Event Network

Event Network Employer Reviews

what to know before opening the store, new product
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work going to meeting before opening the store.
knowing about new products, how to use it. also knowing the amount of visitor coming to the museum.
We work hard as a team.
Team Oriented
Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Great team focused job. Coworkers all tend to be very friendly. Management is also great.
EN Review
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: i love working here. nothing really wrong
Cons: needed to be full=time
This was amazing place to work. Sadly, I needed to be full-time and nothing was available. Would go back if there is a chance for that.
Great Place
Chicago Children's Museum gift shop associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: work with kids and play with toys
Cons: summer is hot outside
I love working at the Children's Museum gift shop. The customers are friendly and the work feels like play sometimes. Great management.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2014
great team to work with. just wish there was a better chance for advancement
Unique workplace on a Battleship.
Store Lead (Current Employee), San Pedro, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: every lunchbreak is spent on the main deck looking out at sea.
Typical work days include opening and closing duties; Safe counts, Open/Close registers via Closing Reconciliation Forms, Filling Bank Deposits, Checking store email periodically throughout the day, Pulling and Processing Online Orders, and Assisting customers with any questions or concerns they may have.

While working for Event Network I have been – more... able to gain a more extensive knowledge of Shipping and Logistics, Keeping up-to-date records of WTD, MTD and YTD sales and comparing those to current daily sales, and Developing product ideas in cohesion with our museum location to boost sales.

This particular location is a small venue which doesn't require a large staff. This is great because not many things get lost in translation when relaying information from manager to manager.

There isn't really anything hard to accomplish in this job which only leaves the most enjoyable parts of this job. By far the most enjoyable part is being able to work on such a historic piece of American History. This Battleship has history engraved into its very core from the smell of the oil and grease buried in its walls to the hundreds of military Veterans who come aboard daily and share their own personal memories about this ship. There aren't many inanimate objects that give off as much energy as this ship and I am truly grateful and honored to be a member of its crew. – less
A fun but tedious place to work
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 18, 2013
It's slightly different from normal retail stores because you get to interact with the guest of the museum.
Amazing core concept
Sales Lead (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: working in museums, talking with guests
Cons: not much direction for growth.
The company is going through some growing pains. They got a too big before having the proper channels for support. Best part of the job is working in a museum and interacting with guests. If you're lucky, you're at a busy museum. Depending on bosses, there is no direction given as to how to perform and sometimes you can be strung along for a promotion.
GREAT BENEFITS
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2013
Fun company with great benefits. I just started working for them and about a months later I had a 401K. That was great news for me.
i loved working for this company .
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee), ctJune 27, 2013
Pros: full time benefits package is great altho costly, profit sharing for upper managment is good but paid months late.
Cons: they seem to care very little for employee happiness, stress reduction
if you are looking for a good place to start and possibly move up quickly this is for you. however you move up quickly because the turn over rate is quite high. the priorities of this company are a bit skewed and they would not bat an eyelash when asking you to work weeks on end without a day off if it meant maintaining budgets, but they do not do overtime – more... so either your hours will be spaced over 7 days or you will be salaried so they can get to most out of you without having to pay you more. it is a very high stress job . – less
Great Management, but dead end
Demonstration Supervisor/ CSR (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 23, 2013
Great job, i enjoyed the staff and the management team was pretty fair. Just slow advancement opportunities and i was was there for 4 years.
Interacting with customers on a daily bases while having fun with the products we sold.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2013
Pros: great oppurtunity to learn and enhance customer service skills
Cons: inadequate lunches
*Clock-In
*Manager gives one minute to tell everyone where they are stationed
*Go to store and count in register correctly
*Make sure store is neat and clean
*Interact with customers as they come
*Assist customers
*Make sure merchandise is prompted in the right places
*Promote sales
Cool environment and Great staff
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 5, 2012
Pros: family environment from ceo on down
I love my job here so much everyone gets along very well. No pressure at all in selling. Also the company listens to its employees and takes not on any problem that you may see or and suggestions you have.
Productive, Fun, ever changing
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge, MAJuly 2, 2012
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. Each venue is different, and brings forward different challenges and opportunities every day. I have learned all of my management skills here, and refined my professionalism.
It was a fun place to work but....
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2012
Pros: working at american museum of natural history
Cons: breaks were not monitored, racism, picking favorites
It was a fun place to work but Management had their favorite group of people who they allowed not to really work where the rest of us had to kill ourselves just to get extra days or hours
Sometimes fun/ sometimes horrible.
Sales Lead (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 30, 2012
Pros: location. fast-paced.
Cons: no breaks, healthcare, chance for improvement.
A typical day of work is unpredictable. It's good in that you find things to do yourself. It builds a sense of responsibility. It's bad because you're often left to read the mind of your superior and then be judged accordingly.
I've learned to become more flexible in this job. From your boss calling you in unannounced to the guests requirements, you – more... learn to adapt to each situation.
The management is not the best. It's the most corrupt place I've ever worked. The bosses don't help much on the floor. They're in their respective offices most of the day- usually making personal calls and shopping on Amazon. You and your co-workers work hard to make the stores look nice and to provide excellent customer service while the Managers/ Asst. Managers talk among themselves all day.
The hardest part of the job is the lack of appreciation shown. I, often, get called into work with only a few hours notice. And, usually, work 6 days or more in a given week. Despite my trying to be available and to work as hard as I can for the company, no one says "Thank you" or "Good job." Also, you don't get breaks- despite laws stating you earn two 10 minute breaks plus a 1/2 hour lunch (at least in CA). We don't get the additional two 10 minute breaks, even if we ask.
The best part of the job are the locations. All workplaces are in cultural attractions. They own several museum/zoo/ aquarium stores. Also pleasant is the fast-paced environment. – less
Fun retail store that deals with a lot of tourists
Sales Lead (Former Employee), chicago, ilApril 12, 2012
i love working for event network. Its an company with a lot of gift shops in places like the shedd aquarium and the sear towers and i had the privilege of working at both. I was a sales lead here so a lot of my duties was cash handling and relieve employees for their breaks and answering any questions to our guest that our employees couldn't answer.
Great!
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2012
I love this place! Fun fun fun fun fun! I have been with the company going on 7 years.... And I have really enjoyed my co-wokers & guest to the fullest.... What a wonderful place to work.
A fun work place with a good enviroment
Sales Assistant for the Lisbon Oceanario gift shop (Former Employee), PortugalAugust 13, 2013
It was a good place to work and develop your skills, the staff is really helpfull and there is a great sense of team work

Event Network Photos