Event Network

Event Network Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at with children!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TEXASMarch 31, 2015
Pros: discounts, holiday pay
Cons: short breaks/ lunches, short hours
Great place to work at, Its very small and have 9:10 ratio of women. My co-workers were great. a typical day for for me was dealing with over 2,000 people. This job has taught me reality, knowing if it was a manager spot avaliable it would be mines.
It was a nice quiet place to work
Data Entry/Inventory Control (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2015
It was a quiet work area, very relaxed as long as you got your work done. Mostly just sat there putting data into a computer, i learned allot of excel and Microsoft word tricks through them which was great.
Fun retail job
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, good management in place
Cons: no healthcare or benefits
Easy, laid back retail job. Downtown venue with lots of fun customers. Not a place for someone who is not a people person. Great coworkers and flexible schedule. Management is pretty awesome as well.
Interesting locations to work
Assistant Store Director/ Regional Leader (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2015
To work for Event Network, one must really enjoy being around children and families. They will comprise the majority of your guests. Therefore, one must have patience when over 2000 children bombard the store from school field trips! To operate a Gift Store in a museum, you get the opportunity to see lots of different people from all over the world. You as an employee, get to see and share with lots of museums that Event Network has partnerships all across the United States. That is a plus! However, the grief of the work place doesn't come from the company Event Network, but rather the museum partnership in which you work. One must be adept at working for multiple bosses, and often times too many cooks spoil the soup. However, you do get to house a lot of really fun and interesting products, and the team you create (since it is a very small space) means everything!
Its not worth it
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: low pay low pay low pay
It is only a stop gap job.
Coworkers are ok
The job is not for me.
If you like 15 min breaks and standing for 6 hours, go for it.
Gift shop supervisor
STORE MERCHANDISING (Former Employee), Tacoma WADecember 2, 2014
Learned customer service. Managed day to day store operations. Supervised two other employees. Employer was very reasonable and we shared a great relationship. The position was not very fulfilling however and I was forced to leave to pursue my career.
Great Places to Work
Regional Director of Stores (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: gerat locations to work
Cons: culture is lacking
Providing retail services in some of the most special places in the country, EN has that. Being able to go to cultural institutions everyday to work was fun and educational. You have an opportunity impact so many visitors with a great memory.
Good culture with good people
Procurement Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 13, 2014
Cons: lack of communication from vp+ level down is very prevelant here
Good place to work with positive energized management. They stress work life balance and have decent benefits.
Playful environment with lots of opportunities to engage with the guests and products.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: engaging with so many different people from around the world.
Cons: benefits for a regular employee wasn't very promising.
Working in a store with a typical volume of 12,000 per day was a very fast paced and energetic environment. Working with the company taught me to stay on my feet and think of quick solutions to the many issues that arose with a volume that size. My problem solving skills were extremely enhanced as well as my empathy and increased patience towards guest and their needs and wants. In a store with as much product as it's volume it was extremely beneficial to communicate with co-workers, management, and guests. Communication was key at the company, to be able to communicate was equivalent to being able to perform the job to the best of one's ability.
Fun place to work for
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: lot of fun, changing environment
Cons: not a lot of room for growth, no benefits
This place can be tons of fun to work at. They encourage demoing products, to help interact with customers and show products. It really brings customer service to a new level.
Healthy Competitive Atmosphere!
Outside vendor (Former Employee), Laie, HISeptember 11, 2014
● Created unique hand crafted souvenirs for sale within the Polynesian Cultural Center.
● Marketed my own product while achieving an 80% return on investment.
Fun place to work and g
PART TIME SALES LEADS (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: having fun and being able to see football everyday
Cons: it gets very slow at times.
A typical day at work College Football Hall of Fame is meeting Pro-Football Players and current college football players and coaches.

Having a awesome store management team that is fun to work with on a daily bases.
Not well managed
Cashier Lead (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2014
Pros: at the zoo
Cons: favoritism, little room for moving up
Does not have a good upper management. The place is quite unorganized. Scheduling seems to be a difficult task. I learned that in retail with Event Network it is who you know and who likes you not how well you do that determines promotion. The actual job duties are not the part of the job that is the problem. Some of the people I met working there became friends. Raises are completely on favoritism, which seems to me to be a very non-professional way of handling it.
Exciting workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), chicago, ilAugust 20, 2014
This company has different venues where the have stores and I was at the Willis Tower. Everything was great about this job, the view was awesome, got to meet people from all around the world when we had some down time to communicate with the guest, each employee was great to work with.
Busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2014
It was a busy place, many customers. You gain a lot of customer service experience from working here.
what to know before opening the store, new product
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
A typical day at work going to meeting before opening the store.
knowing about new products, how to use it. also knowing the amount of visitor coming to the museum.
We work hard as a team.
Team Oriented
Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Great team focused job. Coworkers all tend to be very friendly. Management is also great.
EN Review
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: i love working here. nothing really wrong
Cons: needed to be full=time
This was amazing place to work. Sadly, I needed to be full-time and nothing was available. Would go back if there is a chance for that.
Great Place
Chicago Children's Museum gift shop associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: work with kids and play with toys
Cons: summer is hot outside
I love working at the Children's Museum gift shop. The customers are friendly and the work feels like play sometimes. Great management.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2014
great team to work with. just wish there was a better chance for advancement