Evangelical Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

one of the best places to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 18, 2016
A typical work day is busy but not hectic I learned a lot about drawing labs on patients and about electronic records and prior authorization as well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to use the computer and everything was enjoyable about the job,.
Pros
lunches with drug representatives and employees
Cons
irritated Dr.'s
Good professional small community hospital.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  ICU, Operating Room and Recovery RoomMarch 16, 2015
I worked ICU for about a year then worked in the OR and PACU for over 25 years. Working in the OR and PACU you had to learn to work with all types of people , personalities and cultures. Worked some days in stressful situations and learned a lot of problem solving skills. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the people you work with but always had a positive outlook. But no matter what I still continue to enjoy working with staff and especially patients and their families. It was great learning new things on the job and a hospital that was very progressive for not being a large facility. I feel that it has made me a well rounded nurse.
Pros
working with good professional staff.
Cons
taking call and being call back in the middle of the night.
Friendly envoirment
Cashier (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 5, 2015
I worked almost all the time and the people knew my name by heart. I had a lot of friends recognize me and they always knw me and the nice girl. The "managers" were very nice. I communication with everyone well. I could make deliveries for people to the friends or family who are in the hospital. I loved the personal level at my job.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner, super friendly
Cons
They always put me on the spot for weird stuff. They blamed me for everything
Talks the talk, doesn't walk the walk
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg (Pre-hospital Services)November 24, 2012
Pay and benefits are decent. They talked a good line with references to a close-knit, almost family-like atmosphere. They have "Pride" training to enhance the teamwork concept. In actuality, a very catty organization with 'clicks.' Good for your if you're in the click, not so good if you're not part of it. Management seems to promote that atmosphere. High turnover of employees. Different standards apply to different people at different times. Only thing consistent is nothing is consistent. My best experience there was the day I quit.
Pros
pay, benefits, schedule.
Cons
management.
very good benefits however, there is no room to advance in my department
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 25, 2013
I have worked here for a very long time and I have seen first hand how this company has went from a great place to work to a mediocre place to work. It has been a struggle to keep employees so we are almost always short staffed. There are yearly performance raises however the most you may receive is 3% and even the best employees are not able to achieve it. The most enjoyable aspect of this position is the patients.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
short staffing, raises, no room for advancement
great place to work
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAAugust 18, 2015
Enjoyed working for Evanglical Hospital, wonderful place of employment. It offered a great oppertunities to work with others , and help the communtiy in there time of need. Was able to make wonderful freinds .
Pros
great hours and enviorment
Cons
nothing
challenging but rewarding
Communications (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 22, 2013
As a progressive community hospital that has remained strong when other community hospitals have struggled, Evangelical is a challenging place to work. For an employee who really wants to work hard and be appreciated for the effort - this is the place to work. Employees who just want to get by or barely meet acceptable work ethics - this might not be the place to work.

The co-workers are friendly and the Hospital as a whole is welcoming to patients. There is an expectation of all employees, even those in non-clinical positions to make patients and visitors have the best possible experience.

The management and executive offices make a point to visit departments and ask for input about what is working and what is not working. Since working here for a year, I have received numerous emails of appreciation from higher levels thanking me for my efforts and at least two cards sent to my home as a thank you. This type of recognition is something I haven't experienced at other institutions and are a great way to keep me motivated to do my work.

The benefits are good, the pay scale is good, and the fairness of the scale is exceptional. If the hospital does well we share in the results through bonuses. The HR staff goes above and beyond to hold employee appreciation events.

This is a great place to work.
Pros
managment is flexible about "personal life" needs, pay is good, benefits are good, employees are appreciated.
Cons
healthcare is constantly changing and regulations force changes for the workforce, if you are not flexible or a hard worker, healthcare might not be for you
A close knit community hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  lewisburg paJuly 15, 2015
Evangelical Community Hospital is a rather friendly place for both employees. In my experience, we provide top notch care for the people of Lewisburg and surrounding areas.
I like to work in a facility where accomplishments are met with praise
Administrative Director Radiology (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 18, 2013
I direct and manage a staff of over 75 employees, and a full range if diagnostic medical imaging services.
I'm responsible for capital, expense, statistical and revenue budget preparation and results.
I've learned over the years that you are only as successful as the team you surround yourself with.
My peers and and staff that report to me respect me and my challenges.
The hardest part of the job, as is in any like situation is letting someone go for rule non-compliance.
At the end of the day, success is measured in being able to help someone in need.
Pros
consistent attention to staff retention and providing great services
Cons
financial stability prevents moving forward with major growth programs
Nice place to work
Accounting/Cash Application Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 5, 2014
very fast paced position friendly and very patient oriented management is good.
Pros
very personable
Cons
cost of health insurance
change happens
Unit Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant PACU (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PA17837August 2, 2013
Evan is a great place to work, it is undergoing some changes right now that will make it a really great place to be. No matter where you are or what you do you will always have "bumps in the road". It is part of life. I get to help take care of people and get them ready for surgery. I have a unique job. My days always vary and they are usually always busy.
Pros
meet intresting people, learn different things, work with awesome doctors
Cons
iradic schedules
Knowledgeable and Compassionate Staff
High School Nursing Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 15, 2014
Worked in five departments to assist staff and patients. Participated in training seminars and courses. Knowledgeable and compassionate staff in a modern workplace environment make Evangelical Community Hospital an excellent workplace environment.
Good job/good pay
Biller (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PASeptember 15, 2014
A good job with good pay, interesting working with people and insurance companies.
Not much to say
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 17, 2012
Not the best place to work. I think it was my worst job. Not much to say
Pros
met a lot of nice people as far as patients
Cons
boss could have been a little more friendly
Nice community hospital.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 9, 2013
Friendly, caring staff. Clean facility. Staff and volunteers really care about the patients and their families. Volunteers are wonderful.
Pros
friendly staff.
nursing
MA/ LPN (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 4, 2013
Great work enviroment, friendly staff, flexable scheduling
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJuly 27, 2012
Giving baths, answering call bells, setting patients up for meals. etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evangelical Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3