EVANSTON REGIONAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Love my co-workers, and job..but...
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Evanston, WYJune 12, 2017
I love my job, and love my co-workers. However, the pay is extremely low, and there is no room for advancement. In the years I have worked here, my pay has hardly increased, and I even discovered I make less than a Chik-fil-a employee. Management is OK, but needs work. Job security is good, just follow HIPPA and do things correctly, and there isn't a problem.
Pros
Great co-workers, job security, normal hours with minimal overtime.
Cons
Pay, Management.
Love my coworkers
Materials Management Director (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYMay 26, 2017
You are treated like family. New administration should make this a better place to work. Fair salary for a small town. A very nice cafeteria with home cooking
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Leadership
Med/Surg Nursing
RN (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYApril 24, 2017
I loved working at ERH! I felt challenged and excited to practice my nursing skills and be part of the multidisciplinary healthcare team. I would consider working at ERH again if my life were to require me to relocate to Southern Wyoming.
Pros
Fun, competitive, excellent educational mentors and instruction to stay competative with best nursing practices
Cons
Staffing cuts that hindered quality of care for patients and lowered employee moral.
Unprofessional and chaotic workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYJanuary 11, 2017
The administration and managers for the clinics spent more time gossiping and giggling with their favorite MAs then helping out. Very unprofessional and chaotic. Extremely low pay
Pros
Hour lunch
Cold and lacking orginization
Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYJanuary 7, 2017
I had been working when there was very organization. Example
ordering of supplies, could not get the requests into supplies
when and where it was ready to go out.
Pros
Close to apartment
Cons
Cold and disorganized
Productive and fun place to work in physical therapy.
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYJanuary 7, 2017
I learned a lot working at Evanston Regional Hospital. A typical day was great it was what you made of it. Management was all about management not so much the employees. I was there for 7 years and two months, worked hard and they wouldn't give me my .11 cent raise, a month before I left. Co-workers were the best part everybody positive and had fun with our patients. The hardest part was management and the best was my patients.
Pros
patients, co-workers
Cons
politics of the hospital
Enjoyable place to work
Core Measures Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYJanuary 5, 2017
Most of the staff here have been in their jobs 5-10 years because it is such a good, positive place to work. There is good interdisciplinary collaboration between departments. Good patient outcomes.
This place is the worst!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYJanuary 4, 2017
Incompetence is key to work for Evanston regional. The management is terrible, the pay is extremely low, and there's a lot of gossipy nonsense that goes on. The company doesn't take care of its employees, much less their patients. Also be careful about seeking education. They will have you sign a contract, tell you that you are family, and then you will never get reimbursed or receive the pay you were promised. Even their contract management is shady
Pros
There's a cafeteria on site
Cons
Low pay, no accountability, awful management
Something I have never done before
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYNovember 29, 2016
Working for this company was pretty much a dead end idea. There was never going to be any room for advancement. My typical day at work was cleaning the hospital and the clinics. Stocking and making sure all supplies were where they needed to be.
Pros
Met some great people
Cons
Pay was lower than it should be
A terrible corporation to work for.
n/a (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYMay 4, 2016
Low pay with extremely low raises, administration and the corporation as a whole is awful to work for. They don't care about the employees and anyone is easily replaceable to them. Loved what I did for work but I hated who I worked for.
Private Hospital with a great work environment.
Staff Nurse and radiology technician (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYMay 2, 2016
Smaller Hospital with a great group of people who care about the small communities they provide a service for.
I enjoyed the respect of my peers when it came to patient care.
You were able to make decisions with patients and not fear retribution.They respected your input in all matters.
Pros
Inexpensive cafateria
Cons
May not receive a break if busy.
Tolerable place to work with a great group of doctors
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYDecember 4, 2015
My typical day at working included scheduling patients, checking in patients, collecting co pays, cleaning and stocking. I always learned new things within the system to make it easier for myself and the patients. The management here was not someone that you could go to with problems and make feel that it would be taken care of. The hardest part was never knowing what office I was working in or if the Dr that I was supposed to work for was going to be there or not. Again, the interaction with patients was the best part.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Healthcare, no consistency
Womens services was a pleasant place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working in Women's Services. The staff was cooperative, and supportive.
Continued education was available and productive.
The cafeteria had good and nutritious food.
The HR was available for any problems or questions.
The salary was competitive. Benefits were competitive.
I enjoyed working at DRMC.
Pros
Cooperative and supportive coworkers
Cons
Closed women's services.
This place is an administrative mess
lab worker (Former Employee) –  evanston, wyAugust 31, 2015
I worked in the lab at this hospital and was continually talked down to/about from nurses, doctors, administration, and even patients. Doctors are rude and treat the lab staff like dirt. The pay sucks. Having done this job for over 10 years and working for 2 other major hospital groups, this was the lowest I was ever paid, for the most work. Nobody has your back and you are always looking over your shoulder. Administration is in TN and they are more concerned with the almighty dollar than the patients and taking care of their staff. You have to be there a year before you can use sick leave without taking an unpaid day off for you first sick day.
Pros
The lab people are awesome and dedicated to the patients
Cons
you will never get a full lunch break working in the lab, you will be treated like dirt from other hospital departments
Management OK staff are small minded and locked into status quo
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYNovember 3, 2012
From the first week it was clear that the staff and doctors were very comfortable with the way things had always been done. Not open to different ideas or nursing methods, It was difficult not to be continually looking over one's shoulder to see who was talking about another person.
Pros
real lemonade in the soda machines - free
Cons
gossip mill. different is not good