Evangelical Homes Employee Reviews

could be so much better
CNA (Current Employee) –  SalineJanuary 14, 2015
This is a very good facility, however the pay rate and benefits are not competitive at all.
This is a place that depending on WHO you are will determine a lot. Some call in 2x a week every week, others get fired for 1/2 as many call in, really ridiculous.
Pros
Many, wonderful co workers who truly care about the residents.
Cons
Management, there is so many, you don't even know who your supervisor is....and they really don't care about employees.
Intership
Health Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 14, 2016
I worked at this company as an intern for Davenport University. my major was Health Information Technology. The company was not up to date with the health field.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no computer filing system
Pretty decent place
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Enjoyed my time working here. One of the best skilled nursing and rehab facilities I have ever worked at. For the most part, everyone worked together. Residents and patients are great. When staffed, there was a low nurse to patient ratio. Staff cared about residents and facility was clean. Also have a cafe that employees may eat at.
Pros
Teamwork, better cna's than most facilities, low nurse to patient ratio
Cons
Benefits not all that great
Various care levels allows you to use your skills
Licensed Practical Nurse /Unit Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIMay 8, 2015
Work involves caring for patients on a daily basis, doing assessments, giving medications, helping with ADL's. I have also worked in management and was in charge of the employees, contacting doctors, and dealing with family members.
neglect awaits your loved one
Cena (Former Employee) –  salineJanuary 3, 2015
A deep hole of bullying and mobbing which management does little about. The care is sub standard they treat residents like they are kenneling animals . A few good aides there but soon will be bullied out by emotionally unfit employees.
Pros
I gave above standard care and love to my residents
Cons
can not keep staff due to a handful of bullies
very productive and easy going work enviroment
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Saline, MISeptember 14, 2015
Got along with everyone I worked with everyone was very nice and helpful if I had any questions . They treat there employees fairly good they have a really big turn over and cant seem to keep employees.
Pros
friendly cowworkers
Cons
very big turn over
great place to work
nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  saline miOctober 16, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my day is helping and taking care of my residents. I help them get up in the morning, get them to breakfast and assist them with their adls. I also help my nurse with anything he or she may need help with. I have amazing co-workers who I learn from everyday. The hardest part of my job is that I feel like I could always do more and not being able to. Trying to be in ten places at once, which is hard. Luckily we work as a team and I always have help if I need it.
Pros
good co workers, work around family schedule
Cons
short staffed some days and greater chance to get sick
work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  salineAugust 30, 2015
It was a job, can't say I loved or hated it.. Apply and see for yourself, best advise I could give anyone ,but as you see I quit.
Clean place to work
home health care aide (Former Employee) –  Saline, MichiganJanuary 5, 2015
Much time wasted between shifts. Co-workers are okay but can slack off sometimes. The hardest part of the job is the waiting between shifts and sometimes the distance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pleasure of servicing your clients and making a difference in their day. They truly depend on you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lack of concern for employees, its all about the money, poor communication
Typical work conditions
Ancillary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 11, 2014
EVH had its good and its bad. The facility was clean. The staff has a few good and a few bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evangelical Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7