Event Management Employee Reviews

good place
Iams Pet Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2016
good place to work the work with the hours when you in school they have pretty fair management the pay is low but o well. you can apply to other jobs
Pros
time
Cons
wrong time
Productive volunteer learning opportunity
Assist Event Management (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 19, 2016
Gained experience in event management with Division i college athletics. Worked promotions and game setup for Valparaiso University's basketball teams.
Product Demonstrator
Sales & Merchandising (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 20, 2016
This job is great for self motivated people. The customers are great and the products are generally fun for the public. A typical day is setting up your demonstrator cart, finding all necessary tools, buying product, cooking or rationing out, and presenting it to customers.
Pros
Great products
Cons
No pay raises
my review
Webster Bank Arena Internship (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTDecember 17, 2015
great company. really good people here that want to help you succeed. The environment is special. The leadership is a huge plus.
MITRE is a good place if you are favored.
Coordinator - MITRE Corporation (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 15, 2015
A typical work day at MITRE begins with reviewing my customer needs, the implementation of all of their needs from beginning to end in order to have a successful event.

What I've learned after 19 years at MITRE is I should have left much sooner in order to realize my career goals.

Management has their favorites and it's unfortunate since there is a great deal of wonderful talent there who lacks the mentoring and support needed to move ahead.

There was nothing hard about my job as I have the passion for what I do. I love every challenge presented to me. This is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Rarely work at the same place each day.
Team Leader July 2014 -Present (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, va 23702April 14, 2015
There is never really a typical day at work. Certain crews get sent out each day to do different jobs. Sometimes separate crews will link up with each other to get bigger jobs done faster. For the most part drew leaders and crew members get along great. Everyone understands they have a specific job to do. The hardest part of the job is not knowing exactly when the day is going to end, because it really depends on how many jobs we have to complete by the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day to me is being able to work outside and looking at how great a job looks after it is finished.
Pros
free gatorades, a lot of time driving
Cons
very short breaks, never know when we will have lunch
High Energy
Creative Media Designer-Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of meeting company's main goal: to create unforgettable events for clients. Since I worked at in the creative department my job taught had me thinking on my feet a lot. I had amazing co-workers who were helpful which made it easier to work as a team. I enjoyed bringing my clients event ideas to life. Like in any job, challenges occurred however, I took them as a way to prove my capability.
Assistant Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Belton, TxMay 8, 2015
The Event Coordinator had a sound, family environment that was both challenging and engaging. We handled any game management situation: from handling nets, working with pressbox staff, or working with coaches and officials.
Productive and challenging, but fun work environment
Take-Down & Set-Up (Current Employee) –  Boerne, TXMay 12, 2015
Great place to work!
Outdoors
Learning how to time manage
Love getting to know the vendors and what they make and sell
Great hours at one weekend a month
Great pay
Stress Free
Management is great!
Part Time
Lead Events Coordinator - Seasonal, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 28, 2015
Part time seasonal job that I do on Cal football Game Days. I manage stadium club and enjoy seeing the events come together
School job to help pay rent
Gym Crew, King College (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TNMarch 12, 2014
I was the leader to organize a group of people to set up the gym before and after events. I learned how to work hard to get the job done; also to put people in place to where they needed to be. The hardest part of my job was the dedication from the other staff members. They were athletes as well, but they liked to take their time with getting the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job was planning and setting up the gym. Recognizing all the small components that needed to be done within the job.
Easy going workplace with flexible hours for a working student.
Staff member (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAMay 2, 2012
Being employed as a staff member on the Event Management consisted of alot of interaction with students from my university and their parents. We were required to work at every sports event held within the university throughout the school year. There were different positions available, for example you could work the concessions stands, be the announcer, or control the clock and the scoring. This job overall was not stressful at all, and the most enjoyable part of the job was that we became a part of the school in not only the academic aspect, but also through the extracurricular activities.
Enjoy working with clients and assisting with there events
EVENT PLANNING (Former Employee) –  New Carrollton, MDMarch 27, 2015
I like working as an Independent contractor to assist event seekers in achieving there events. I get the chance to meet a lot of high profile people that caters to the event planning environment.
Organize Events for Corporate Functions with great ease with any number of Attendees
Team Leader or Managerial (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Basically it is a challenging Job and I am quite comfortable organizing and arranging Events for Corporate or personal Events of any size.
Pros
good publicity and public relations
Fun place to work
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2013
A typical day was setting up, quality assurance and putting everything back in it's proper place.
I learned to hustle and get it right the first time.
My management was awesome.
My co workers were awesome.
The hardest part about the job was the constant moving with no breaks for 9+ hours
Pros
free food, sporting events
Cons
no breaks
Productive fun place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  PhoenixNovember 7, 2014
Typical days at work were fun. I met new people from all over the United States. I loved managing and being a team lead and having responsibility in my hands.
Pros
entrance to fun events
Cons
parking
Self Employed
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Self EmployedNovember 2, 2014
My work in this area is as an independent contractor. Excellent environment.
Pros
establish my own hours and clients.