Everest College Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search
Great benefits
Massage Therapy Instructor/Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 28, 2016
The pay was average but the benefits make it worth it. One of the few places where I got full benefits as a part time employee, especially for a teaching position. The school has gone through many changes and has had negative impact because of its previous ownership by Corinthian Colleges. It went from a for profit school and is now not-for profit under the Zenith Education Group. Many layoffs so the environment so job security was nil. Overall great coworkers and great student body. My program was cut because of it was not a big program to begin with but the MA and Dental Assist programs are great with good instructors.
benefits
Cons
job security during restructuring
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 22, 2016
Great company. Awesome culture student centered. The new company has never been in the education business, which makes it hard to meet their mission
Pros
SALARY
Cons
CLOSING OF SCHOOLS
Wish they offerred full-time hours
Adjunct and On Call Instructor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 25, 2016
I would have given a higher rating had they worked with me on compensation...only part-time instruction available. I did enjoy the classroom environment. I loved my students and was always proud of their achievements. I enjoyed helping people learn and succeed...but it was not enough to pay the bills.
Pros
Teaching and helping students acheive goals
Cons
Hours and pay
Top Heavy
Senior Registrar (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 24, 2016
This company focuses on how to save money by eliminating positions and terminating people instead of investing to improve business revenue.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Top Heavy
Satisfying, bringing life to new minds!
Instructor - Allied Health (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 3, 2015
Everest's goal is to educate, prepare and empower students for the future. Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside with my students, colleagues and learning from them. Company offers awesome benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Great Company-Great Benefits
Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMarch 12, 2016
It was a great company. They cared about employees and their development. People had good benefits. Working there was fun.
Fun places to work at, great training.
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Great place to work for, excellent benefits and great managers. Managers help you on a daily basis to do better, they mentor you and always give you all the help you need to move up in the company.
Pros
its not good when managers hire their friends.
Management is not on same page
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OhioOctober 14, 2015
After being employed for a few years, management has changed roughly every 6 months. The stress level is intense, and threats are very common. pay is awesome. employees have been asked to do unethical reporting to maintain their student outcomes. many hours worked go unpaid, with false promises for promotions or raises. faculty works incredibly hard, but extremely unappreciated. avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
pay check
Cons
healthcare, benefits, lack of raises, unethical
Everest University
Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2015
Everest University is a wonderful school to work for. It provided a sense of belonging and the students had all the resources they needed to be successful. As a career counselor, I enjoyed working with individuals who had a career in mind, and I help bring their goals to life. My ultimate joy was watching the students walked down the aisle at graduation and them being placed in their career field that they worked so hard to get.
Pros
Awesome benefits, teamwork, and sense of belonging
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Enjoyable place to work
Program Director/nstructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed my job with Everest since 2009. Company was purchased from Corinthian Colleges by Zenith Education Group and my particular program was closed
Pros
Benefits, work environment
Cons
program closed

Want to know more about Everest College?

