Everest College Employee Reviews

Found 1,080 reviews matching the search
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Your job is your job. You are never doing something else besides your job. The best thing about the job is that you have the opportunity to change peoples lives.
Hands on training
Kipp Austin College Prep work study assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2016
Everest Institute was a great college to attend because they didn't take all your money and they taught you everything you need to know about your field. If you felt uncomfortable or worried, the staff would be right there to watch you and take care of you.
Pros
Celebrations in the lounges
Cons
Short breaks, not enough time for lunch
• Assist staff with event preparation and other related tasks as assigned.
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 5, 2016
• Provide clerical support in the Library, scanning documents, filing, photocopying,
• Offer information about Student Services to visitors, applicants, and students.
• Assist staff with event preparation and other related tasks as assigned.
• Organize & help with the bookstore.
A great place to grow and was sad to see it go.
Director of Admissions -New Student / Re-Entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 30, 2016
It was a very diverse place to work and there was a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth. I learned a lot about being a leader in relation to what works and what doesn't work. I learned to enjoy the relational part of sales and how to build lasting relationships and trust with our clients. The hardest part about the job was learning to take feedback in a real time environment and implement that feedback on the fly without losing your step. The best part about the job was the people to include our internal and external customers. it was unfortunate that the school was not able to keep it together and maintain all of their campuses. Ours was lost unfortunately.
Pros
Had an arcade, which was nice for breaks.
Cons
The Coffee machine was in need of repair a lot of the time.
productive and fun work place
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2016
A typical work day at work is always a good time , I always enjoy my time at work. I also have a positive vibe when I'm at work. My coworkers always enjoyed my fun, positive attitude.
Good financial aid experience
Finance Advisor (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 23, 2016
I gained much knowledge about financial aid for college. I was able to help guide prospective students to make good financial choices when attending school for the first time. I didn't like some of the systems we used, seemed to be slow and have outdated information. I did like the environment, very positive internally.
productive workplace with room to grow
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2016
I loved working there and working with potential students. The best part of my job was constantly being busy and the ability to help other employees in my group complete a students financial package.
Pros
ability to excell
Nice place to work
Senior Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 17, 2016
A rewarding place to work due to friendly co-workers and many eager students ready to learn. Each day brought on new challenges due to student culture which allowed me to learn. Unfortunately, this school cleaned house of all their talented employees. Most schools were closed and they were bought out by a non-profit organization.
Fantastic School
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed working at this school. They have an excellent medical assisting program. The program instructors are excellent and very knowledgeable about their field of training.
fun place to work, staff was great
Student Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
Everest was an excellent place to work. Great room for advancement. many job classifications to move up the ladder. Business Office was fun as well challenging place of employment
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay not quite as high as some
High Turnover
Academic Program Director (Allied Health Advisor) (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 14, 2016
Everest is getting better, but it's a very intense environment. The President is very knowledgeable, but the rest of them need development on soft skills.
Pros
love teaching students
Cons
Management is awful
Great place to work our President is down to earth. Meetings are held with enthusiasm
Student Finance Processor (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 9, 2016
Good management,
Need more work ethics and coordination with dept heads.
Too much pressure to meet numbers for admissions and financial aid processors work on weekends and evening.
Pros
Great place with our president
Cons
No coordination amongst dept.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 3, 2016
Great work environment but could use a little more improvement on the organization of the files, information, and etc..
Pros
Decent pay and friendly co workers
Cons
Organization needs improvment
It was a fun place to work hard.
Student Finance Planner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
We use to have a great group of people who all worked hard together. It is now become a place that is very unstable. We take a lot of phone calls mostly from students looking for their stipend. The processes change and information is not freely given on how to navigate these processes.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Lack of job security
Great Place to Work
Regional Director of Admissions Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2016
Evers was one of the best places I've ever worked great pay, great energy and great management . Work/life balance was perfect.
Private vocational college
Medical Assistant Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2016
It was a great company to work for, but it was unfortunately it was closed by the department of education. there is nothing else to say about this company since they are not in business since April 2015
Ok place but ethics not good
Extern Tracker Career Services (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 20, 2016
The department I worked in was great, team building, and good people to work with, unfortunately company did not have the best ethics in helping student to find Jobs after program was completed. I am a witness they Hired me to keep me quite, and they are no linger in business.
great school
Program Director (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work at and amazing staff. Qualified staff and excellent communication within the company.
Was able to balanced well with life and work.
fun workplace
Admissions Counselor/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
This was a sit down job. You have to have patience with the students as well as with the people you work with. You are constantly on the phone and computer which makes time go by fast.
School is closing
Campus President/Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa/Largo, FLJuly 14, 2016
Everest University was a great place to work. It felt good to go to work every day knowing you would make an impact on someone's life.
Pros
Interaction with Students, great Faculty and Staff
Cons
School is closing

2.9