Event Network, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard to advance, No benefits, Low Pay, Hard work, Dead-end job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2017
Only management is hired full time. Everyone else is part time with no benefits whatsoever. Lunch is only 30 minutes unpaid for 7 or more hours per shift. Job is hectic, management is useless, no one is happy. Dress code is ridiculous and outdated. Way to much work expected for minimum wage. They give a maximum annual raise of 2%, meaning less than 25 cents for most people. Job is boring on top of it.
Pros
Cons
short lunch break, no paid time off, only part time, no benefits, minimum wage
Not the Best Choice
Paper Pusher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2017
Unrealistic workloads with management completely out of touch with the reality of what everyone really does. The pay is not competitive nor are the benefits. I would avoid.
Fun venue to work at.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 19, 2017
Good solid company to work for. Advancement opportunities. The venue is Brevard Zoo Gift Shop. It's retail customer service working inside and out doors.
Overworked and under appreciated
Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
Corporate management needs to take a long look in the mirror. They have unrealistic expectations of work load. The day is never the same here which I liked - kept me on my toes.
Pros
Breakfast, Coffee and occasional profit sharing as little as it is.
Cons
Leadership team and workload
Great coworkers awful management
Full-time sales lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2017
The georgia aquarium location. Management doesn't not care if you have a death in the family or if you are really sick, they still want you to come in. They talk about people behind their back, falsify reviews, and have different rules for different people. They expect you to do their work and get angry when you don't.
I would not recommend working here under any circumstances. Do yourself a favor, go somewhere else.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work.
Warehouse Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2017
Running 2 warehouse was challenging but fun. Management was different..worked with 5 different style of management in my 11 years with this company. The workplace was very exciting and a educational place to work for. I say the hardest part of the job was getting help when needed.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meeting guest from all over the world and seeing them enjoy the venue.
Pros
Great perks working in the museum
great culture
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 29, 2017
The people are great. They are constantly refining their policies and procedures which makes it a bit interesting to navigate. There's a lot of autonomy which is nice.
Not a great Place
Accounts Payable Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2017
The work environment was uncomfortable and lots of people hung out in clicks. Not as transparent as they want it to seem. The CFO and controller should be fired and replaced with better qualified people. It supposed to be customer service driven company but the company as a whole fails on so many levels.
Fun place to work but bad management
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2017
The management keep changing. Choose side with employee during conflicts. Wrote false reviews on employees. I loved working there but everything changed when new managment came in. Would promote employees even though there werent ready.
Don't Work Here!
do it all (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
Don't work here unless you want to do a million things that are not in your job description, get blamed for your fellow coworkers/managers mishaps.
you'll be belittled, they will never hear what you have to say.
Pros
You might make a friend or 2.
Cons
Everything.
Avoid Sears/Willis Tower at all Costs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2017
I worked here a few years ago. While the view is nice, the upper management is scarily clueless about how to manage employees or use time productively. The worst was when they would force sick people work, even with the food. I had pink eye on both sides, which is highly contagious, and I was forced to work directly WITH the food. I wasn't allowed to go to my uncle's funeral because I HAD to come to work in for 4 hours on a slow winter Monday, even though there were other employees available. I made great friends, but as a viable job, I would just avoid this place if you can. There are better minimum wage jobs out there.
Exciting work environment
Retail Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Not your typical retail job, worked for The Event Network and the venue was The Georgia Aquarium(gift shop). spent most of time stocking shelves, greeting customers, assisting with store needs, never did the same thing two days in a row. learned a lot about the aquarium, management was great, always available, and ready to help. coworkers were generally close and friendly to all.
Pros
generous discounts, opp for growth within company, free access to GAQ
Cons
lack of free, safe parking for third party employees
Best retail comapny I've ever worked for
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I've worked big-box retail before and I will never go back to that after working for event network. I started out as a sales associate and fell in love with the company culture. I never knew what company culture was until working here. I never realized there were retail companies that cared about their employees until working here. I was able to develop with the company and progress into new skill sets and positions. I've seen this company grow and am happy to be apart of a team that really does feel like family. This inst your typical retailer. You get to know the team at the corporate level while being in a store. This never happened when I worked in big-box retail.
Pros
Flexible hours, work in great venues, development path to grow with the comapny
Great company
Store Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Event Network was a great company to work for. The culture is top notch! You have a sense of family instead of co workers. They truly care about their people
Pros
The people
Cons
Communication is la
Great work culture but poor "work/life balance"
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 14, 2016
The culture of the company is one of camaraderie and mutual respect through working together to solve problems and issues, this great culture is quickly changing with management changes that have shifted the focus to the importance of the bottom line and the balance of work and life is skewed towards the expectation of being on call at a moment's notice without any extra compensation , recognition or with additional help.
You were expected to achieve goals and be Far Below any and all budget expenses even if it were to hurt your team personally ,it did not matter.
Pros
Frequent internal promotions
Cons
Unbalanced expectations
Slow and Disorganized
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2016
Everyone is nice, but it's a surprisingly small company with some poor management and an incredibly dull work environment.It is great for part-time or as an additional job, but certainly not a living.
Be aware!
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  San DiegoNovember 9, 2016
Event Network use to be a great company, but there have been too many realignment changes in recent years and the upper management is absolutely clueless about what the little folks really do. Just as a warning, favoritism runs deep. People are promoted based on how well they are liked, not on how well they perform. When a VP doesn't like you, you're pretty much screwed and you better start looking for a new job.

The company has lost a lot of great leaders in recent years and have been replaced by some phony ones that simply don't care about you or your career.
The manager
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2016
Generally a lovely place to work, all but the main manager. She and I had some conflict which lead to me quitting. For being at the zoo they sure don't care about your pets. My dog was dying and she wrote me up for missing a shift after I called in and then commented on how he isn't that important since I wasn't taking him with me when I moved out (due to his medical needs).
Fun work place
Sales Lead/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2016
Good place to work hours were only part time or seasonal . It was very interesting and you were able to meet people from around the world . Found out about the different animals at the zoo.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Director was horrible
Mistreatment of workers
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2016
Expects you to treat this job as a priority even over family. Nice pay but they don't give you sufficient hours so your checks would equal the same if you were working elsewhere for more hours. If you want to make around $600-$800 a month go for it. However you have been warned this company lacks in professionalism, severely.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, large work load, confusing managers, no hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Event Network, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9