Everest University

Everest University Employee Reviews

Rewarding place of employment
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 22, 2015
Supportive leadership team, excellent employees, and a deliverable mission to assist both the internal and external customer.
My typical day at work
Instructor/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Watching students grow
Cons: Not having enough resource for our students
My work week was Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. I lectured students for an hour, instructed students in computer lab daily for an hour, an observed them in lab daily for two hours. I learned how to teach what I had learned over the years.
Fun place to work
Master Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Nice work place
Cons: No job security.
A lot of layoffs working for the company you never know when it's your turn to be laid off or fired. The reason is the low productions of enrollments of potential students interested in school.
Rewarding place to work.
Program Lead and Senior Business Instructor (Current Employee), Tampa Florida (worked from home)July 2, 2015
Pros: Good environment to work.
Cons: Working from home had its downsides.
I taught undergraduate students in management in an online environment. The job fit in with my teaching skills and provided a rewarding opportunity to participate in the educational advancement of the students I taught. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the university's antiquated computer systems, but I had great co-workers with whom to share these duties.
Work study
Work study (Current Employee), MelbourneJune 30, 2015
Good, I enjoy my job. I like the interaction with all the students and staff. Great experience working here and learning here.
online schooling
Criminal Justice (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 21, 2015
Pros: That I completed work on my on time
Cons: I was taking to many classes at one time
Taking online classes was very convenient, and none stressful. The work load for class work and homework where knowledgeable and with clear understanding
Wonderful co-workers, understanding and helpful management personnel.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Generous benefit package for full-time and part-time employees, very caring, upbeat working environment.
Cons: Unstable employment status due to new ownership, lay-offs.
Helpful, encouraging, enthusiastic working environment. Unfortunately, recent changes in ownership have caused an unstable employment environment for many employees.
It was never an issue to assist a co-worker with projects.
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: It was never an issue to assist a co-worker with projects.
The floor I worked on was large and welcoming. It was diverse and management was supportive. Phones were busy but we were able to take our breaks and we worked as a team. It was never an issue to assist a co-worker with projects. Hardest part of the job I would have to say was saying good bye to my co-workers.
Company went out of business.
College Advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 8, 2015
The company went out of business. It was not a good place to work or grow. The leadership was terrible and did not work for the student or the employees.
Like the staff , not good management
Medical Assistant Adjunct Instruction (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: management
I worked their for 3 years. Everest had a lot of issues in finance that I disagree with but of course I mind my own business.
Everest University is a place to jump start your career. The Faculty and Staff gives you the tools that you need to succeed.
Executive Assistant to the Campus President (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
Every day is a learning experience. A typical day consists of classes and project to complete. Everyday, I learn the art of conversation; listening and responding. My co-workers are professional. . The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new aspect of the University Administrative area.
good work environment
Counselor (Former Employee), Tempe, Az.May 27, 2015
the work place was great to come to everyday. Flexible management that were very understanding and patient with your personal life. Co- workers worked hard right beside you...
Entry level experience
Career Representative (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: most weekends off
Cons: low salary and no mobility
You are paid a low salary regardless of past work experience and credentials. High positions only need Bachelor level degrees to work here.
Everest University
Extern Coordinator (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 15, 2015
Pros: Monthly lunches, rewards for meeting goals
Cons: Competing against co-workers for placement numbers, crisis of conscience to place inadequate students in externships.
Fast paced environment, managed students during externships for appearance, attendance, performance. Tracked data on students, assisted them with job search. Computer program used was archaic. Dedicated co-workers. Corporate culture was competitive, high pressure to ensure student employment after graduation for bean counters. Most enjoyable part of the job was guiding and working with the students who were motivated to succeed, preparing them for new careers. The hardest part of the job was having to find places and positions for students who were not good performers, pressure from supervisors and administration to get them into externships in spite of weaknesses.
Great enviornment!
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Get to make a difference in others lives
Cons: The scrunity of the industry
As an admissions manager, associate director, I managed a team of 15 reps and enjoyed every minute of it. With positive energy and consistency, our team was able to make it through some of the hardest times in the industry. I was able to utilize skills such as strategic planning, training, and reporting daily to ensure productivity. I thoroughly enjoyed being a leader and managing such an enthusiastic team!
Productive workplace
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), TampaMay 7, 2015
Enjoyed the company. Enjoyed my Boss and co workers. Everest wen through some rough times, but management at my campus did right by their employees. The industry itself is dying so jobs were being cut
Best people ive ever worked with, corporate cannot be trusted
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMay 1, 2015
I considered everyone who worked with me like family. All of us generally worked hard and worked for one another to do the best we could. Despite achieving a lot and serving students well, the business overrides everything. New owners tricked us all by coming in very positive and ensuring us that we had nothing to worry about. However just 2 months after taking over, they laid off over 100 people company wide. The layoffs came completely out of no where and all included were basically here today gone tomorrow. Many of whom survived 2 previous workforce reductions and had many years of service. I would tell anyone not to work there but best keep your online job search turned on while youre there.
No job security
Admissions Representative II (Former Employee), FloridaApril 30, 2015
There is no job security with this organization. Due to recently acquisition, evaluation of positions on all levels are being conducted and layoffs are occurring.
Student Finance Planner (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great place
Cons: none
I enjoyed assisting students via phones with obtaining options for financial aid. Helping them get all of their paperwork in order.
Assisted the admissions representatives with getting students financially cleared for their prospective start dates.

Management was laid back but knowledgeable and approachable.

Co-workers were awesome.
information
Team Leader (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaApril 28, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: none
the company does not download information to employees fast enough. The company has a great working environment and people appear to want to be at work and are happy.

1 2 3 4 5