Event Network Employee Reviews in United States

A fairly typical retail job with normal requirements.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  300 Stuart ave. las vegas, nv 89101July 9, 2015
As a sales associate with Event Network working in joint with the Mob Museum in a gift shop I am required to assist customers, handle cash and stock and straighten the store throughout my day. I have improved my customer service and sales skills by working with fellow co-workers and a fairly capable management team. My co-workers and I maintain a friendly environment and healthy work relationship with a balance of respect and communication, always looking to improve upon our performances with friendly sales competitions. The hardest part of my job with Event Network would be approaching customers for sales in a 'forced exit' environment; being as we are a gift shop at the end of the attraction it is common for us to have people who are just ready to leave so we must be creative in encouraging them to stay and make purchases. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting such a diverse background of visitors in a relaxed retail environment and hearing their stories and sharing in their experience at the Mob Museum.
Pros
decent breaks, flexable hours, helpful staff, relaxed environment
Cons
part time only, no benefits
Good place to work if you are a student looking for summer employment .
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJune 1, 2016
Used to be a good place to work and then the store director left and the new director does not understand the EN Culture so therefore the store is being turned into a cheap souvenir stand. Male employees are favored over female employees and there is alot of back stabbing that goes on.
Pros
Store closes at 6:00 pm
Cons
Low moral and no leadership
Fun and welcoming work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2016
A typical day at work would depend on what store you are in and what is assigned. Some days you are non stop on the cash register or non stop on the floor recovering. The management there is great they love to teach you new things, I like have the customer service part of the job where I get to talk to people and help them.
Pros
Nice break room with lockers
Cons
Short breaks
Stay busy
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJuly 19, 2016
Not a bad place to work for, it can be fun. Sometimes tedious. It's a good seasonal job. People are fun to be around as well as management except one.
Pros
If a college student or a student great to work for them
Cons
Have to take a 30 min lunch on 7 hour shift
Working for Event Network
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2015
It's OK. It's a great summer job, when the hours are high and the people are sometimes nice. I got this job thinking a year later I would be promoted, but no such thing happened.
The company is inconsistent and is never true to their word. They lie to save a buck, and jack up the prices of everything to make more money. It's almost unfair. But the overall moral of the company itself is wonderful. They work hard, just not hard enough for the people struggling to move up in the world.
Pros
15 minute breaks every four hours, get to play with products
Cons
Low pay, no hours, no room to grow
Playful environment with lots of opportunities to engage with the guests and products.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2014
Working in a store with a typical volume of 12,000 per day was a very fast paced and energetic environment. Working with the company taught me to stay on my feet and think of quick solutions to the many issues that arose with a volume that size. My problem solving skills were extremely enhanced as well as my empathy and increased patience towards guest and their needs and wants. In a store with as much product as it's volume it was extremely beneficial to communicate with co-workers, management, and guests. Communication was key at the company, to be able to communicate was equivalent to being able to perform the job to the best of one's ability.
Pros
engaging with so many different people from around the world.
Cons
benefits for a regular employee wasn't very promising.
Fast Paced Working Enviornment Located Inside Georgia Aquarium
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
My experience with Event Network enhanced my ability of working in a fast paced environment, and also taught me the necessary skills needed to be a stockperson.
Not well managed
Cashier Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2014
Does not have a good upper management. The place is quite unorganized. Scheduling seems to be a difficult task. I learned that in retail with Event Network it is who you know and who likes you not how well you do that determines promotion. The actual job duties are not the part of the job that is the problem. Some of the people I met working there became friends. Raises are completely on favoritism, which seems to me to be a very non-professional way of handling it.
Pros
at the zoo
Cons
favoritism, little room for moving up
i loved working for this company .
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  ctJune 27, 2013
if you are looking for a good place to start and possibly move up quickly this is for you. however you move up quickly because the turn over rate is quite high. the priorities of this company are a bit skewed and they would not bat an eyelash when asking you to work weeks on end without a day off if it meant maintaining budgets, but they do not do overtime so either your hours will be spaced over 7 days or you will be salaried so they can get to most out of you without having to pay you more. it is a very high stress job .
