Evans Distribution Systems Employee Reviews

Placement with growing company
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIFebruary 16, 2018
Evan's Distribution provided quick hire into manufacturing industry with competitive pay. Just come to work prepared and ready to learn. They have a great culture and eye for future growth.
Fun and clean envorment
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Be ready to work be on time trucks are waiting on you it is good if you can do 8 trucks a day. stay busy watch the hi lo coming though stay motivated at all time and be a team player because that is how you get the work done and pay attention to the color coded .
Pros
Medical
Cons
Short breaks
Ok
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2017
This was an ok job not to many issues except the company id low budget forceing workers to use old power tools and incomplete work stations also the lack of employees required those that were to take on two jobs
Dishonest culture
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Melvindale, MISeptember 21, 2017
I hired on as an owner operator and did not receive the types of loads or pay that i hired on for. After expenses you are paid less than drivers wages.
Cons
No stop pay, all loads have multiple stops.
Ok
Hilo driver (Former Employee) –  Melvindale, MIJuly 11, 2017
Good company far as hours yes but getting hired in no and giving rises no not at all that's why I left . It was good people to work around it was there for a year.
Pros
All the over time
Cons
Didnt give rises
I wouldn't recommend working here
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2017
I worked there for more than 18 months and in order for you to get paid days off, you have to accrue time for like two years first. No advancement, no raises. I dedicated from 50 to 60 hours a week, and there was no appreciation, they still expected more. People did not last because they quit. Management is horrible.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No raises, no vacation
Working at Evans was awesome
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 6, 2017
Evans had a second home type of feeling about it. Us co-workers were like family. It was typical to form out of the work place relationships with your co-workers. The pay is decent enough already. But with the incentive program you'll think there's no limit to the amount of money you can make. Which in a way is kind of true. I loved the fact that management valued our (the employees) feedback . We all felt as though we had a voice and were essential components of a winning team. Evans also has a fun relaxed competitive work environment. It also is a learning place. Everyday and every week we strive to maintain the healthy balance of production and quality.
Pros
Incentive, cookouts, raffles overtime
Cons
high quota
Horrible company
Loader/Unloader/Warehouse Dock (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Only advance whites and Mexicans over blacks with more sinority and work u like a dog for minimum wage and expect to be laid off. No heat in the winter also Warehouse is colder than outside.
Productive environment.
Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working to achieve an advanced position. This process was challenging but not impossible. I feel like I was amply considered without prejudice of my background.
Good Company to work for, but improvements needed.
Customer Service Representative/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Melvindale, MIMarch 19, 2016
I learned a lot of different systems within Evans.
I was responsible for 4 major accounts.
I think management was very approachable.
Hardest part of my job was revamping accounts, that others did not succeed at.
Most enjoyable were my contacts with my customers, giving them the answers, and actions required to their satisfaction.
Pros
Rewarded by company provided lunches, functions
Cons
No room for advancement
A Normal Productive Day
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Melvindale, MISeptember 3, 2015
A combination of manual and labor tasks that dealt with storage, and shipment of product. Also receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, and assembly line work.
Day to day operations
Human Resources Transportation Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Melvindale, MIAugust 13, 2015
It is worthwhile to take a moment and communicate with all the key players on your team. The experience has given a better idea how to make any organization successful within the transportation industry.
Pros
Flexible work life
Cons
Adavancement Opportunities
This place will cheat you
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Melvin dale MichiganJanuary 27, 2015
Do not work hear this is the biggest scam job on the net. I worked 2 60 hour work weeks and was not paid. Worse job in the world on your off day they expect you to get there trucks washed and maintained. They deserve a no star review but the site would not allow me to enter it. Scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam they need hall of sham to visit them
Pros
No pros
Cons
Will not pay you
Not worth your while, No raises, Not a friendly supervisor core.
dockworker (Former Employee) –  brandon, msSeptember 13, 2014
This job has a high turn over rate. The supervisor here lie to you about getting raising all out you never get them. With the work you do you would expect to get raises but you don't a lot of hard work an it does pay off. An the supervisor on day shift always threatening you of your job even if you're doing good. They want let you get overtime because it cuts into there bonus at the end of the year. I started in shipping and receiving an moved to MR an they told me they would give me a raise an I never received that raise so later on down the line they fired me because I kept asking for a raise.
Cons
Nice work enviroment, along with co-workers.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melvindale, MIFebruary 17, 2014
Busy days dealing with customer orders, inbounds and outbound shipping of their product.

Management was very helpful when needed.

Co-workers were professional and knowledgable in work enviroment.

Hardest part of job was dealing with demanding accounts and inventories.

Made lasting relationships with ex-co-workers.
Pros
Very generous with company employee day trips, baseball games etc.
Cons
At times long work days.
production
Quality Inspector & Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 14, 2013
This job was real comforting and they worked around my life and i enjoyed my co workers and the different cultures at this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health and dental