Event Employee Reviews

Good people who work as a team
FlatBed Operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 11, 2015
You can work alone or in groups too complete a task or assignment. Good working hours and flexed envoirment. Seeing an assignment completed and the finished product.
Pros
Free lunch at Comarica Park or Ford Field
productive and fast-paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2015
Working in a setting such as the Convention Center affords an opportunity to interact with people of very diverse backgrounds, both professionally and personally.
Fun Place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  RenoSeptember 13, 2015
I worked as a Security Guard for special events. I became a team lead supervisor. I provided security for concerts, conventions, construction and other special events. I worked only part time for 3 years.
Pros
Fun Venues
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Busy Atmosphere
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2015
Making sure all guest had proper reservations for the shuttle vans and transportation processing of credit cards and customer service. I really enjoyed working here.
WEDDING PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2015
Being self-employed each day has its pros and cons. Generally, my day begins with reviewing marketing approach and a list of contacts. If I am currently working a wedding I review their budgets for risk of scope creep. I set up meetings with venues for the ceremony and the reception, florists, caterers, create menu, coordinate with rentals, food vendors, motorcade, chauffeurs and other service personnel. Negotiating or getting callbacks from the vendors to commit to a scheduling can be difficult. I proactively set up extra time in my timeline to prevent problems that would impact timelines or prohibit the event from staying on schedule. It all pays off when the vendor’s work together to deliver breath taking and memorable special celebrations.
Pros
flextime
Cons
salary
Not a very good place to work
Team Member/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 10, 2015
I was initially offered substantial hours but was frequently called off of work. The management was not very well run and the establishment was not up to code. I quit after only being given 2 hours of work a day/3 days a week.
Pros
job experience
Cons
not enough hours and poor management
cool
crew (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2014
learned from management and my co-workers that hard work pay off not saying the job was hard but just work hard and someone will see.
Great
MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2014
I enjoy event planning. I went to school for event management.
Excellent in Graduate education
Interim Dean (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 23, 2014
It was an interesting time to support the journey of accreditation in the AAMFT program
A mostly positive experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 22, 2014
I learned many crucial skills required to be a sales associate: how to count money quickly and efficiently, maintain a clean environment, provide help for each customer, display clothing and accessories on floor as well as on mannequins, and how to handle situations involving irate customers. Management was relatively sufficient, but I had little contact with co-workers as shifts were always completed alone. The hardest part of the job was the "no refund" policy. It was the source of more than one issue with customers. The most enjoyable aspect of this job was the creative liberty when deciding what clothing to display together. Overall, I was glad to have this as a first job. Very enlightening experience.
Productive and fun work place
Production Assistant/ Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 11, 2013
I loved this job. Very stressful and fast paced. Worked cohesively with others to make sure event was set up to the customers expectations. It was an awesome feeling to be apart of such a big day for other people that they will remember for the rest of their life.
Fun, family oriented business
Manager (Former Employee) –  hammond, LASeptember 26, 2013
This is the kind of job that keeps the employees around for years. Its a fun and professional atmosphere. Everyone works as a team. The management is amazing and the food is great
Flexible
Staff, Usher, Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 8, 2013
Able to select my shifts according to my class schedule. Also get to watch the athletic events for free and working with my peers is a great way to make connects and new friends
Very Productive Place to work
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 20, 2013
Specialize in developing cost effective strategies, yielding our clients exceptional results. Supervise the production of specialty advertisements and promotional campaigns.
Work closely with event coordinators, hotels to develop banquets rooms and dinner menus to insure the nominal detail was met within the clients budget.
I enjoyed being part of providing a service for clients
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
work hours
too short
catering Coordinator and Entertainment Lia (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 27, 2013
meet lots of new people
director excellent person
Pros
getting to meet new people
Cons
job didnt last long enough county had budget cuts
flexible and fun to work with
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesDecember 26, 2012
I usually come at work fifteen minutes before the time. I am currently working as a executive assistant in one of the hotels here in my place. I am looking for bigger challenges and broaden my horizons. I can easily work with people. I did not find any difficulties in my jobs since i have a time management and i am very organize person.
upscale
c (Former Employee) –  Bedford NHDecember 6, 2012
This company was an upscale Restaurant and Event Center Facility which was sold several years ago to make way for a Lexus dealership. It had very upscale professional service.
Pros
very fast paced - the day went quickly
Cons
only some did the detailed work while others floated along
Independent Events & Meeting Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasOctober 2, 2012
A Certified Meeting Professional with a proven record of strong leadership and management skills, specializing in event/meeting planning, sales/marketing and non profit management; as well as building and maintaining client and vendor relationships.
Fun. Need to have fun with work.
Senior Production Manager (Current Employee) –  NCompassAugust 25, 2012
I enjoy the creative build-it-from-scratch process whether it be in a convention center, parking lot or that funky event space that's just right. I've been involved with so many facets of event design and production that it's exciting to see what crosses over to make an event experience more than what anyone expected.
Pros
not having pizza for meals on-site
Cons
having pizza for meals on-site
Great Place long hours
Business Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  raleigh, ncJune 11, 2012
It was demanding work but very challenging
great people
very noisey
rewarding
loved it
Pros
meeti new people