Pros
full time benefits package is great altho costly, profit sharing for upper managment is good but paid months late.
Cons
they seem to care very little for employee happiness, stress reduction
Reactive, unorganized company seems like they are scrambling to stay afloat.
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Stressful work environment. Everyone is spread way too thin and the company works way beyond their means. As a new employee, no one made the time to properly train me, even after repeatedly asking management for more guidance. Buyers repeatedly asked me to do things for them that they themselves did not know how to do, and I found this extremely frustrating considering I received very little training. A very reactive and unorganized company always trying to fix the same problems after they happen. It seems like they are making a lot of cut-backs, and have been laying-off many dedicated and hard working employees this year. A red-flag for me was when I realized they were not paying their vendors on time -invoices were months past due. They like to TALK a lot about company culture, but frankly it seems forced and disingenuous.
Pros
Free continental breakfast every morning in the community kitchen. You can bring your dog to work.
Cons
Unorganized company. Very little communication. No training. Stressful, unfriendly work environment
they run the gift store at the GA aquarium
Store Director/SE Regional Dir (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2015
I loved working inside the aquarium I loved the company the only thing that was a problem was my direct supervisor. it was very busy and high energy.
Pros
salary, ability to travel
Cons
managment
Fun retail job
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2015
Easy, laid back retail job. Downtown venue with lots of fun customers. Not a place for someone who is not a people person. Great coworkers and flexible schedule. Management is pretty awesome as well.
Pros
flexible schedule, good management in place
Cons
no healthcare or benefits
Fast pace place with friendly people.
Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 8, 2015
Usually a typical day at work includes me demoing several toys for guests, driving sales. Also backing up as one of the main cashiers. On a slow day I am the stores main merchandiser. Ive learned how to work better and have more patience with children, as well as diverse families. The management is very strict yet flexible. Very bright, optimistic and driven culture. My co-workers are usually young with contagious smiles. The hardest part is when dealing with the daily rushes however the system we have works proficiently. The most enjoyable part is seeing the happy faces leaving the door, far more happier than how they came in.
Good culture with good people
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2014
Good place to work with positive energized management. They stress work life balance and have decent benefits.
Cons
lack of communication from vp+ level down is very prevelant here
Great Company
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
I was only there a month, but the culture and company were great.
It was a very relaxed environment.

I would have liked to have been there longer to experience more an possibly advance.
Management Skills to Boot
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
I loved working as a Team Lead at Event Network (360 Chicago) because the lessons I learned there were beneficial to my development as an up-and-coming manager.
Pros
Learning about sales and the impact they have on the event industry.
Cons
Not enough hours so it was hard to make ends meet.
great learning experience, only flaw was the locale
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2015
Overall, this was a great job. Convenient location, good hours. I had good support from the district and regional managers. Being in a mall the caliber of applicants was decent at best. Unfortunately, the price point was just to much for the demographic of customers. The prices set were for a more upscale mall. The mall they chose was more lower middle class.
I've always been able to upsell, and increase the units per transaction. I know how to connect with people. I've always found ways to get peoples attention, without being pushy.
I really learned the importance of developing good relationships with vendors and buyers. I also learned how much product placement drives sales. Some times just changing a display can make a real difference.
Pros
diverse selection of products, high employee discount
Cons
short breaks, automatic shipments
Fun place to work for
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
This place can be tons of fun to work at. They encourage demoing products, to help interact with customers and show products. It really brings customer service to a new level.
Pros
lot of fun, changing environment
Cons
not a lot of room for growth, no benefits
It was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2015
Being able to play with, and sell toys was amazing. I was able to be myself, and get what I needed done. Being able to show the children how the toys worked, and watching their eyes light up was probably the best feeling in the world.
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2015
Event Network is very unorganized From the director on down. they are very unprofessional and the employer doesnt keep there word on anything that they say.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Not enough Hours.