Everest College Employee Reviews

Found 1,212 reviews matching the search
Taught English Composition & peech
English, Speech and Communications, Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great place to work. The students were appreciative and eager to learn. My administrative team was amazing and I loved teaching there. We received regular training on how to serve our students more efficiently.
Pros
Availability of teaching opportunities
Cons
Certification Issues
Thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Bremerton Everest College
Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job was to see a student give up on themselves and their future by way of not coming back to class or calling to say they were not coming back. My passion is to teach self-efficacy and voice empowerment and when a human being does not see their worth and just gives up and becomes unreachable it is a sad moment.
Average company, but can be very demanding and stressful
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Low employee morale and lack of employee support. I learned to produce positively through adversity. Unprofessional campus management that lacked encouragement and demeans employees. The hardest part of the job is dealing with dealing with the unprofessionalism of management which created a hostile environment and encouraged discord between co-workers. The best part of the job was my personal compassion for assisting the students with a life changing education. Great company to work with, but management is in need of professional training in the areas of leadership and creating/maintaining a positive environment.
Pros
Benefits and the opportunity to make a difference within the community
Productive relaxed environment
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 14, 2017
I met with and helped students with all their concerns and issues. I learned how to be more compassionate with other peoples situations and struggles. I was my own boss. Work place culture was good. The hardest part of the job was listening to some of the things the students were having to go through and had to deal with in their lives on a daily bases. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to give them the helpful tools by providing information for the appropriate resources.
Pros
Helping Students
Cons
Students that didn't take advantage of useful information.
Decent pay but not a secure place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 14, 2017
Everest college is not a good place to work. There is constant pressure from management to exceed goals, but they don't give the proper tools to be successful.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unstable
Very stressful.
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 12, 2017
I would get there at 8am . Wouldnt get out until 10pm sometimes 12pm. I was driving over 100 miles one way.They cheated on students hours for their internship.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Poorly ran college.
Not an honest company
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 10, 2017
Company went bankrupt. Company was about making money for themselves. They truly did not have their students best interest at heart. A typical day at work consisted on canvasing High Schools to get into classroom to do presentation to the senior classes.
No comment
Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
This school has closed. Too many false promises made to the students that went to this school. Management does not stick to their word. The students were very friendly to work with but I would not go into this field due to some information that was I uncovered that could lead to criminal charges.
Enjoyed working with company
Student Finance Planner (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 6, 2017
Wonderful staff and students. Had to remind myself not to take the job personally. Helping students fulfill their dream of attending college. Overrime
Pros
hours
Fair
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2017
Won't have to drive from work to school or vise versa. you''re already there.Everyone is really friendly keeping a fun,easy going environment.You will learn basic office skills
This school is close.
Financial Aid Rep (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 1, 2017
Everest College was a great school. Great health benefits and 401k.However, it's now close. It's been close for the past 2 years. I truly believe that if the company was still open. I will love to work there again.
Everest College
Education Chair (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 31, 2017
I worked for Everest before the change to Non-Profit. I am sure the culture has changed, but the previous culture was very high stress. The goals were very hard to reach, and you were penalized if you didn't reach them by working weekends. I hope they have taken these stressful goals away from teachers and just let them teach their students.
fast past and productive work place
Receptionist (Work Study Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
I worked at the front desk answering a high call volume. helping new students with orientation and creating the packets for the students. book store as well
Exciting and interesting
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 27, 2017
Working with students, faculty, and staff was very productive. Positive and upbeat environment. Improved writing and verbal skills. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help students due to eligibility.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No health benefits for part-time
okay
Full-Time Student (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great school to attend and fun environment wonderful class and staff hands on learning experience great tortures clean and trust worthy people excellent
This was not a job
Certification of Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Tacoma WaJuly 25, 2017
This was not a job an d this was my education. I do not have an opinion because of these reasons.

I don't know what else to say as I was an honor student/ambassador.
Pros
fun
Cons
late night hours away from family
Enviornment
Admissions & Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612July 23, 2017
Excellent staff who could be strict at times. Many people who remain money motivted. Interesting place where people wanted others to become successful.
It's a nice work place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 20, 2017
It was a nice experience to work at Everest Institute and I'm glad I work there it help me be more confident on what I do am an help me speak more in what's on my mind.
Management was strict but there were great experiences there
Admissions & Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33612July 19, 2017
Typical days were long, but enjoyable. There were times of pot lucks consistently. Also many people were nice and very pleasant to work with. The pay was great as well
Bad Place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
They laid off everyone that was helping people be successful, they also did not care about if you were working to save students they fired everyone for nothing.