EVault, A Seagate Company

EVault, A Seagate Company Employer Reviews

Technical Support is challenging but rewarding
Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great people. exposure to many platforms. hands off management allowing freedom to excel.
Cons: not enough staff. better training is needed. benifits have dropped.
Being in the technical support staff with Evault is challenging in that there is a constant flow of tickets and there are not enough people staffed to meet the requirements of provided premier support. The average ticket count on one's plate will be 25 - 35 tickets.

Management is very hands off. If you like a micro-management style or a "hand holding" – more... style, this is not the type of environment for you. The plus side of this type of management is the fact that you are given the freedom to experiment with different projects to better your surroundings.

The people on the staff are great and are willing to help. The culture of the support staff is laid back yet productive.

The exposure you get in this position is very rewarding. You will be supporting all sorts of platforms and software. This is a great place to get a foot hold on all sorts of areas. This also comes with its challenges due to the fact that you might feel stretched thin and wish you could focus your skills in fewer areas. In the future, if more people are hired, this might be a possibility. – less
Talented People-Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant - (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: office spirit, planned get together and employee team building
Cons: distance for commuting if you live in the south bay
Many talented people, who are hard working and enthusiastic about their positions.
Evault
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2013
Pros: stock options, 401k, decent benifits
Company is still trying to be profitable in the competitive Cloud backup industry.
nice place work
Administrative Employee (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2013
Nice place to work. good management team and wonder co-workers. Grade A plus rating.
Great company at the Macro-level, but lacking at the Micro level
Employee (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2012
A typical day working at Evault is pretty busy. Everyone gives off the feeling of having a lot to do, but only management seems to show signs of stress. The people are mostly pretty great as people, however leaders are few and far between.
Up & Coming Company with GREAT Coworkers
Channel Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: coworkers, stock options, open-mind leadership
Cons: disconnect between varies na offices, hr has made environment sensitive
Evault is a leader in Cloud backup and Disaster Recovery. Opened doors in 1997, 35000 Customer, 400 employees
Great company with great people
Automation Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: very flexible schedule for work and very close to home.
Cons: n/a
Working at Evault really helped me develop in the QA and IT field. The management was great and gave me the tools to thrive in this field. I started off at Evault as a co-op student from Sheridan College. I did a four month work term with Evault and after the four months was completed I graduated and received my Ontario College Diploma in Computer Programmer. – more... I was then hired on with Evault for another two four month contracts. During these contracts, I worked to prove my worth within the company. I succeeded in my goal of landing a full-time position within the company. Some of my duties at Evault included:
• Work in a team atmosphere.
• Write bug reports often (with Test Track Pro).
• Write test plans often (often with Test Link).
• Test company’s main application manually.
• Write tests in C# to automatically test company’s main application daily.
• Fix any broken tests written by me or my team.
• Use SQL often when using databases.
• Perform maintenance on auto test machines, physical and virtual.
• In charge of maintaining good results daily as well as reporting my findings.
• Create scripts using powershell and python to assist automation environment
• Use VMware products such as vSphere, vCenter, vConverter to create VMs and maintain VMs for automation purposes

I loved the people I worked with as well as the constant change in my job. I have had to learn many new things on the job such as Python scripting, powershell scripting, VMWare products, and Windows Azure to name a few. I enjoy learning new tools and programming languages that aid me in my field and I am a fast learner so it worked really well for me at Evault. – less
Fun place to work, co-workers becomes life long firends
Automation Developer/Code Coverage (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 10, 2013
Pros: friendly people
Typical day:
Review and assess daily automation results: potential bugs, review coverage and new test cases for new functionalities.

Distribute results of automation cycle to stakeholders

Post build/kits to QA (Manual testers) and outline defects that are fixed for the build and potential defects found in this build.