EVANSTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Womens services was a pleasant place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working in Women's Services. The staff was cooperative, and supportive.
Continued education was available and productive.
The cafeteria had good and nutritious food.
The HR was available for any problems or questions.
The salary was competitive. Benefits were competitive.
I enjoyed working at DRMC.
Pros
Cooperative and supportive coworkers
Cons
Closed women's services.
Tolerable place to work with a great group of doctors
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYDecember 4, 2015
My typical day at working included scheduling patients, checking in patients, collecting co pays, cleaning and stocking. I always learned new things within the system to make it easier for myself and the patients. The management here was not someone that you could go to with problems and make feel that it would be taken care of. The hardest part was never knowing what office I was working in or if the Dr that I was supposed to work for was going to be there or not. Again, the interaction with patients was the best part.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Healthcare, no consistency
Private Hospital with a great work environment.
Staff Nurse and radiology technician (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYMay 2, 2016
Smaller Hospital with a great group of people who care about the small communities they provide a service for.
I enjoyed the respect of my peers when it came to patient care.
You were able to make decisions with patients and not fear retribution.They respected your input in all matters.
Pros
Inexpensive cafateria
Cons
May not receive a break if busy.
This place is an administrative mess
lab worker (Former Employee) –  evanston, wyAugust 31, 2015
I worked in the lab at this hospital and was continually talked down to/about from nurses, doctors, administration, and even patients. Doctors are rude and treat the lab staff like dirt. The pay sucks. Having done this job for over 10 years and working for 2 other major hospital groups, this was the lowest I was ever paid, for the most work. Nobody has your back and you are always looking over your shoulder. Administration is in TN and they are more concerned with the almighty dollar than the patients and taking care of their staff. You have to be there a year before you can use sick leave without taking an unpaid day off for you first sick day.
Pros
The lab people are awesome and dedicated to the patients
Cons
you will never get a full lunch break working in the lab, you will be treated like dirt from other hospital departments
Enjoyed the job and work enviornment. Coworkers were helpful and enjoyable. Loved my job
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYJune 27, 2012
My typical day would be entering the data for employee hours. Making reports for department heads to review before finalizing data. Performing the payroll process step by step which took about three days before able to actually print payroll. Did weekly reports for upper management. Managed the employee folders and made requested changes to employee information when necessary. My management team was a joy to work for as well as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job for me was not actually the job but that the position was part time and although I worked full time hours, I was at a part time status so I did not receive the benefits such as holiday, sick or vacation time because of my status which didn't get changed until full time until after I moved on from that company. I enjoyed every part of my job so the most enjoyable part was just basically all my duties and being able to go daily into a place that I loved to work.
Management OK staff are small minded and locked into status quo
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYNovember 3, 2012
From the first week it was clear that the staff and doctors were very comfortable with the way things had always been done. Not open to different ideas or nursing methods, It was difficult not to be continually looking over one's shoulder to see who was talking about another person.
Pros
real lemonade in the soda machines - free
Cons
gossip mill. different is not good

2.9