Provides sales support to the ATC market segment domestically in the US.
Reports to Director, ATC
- In coordination with Director, ATC, develop a comprehensive plan to visit/meet all FAA ATC facilities (Towers, TRACONs, ARTCCs, etc) within 18 months from hire. The plan along with actual facilities to be prioritized and coordinated to focus on near and mid-term prospects
- Meet and educate local ATC personnel about Evans Console’s ATC products, current contracts with FAA and how to maximize Evans’ ATC business
- Create meeting reports, and follow up action item reports as well as tracking to ensure completion
- Develop and submit proposals as appropriate
- Track and develop relationships at local ATC facilities and develop new business for near, mid, and long term
- Develop and expand Evans’ relationships with NATCA, FAAMA, and other ATC organizations as appropriate to enhance Evans’ position within the ATC community
- Execute the sales plan as defined by the organization
- Using our CRM tool (currently Sale Force), provide accurate forecasts of projects to close in the ATC market segment
- Develop and maintain understanding of Evans’ ATC products and technology, as well as other associated products
Other Duties Include:
- May be tasked with additional activities from time to time to support cross-functional teams within the company.
- Build competitive knowledge as appropriate
- Research, develop, and implement strategies to grow ATC business within N America
- Support the development and production of the annual ATC Business Plan including both tactical and strategic planning
- The ATC Sales Manager works closely with the Proposal Management Team, Business Development Managers, and Evans Leadership Team
- College degree preferred, but not required.
- FPL/CPC certification at FAA or DOD ATC facility (Terminal Radar, Control Tower, En Route Center) is strongly preferred
- Experience and strong familiarity with FAA organizational policies and operations. Must be able to speak with technical fluency in all functional areas supporting ATC operations (Air Traffic, Tech Ops, Sys Ops, Engineering, Management)
- Extensive FAA national contacts desired
- Sales experience in a control room, audio-visual or computer sales environment desired but not mandatory
- Superior presentation and speaking skills in a complex selling environment.
- Strong computer skills (MS office, Outlook, CAD experience a plus)
- Excellent phone skills
- Strong sales prospecting skills including meeting notes, action item tracking and completion, and sifting of tactical and strategic sales data
- Project and Program Management experience desired, but not mandatory
- Motivated by sales tasks and goals
- Motivated to perform as part of a team
- Ability to perform in a changing work environment
- Travel is a significant part of the job and is likely 70-80% until the initial contact with all ATC facilities is complete