Event Employee Reviews

A fun place to volunteer.
Assist in planning the annual fund raiser (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2017
I volunteer for a non-profit group 501(c) (3) that raise funds through the arts for high school seniors with an 2.0 to 2.9 GPA that has the desire to further their education.
Pros
bonuses, personnal day for birthdays
Cons
short breaks, sitting to long
Fun and friendly team environment
Planner (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMarch 2, 2017
Overall, event planning for a youth event was very time consuming as we had to plan out everything and make sure that all of the logistical issues were resolved in time for our event. It was a great experience to learn how to plan an entire event and to execute it. Introducing new sports to young kids was exciting as they had a fun time for the allotted two hours. As part of a semester long project for an event management class, it was a rewarding experience.
Pros
Teaching kids new sports
Cons
Time consuming
It was a face pace work environment that always kept you on your toes.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Point, GANovember 22, 2016
When I worked day shift the job was fast paced. There was always a call to lead or entermodes to pick up. When I moved to the weekend shift everything slowed down and sometimes the lack of calls and entermodes would get tedious. Overall it was a great job.
Pros
advancement opportunities in the beginning
Cons
high turnover rate
Productive and fun workplace.
Event Helper (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 27, 2016
Event services is an great for extra income. The job also helps you develop customer skills. All coworkers are one on the job for safety for the fans and employees. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is checked in at each gate and scanning their tickets. Most enjoyable meeting so many alumni from different parts of the country and servicing them.
Pros
You get to observe some of the events for free.
Cons
No benefits or incentives.
Successful Non-Profit
Volunteer/Co-Host (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCMay 4, 2016
Worked with May Street Bicycle Shop to help raise money/awareness for Operation Bandanas through hosting a Duathlon training series.
Pros
Raised $825
Cons
Not every person took on there own responsibilities.
Managed and hosted events for company events.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 14, 2016
On event days, the job was to make sure the guests had a memorable experience by providing the best possible service. At the same time, make sure the contract, between my company and the client, was upheld, in a safe and professional manner. On other days I worked in the warehouse, preparing for the events and working closely with the client to make sure their event was one to remember.
Customer Service
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MINovember 10, 2016
In the job you directly deal with customers all day every day, and their happiness is key to your success. Each event that takes place in the banquet hall is to be dealt with, with being punctual, kind, and good work ethic.
Student Athlete Summer Job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 1, 2016
- learned how to use different computer programs
- learned how to give tour guides and get to know people
- learned how to write many recruiting letters, handwritten
- learned to work in a small office with several people
-hardest part of the job was when people were moody and did not want to do their part in working as a team
- most enjoyable part of the job was that I learned the recruiting process of the NCAA and rules of Division 1 programs
fun work place :)
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 4, 2016
Cheerful, warm smilie, energetic
bubbly, love people,animals
excellent service to members/guests always
Teamwork is key!
WEDDING PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2015
Being self-employed each day has its pros and cons. Generally, my day begins with reviewing marketing approach and a list of contacts. If I am currently working a wedding I review their budgets for risk of scope creep. I set up meetings with venues for the ceremony and the reception, florists, caterers, create menu, coordinate with rentals, food vendors, motorcade, chauffeurs and other service personnel. Negotiating or getting callbacks from the vendors to commit to a scheduling can be difficult. I proactively set up extra time in my timeline to prevent problems that would impact timelines or prohibit the event from staying on schedule. It all pays off when the vendor’s work together to deliver breath taking and memorable special celebrations.
Pros
Flextime
Cons
Salary
A mostly positive experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 22, 2014
I learned many crucial skills required to be a sales associate: how to count money quickly and efficiently, maintain a clean environment, provide help for each customer, display clothing and accessories on floor as well as on mannequins, and how to handle situations involving irate customers. Management was relatively sufficient, but I had little contact with co-workers as shifts were always completed alone. The hardest part of the job was the "no refund" policy. It was the source of more than one issue with customers. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was the creative liberty when deciding what clothing to display together. Overall, I was glad to have this as a first job. Very enlightening experience.
Independent professional
TORTUGA COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL 2016 (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 21, 2016
Tortuga festival was alot of fun. I work at the pizza concession stand as a kitchen floater. I served great food and listen to some of country's best music.
Love my University
Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 14, 2016
Nice student-worker job and flexible hours. Supervisors do a great job at developing students professionally. I enjoyed working here this past year. For Uindy Students Only.
cool
crew (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2014
learned from management and my co-workers that hard work pay off not saying the job was hard but just work hard and someone will see.
Very Productive Place to work
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2013
Specialize in developing cost effective strategies, yielding our clients exceptional results. Supervise the production of specialty advertisements and promotional campaigns.
Work closely with event coordinators, hotels to develop banquets rooms and dinner menus to insure the nominal detail was met within the clients budget.
I enjoyed being part of providing a service for clients
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
work hours
Independent Events & Meeting Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 2, 2012
A Certified Meeting Professional with a proven record of strong leadership and management skills, specializing in event/meeting planning, sales/marketing and non profit management; as well as building and maintaining client and vendor relationships.
physically straining
[ Talent Recruiter ] (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 10, 2013
because i had to constantly sound like a radio personality, on some weeks ill lose my voice and hours wasn't always set i gold.
alot of overtime available but never paid correct amount EVER.
REASON FOR LEAVING IS I RECEIVED A CHECK WITH 125 HOURS WORKED AND ONLY GOT PAID 6 HOURS IN OVER TIME .... AND WASNT THE FIRST TIME,

but was a relaxed environment which i enjoyed
Pros
environment
Cons
management
flexible and fun to work with
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 26, 2012
I usually come at work fifteen minutes before the time. I am currently working as a executive assistant in one of the hotels here in my place. I am looking for bigger challenges and broaden my horizons. I can easily work with people. I did not find any difficulties in my jobs since i have a time management and i am very organize person.
Productive and fun place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2016
The co-workers are friendly and helpful. I gained a lot of real experiences. The most attractive thing is flexible work time.
Not a very good place to work
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 10, 2015
I was initially offered substantial hours but was frequently called off of work. The management was not very well run and the establishment was not up to code. I quit after only being given 2 hours of work a day/3 days a week.
Pros
job experience
Cons
Not enough hours and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Event. Our community is ready to answer.