Everest University

Everest University Employer Reviews

Little opportunity for growth
Director of Student Accounts (Former Employee), FLJuly 14, 2014
Little opportunity for growth. Management has very little say in daily operations.
Great place to work at with a positive atmosphere
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2014
It's a great feeling to know that you have the support team, of your staff, to work together in changing potential students lives. Overall, a great place to learn and grow.
Able to improve my leadership
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great management team
Cons: not stable enviornment
I enjoy the daily interaction and problems solving opportunities that arise with each of my students. I have learned how to multi-task and displaying good leadership.
Good work environment and fun workplace
Work Study Student Accounts (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 5, 2014
A typical day of work for me is coming in to work everyday doing the same thing in the same way. Also, learning the ways to run a office. Even though it was a work study job.
This, for me, has been an incredible company to work for in every way
Senior Admissions Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, Fl.July 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork and synergy, the globel belief in changing students lives
Cons: not being informed at the campus level of the meltdown of the corporation in a timely manner.
I believe in Everest University, mostly at the campus level. It is a close family unit, and that INCLUDES students. They have always done right by the students and prospects alike. I have been there a more than 10 years, and loved every minute of it.
Experience to adapt to any situation
Instructor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2014
Pros: steady income, vacation and holiday pay, insurance
Cons: no breaks, deadlines, numbers over quality
Inspiring new Massage Therapist.
I became a better massage therapist through teaching others how to become one.
Enjoy the job, but need more job secuirty.
Online Division, Instructor (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good administrative support.
Cons: lacked job security.
Good place to work. But, lacked job security. I generally taught one to two classes per quarter. Enjoyed great administrative support and feedback. Thoroughly enjoyed interacting with my students and the opportunities to participate in in-service and professional development activities. The most difficult part of the job was the uncertainty each quarter – more... on whether or not I would be assigned classes. – less
Everest University has created ups and down since 2012.
Student Services Advisor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers, students and the benefits
Cons: change in management, changes the university has made and the situation i have been put through.
My job as an advisor when I first started in 2011 was amazing and the management was wonderful to work with. I work with 200-230 students helping the student with their academic success. As an advisor I am supportive, empathetic, patient and a good listener. My first two years with Everest University helped developed some of my strengthens and also – more... my weaknesses. I have built life lasting relationships and seen students graduate after all their hard work.

During 2013 situations and issues started to arise within the company. Many of my hard working co-workers and managers started being laid off. Everest started doing budget cuts and this has created a hostile environment and the changes have not been for the good. I completely understand things change but this has been an unmanageable environment along with multiple changes that have created a workplace that I no longer want to be a part of. – less
Productive and challenging work place
Work Study - Administrative Support (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 1, 2014
I like to work here but they don't offer any bonuses and raise for a very long time
Productive and Fun workplace
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 28, 2014
Pros: many pros.
Cons: parent company cci is experiencing some issues currently, and stock is trading very low.
Employees are treated well. The school provides a great product for getting a degree online.
Great Company to Work for
Regional Vice President of Admissions (Current Employee), East CoastJune 25, 2014
Extensive travel
Love helping studnets acheive thier dreams
Changing the lifes of my students.
Academic Advisor (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 20, 2014
Pros: nice building to work in.
Cons: no chance for advancement.
Over the past year and a half, I have been working for Everest University Online, a Division of Corinthian Colleges Inc. I was employed in April of 2013 and started work as a student service advisor within the New Start Department. As an advisor, I worked with students to insure a smooth transition into the role of a student. In late September of 2011, – more... I was hired on as a high risk coordinator in the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Department. During the time I worked with students on improve their academic status by providing addition support, motivation and resource to promote further success. In January, 2013 I volunteered to move over to the New Start Department as a Student Success Coach were I will be available to assist my peers with the knowledge I gained while working with the Satisfactory Academic Progress Department.

I have been working on an individual development plan that includes creating a Team Building Committee as well as ensure my professional growth and advancement within the organization. With many of these experiences and more, I feel my skills & knowledge with allow me to perform effectively within many positions.

The most difficult part of my job is not being able to reach all of my at risk student population due to lack of resources, although one of my special project teams has the ability to locate and report through media networks that have recently been made available through my suggestions and commitment levels.

Conversely, the most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to reach out to my students and feel that I have their trust and knowing that I make a difference in their lives and when I am thanked by them and family memebrs for believing in them. – less
My employment at Everest University provided me with career growth and development opportunities
Academic Program Director (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 14, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping students stay committed to the completion of their educational goals at the university.
SELLING DEGREE PROGRAMS ALL DAY LONG!
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: working directly with people
Cons: not able to see them face to face.
I love providing excellent customer service to people. My job all day is to seel college degrees and get a student motivated to want to change thier life.
I was not employed, I was a Massage Therapy student.
Student (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2014
Overall a wonderful school. Very competent instructors, hands on experience, small classes, great program.
Great Company but laying off until inevadible closure
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: the work schedule was fair, 2 late nights 2 early evenings everyone leaves at 6 pm on fridays and every 3rd weekend to work.
Cons: company is consistantly laying off staff.
I loved my daily routine. I am in constant contact with new and enrolled students who were excited to change their lives. They allowed me to be a part of that. The interaction with the staff were more like a family than colleges. Full of respect and friendly commitment to get the job done. The Managerial staff were motivating and the Senior and Executive – more... staff were always available to discuss matters of business with out the air of uncomfortable lines as many companies have. The hardest part of this job will be to leave after I have made many great friendships and connections across the company to include the cross functionality of the company. – less
Fun place to learn about financial aid and collections
STUDENT ACCOUNT/COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 5, 2014
Pros: being able to talk with students face to face
Cons: departments does not work together
Very productive and fun office, being able to assist students, explaining to them how the Federal funding works and why it is very important to keep up with the payment arrangements.
I'm just a work study
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 27, 2014
Pros: learning new things
Cons: some departments don't have enough for me to do
Enjoy working at Everest and my coworkers are great

The management needs work and need to learn communication with its employees
Sharing what I have learned over the years gives students a leg up.
HVAC Instructor (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLApril 23, 2014
Pros: helping students change their lives for the better.
Cons: trying to live on twenty hours a week.
Teaching is a learning experience within itself. I have met folks from all walks of life young and old, all with a desire to learn.
The student finance department makes it affordable for anyone
that has a desire and the will power to change their lives for the better.
The only draw back is that you are only a part time employee and twenty hours a week – more... just doesn't cut it today.
Teaching is fun and challenging, but nothing beats graduation day to understand why you became a teacher. – less
Everest University
Master Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 22, 2014
• Return inquiry calls promptly to potential students to give complete accurate information about programs
• Review applications for compliance and provide assistance to students during admissions applications
• Evaluate and resolve student inquiries and issues
• Act as Team Mentor to train new representatives on enrollment processes, programs, and – more... program overviews
• Exceeded within top 35% of Admissions staff, and awarded Manager’s Choice – less

1 2 3 4 5