Pros
friendliness and helpfulness of all staff
Cons
Good hospital and nice place to work
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 8, 2017
Busy but more relaxed rural hospital and emergency center. Good orthopedic hospital. Nice place to have a baby. Caring staff and competitive pay and benefits.
busy ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 7, 2017
Lots of good experiences, mostly the same population though. Hardest part of job was getting to know the doctor's styles and sometimes getting along with some of the nursing staff.
Pros
experience
Cons
leadership
Er and pacu
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed working the PACU mostly, there was teamwork with every patient who came through there. The ER was good for work experience, very stressful though.
Pros
work experience
Cons
lack of true teamwork
bad
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 30, 2017
bad management, long days, never enough help, dirty, low pay, mean staff, unwelcoming, terrible culture, non helpful staff members, terrible work ethic, overallbad hospital
Friendly Atmosphere, Caring Administration
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 26, 2017
I really enjoy working at Evangelical Community Hospital. They people I work with are helpful and respectful. The benefits are some of the best in the area. I feel like I'm involved with the hospital, and it's more than just a job.
Pros
Birthday Lunches, Employee Acknowledgement
Cons
Inter-Department communications need improved upon
Professional
MRI Flex Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 8, 2016
Evangelcial is a wonderful place to work. Treated with respect. Employees and administration feel happy and glad to be working there.
Cons
Healthcare
Er
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 26, 2016
I enjoyed learning about emergent care and provided care for all ages with all sorts of ailments from medical to trauma. The hardest part of the job was scheduling.
Evangelical is a great community hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 18, 2016
My time at Evangelical has been great. I've learned a lot and have met many wonderful people.
Nursing can be a stressful career, but the people I work with are willing to help and provide a safe environment for their patients.
Good place to work.
Medical Assistant, Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PA 17837July 26, 2016
I enjoyed my position very much. I miss the people I worked with, and I would recommend Evan as a place to work.

having been a patient at this facility, I highly recommend it.
Pros
Small home town facility.
Cons
Expensive healthcare.
An excellent team of employees with decent benefits and competitive wages.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 11, 2016
I worked in an outpatient physical therapy clinic for Evangelical community Hospital for over 2 years and it was an excellent place to work. My co-workers and the entire rehab team at Evan are really what made the job so great. I saw a wide variety of patients and worked in other disciplines besides outpatient. The benefits the hospital offers are all relatively good and the salary is competitive. My only real complaint is that it can be difficult to take time off even if PTO is acquired. This is a result of being under staffed with per diem employees and having trouble finding coverage. The upper management at Evan is very good however and does their best to accommodate everyone’s vacation requests.
one of the best places to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 18, 2016
A typical work day is busy but not hectic I learned a lot about drawing labs on patients and about electronic records and prior authorization as well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the computer and everything was enjoyable about the job,.
Pros
lunches with drug representatives and employees
Cons
irritated Dr.'s
Friendly envoirment
Cashier (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 5, 2015
I worked almost all the time and the people knew my name by heart. I had a lot of friends recognize me and they always knw me and the nice girl. The "managers" were very nice. I communication with everyone well. I could make deliveries for people to the friends or family who are in the hospital. I loved the personal level at my job.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner, super friendly
Cons
They always put me on the spot for weird stuff. They blamed me for everything
great place to work
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 18, 2015
Enjoyed working for Evanglical Hospital, wonderful place of employment. It offered a great oppertunities to work with others , and help the communtiy in there time of need. Was able to make wonderful freinds .
Pros
great hours and enviorment
Cons
nothing
A close knit community hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  lewisburg paJuly 15, 2015
Evangelical Community Hospital is a rather friendly place for both employees. In my experience, we provide top notch care for the people of Lewisburg and surrounding areas.
Good professional small community hospital.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  ICU, Operating Room and Recovery RoomMarch 16, 2015
I worked ICU for about a year then worked in the OR and PACU for over 25 years. Working in the OR and PACU you had to learn to work with all types of people , personalities and cultures. Worked some days in stressful situations and learned a lot of problem solving skills. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the people you work with but always had a positive outlook. But no matter what I still continue to enjoy working with staff and especially patients and their families. It was great learning new things on the job and a hospital that was very progressive for not being a large facility. I feel that it has made me a well rounded nurse.
Pros
Working with good professional staff.
Cons
Taking call and being call back in the middle of the night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evangelical Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Evangelical Community Hospital Reviews by Location