Ask a question
Empowerment toward Education. On the job learning experience..as of today the company has close
Financial aid officer (Former Employee) –  111 NW 183 Street Miami, Florida 33169 suite 200July 18, 2015
Fast pace, Job seminars per management to keep employees up to date with Government Changes. Coworkers were Team players we work hard to get the job done to satisfy the student. Hardest part of the job was to help students contact IRS for information to complete the Government FAFSA to enroll in school..BUT the enjoyable part was getting the job done..
Pros
vacations, health benefits was great, Directors and Campus President had a Open Door Policy for Employees and Students.
Cons
Due to Class Starts it met that it will be long hours (overtime) to process new students.
A great place to grow and was sad to see it go.
Director of Admissions -New Student / Re-Entry (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 30, 2016
It was a very diverse place to work and there was a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth. I learned a lot about being a leader in relation to what works and what doesn't work. I learned to enjoy the relational part of sales and how to build lasting relationships and trust with our clients. The hardest part about the job was learning to take feedback in a real time environment and implement that feedback on the fly without losing your step. The best part about the job was the people to include our internal and external customers. it was unfortunate that the school was not able to keep it together and maintain all of their campuses. Ours was lost unfortunately.
Pros
Had an arcade, which was nice for breaks.
Cons
The Coffee machine was in need of repair a lot of the time.
Motivating environment to work in
Continuing Student Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2016
In my three years with Everest I held quite a few positions.I started off t only inbound calls where I helped students with academic advising, assisted with walking students with the FAFSA, and transferring them to the correct person. I soon became an Academic adviser. A typical day at work would be taking inbound calls that were part of my queue of 200 students that I advised as their Academic adviser, I also made outbound calls to each student everyday to make sure they were getting their homework and assignments in on time. I enjoyed my co workers and management a great deal.
Pros
Working with students to achieve their goals with their desired degree
Cons
When students would quit school before they graduated
Terrible Lack of Ethical Standards
Student Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 5, 2016
I left Everest Institute shortly after I realized the horrendous lack of ethics by which this company ran their hundreds of schools all over Canada and the United States. I could not work for a company that lied to their students just to get them enrolled; and passed the students so their graduation rates were high even though the students did not indeed pass their classes. They set their students up for failure once they went out into the workforce and their tuition was unbelievably high. I was a happy woman when I learned every one of the Everest Institutes were finally closed with multiple law suits pending.
Pros
Cons
No concern for students. Purely profit seeking.
For profit college can be a challange to work for.
Supervisor Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 5, 2016
Typical day is to make 100 phone calls to prospective students. Sell them a dream that they will receive a productive degree, diplomas etc. The sad part is that their degrees can't place them into a job and they ended up with high student loan debt. Management was still believe in the micro-mangement style. We are constantly being monitor through technology every second of the day as to how many phone calls we made and how many students we talked to, but human micro-manager was also breath in your neck. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to talk with the prospective students and helped them to see the career path.
Pros
Have met many sweet students. The pay was decent
Cons
No advancement and Poorly management that lead the company to corruptions
Good people to work with, but the workplace feels unstable.
Student Services Advisor Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2016
I was employed there from 2011 - 2016. During my 5 years with Everest, there were 6 major layoffs. The people there became like a family, but the climate was very unstable in the workplace, and it became very nerve racking, not knowing how long your job would last. They tell me they are not currently hiring, but it appears as if they are, under the name ECMC or Zenith Education Group.

A typical day included inbound and outbound calls, challenging metrics to meet, and constant phone monitoring on every call. I learned how to service students, coach them to stay active in school, and worked hard to keep them enrolled in school.
Pros
Good benefits plan.
Cons
High turnover.
Great Place to get experience
Master Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJune 12, 2016
This is where I got my experience in Admissions/Sales. It was the first time I had to call leads and show them that through career focused education they can open doors. My first Director taught me so much and he encouraged me tap into my potential. The hardest part of the job though was leaving. I had made such great friends there, some I still keep in touch with today. The most enjoyable part of my job, was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Health benefits, vacation packages, and working with a great team
Cons
Company was closing campus and I seen it coming
Great Place, but times were tough
GED Coordinator/Director of Education (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2015
While I worked there, we experienced multiple layoffs and cutbacks. Although the work environment was superb, and we had great people on staff, the problem from previous ownership persisted, and since the negative press was fairly constant, our "new" school suffered from the correlation that most people made that we were the same people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Multiple layoffs and downsizing
Everest College
Administrative Assistant/ Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2015
The work and salary was great. I learned how to fire student files and how to sort different files. Typical day at work would me filing new reports and assisting in the front office by answering phones, helping students and guests. Management was great. They all were professional and had a great work ethic. My co-workers were friendly and we all got along well. Hardest part of my job was having to clock out on point, meaning I could not go over my hours. The most enjoyable part was just having a great time at work and meeting new people and students.
Pros
Working with students, teachers ad guests.
Cons
Having only a certain amount of hours total to work.
Great campus horrible company
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 24, 2016
The personnel that work here are the absolute best. Very genuine people who want to see students succeed in life. The students are my biggest motivation to come to work. Unfortunately corporate initiatives do not line up with any of the aforementioned. There is little to no job security, advancement opportunities are non existent
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
poor corporate leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everest College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9