Everest University Employee Reviews

Helping people achieve career goals.
Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: My co-workers
Cons: Layoffs
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Past student at Everest University
Student (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Classes available for morning and evening students
Cons: Would like to see a larger variety of classes.
The school is clean and well organized since being taken over by Zenith Corp. The Administration and Instructors are always willing to go the extra mile for their students. The school offers a 20% discount. Grants, unsubsidized and subsidized loans available to students of any age. The school was a great learning experience after I being out of school for over 40 years.
Good school
Student/Home Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2015
School is good to attend if you have the funds to pay your tuition. They charge you a high rate for student loans and then your stuck paying the bill for probably the rest of your life. A better way of learning because you dont have people over your shoulder but you have to be movitaved
Great
Receptionist (Former Employee), Largo, FLAugust 18, 2015
The people at Everest are like family. The company down sized and was bought by Zenith. I appreciate my opportunity to work there and am grateful for Tina, Junette, Shawnee, and Mark who were all strong role models in my career.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Instructor, Information Technology (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2015
The environment is friendly and professional. Staff is flexible at ensuring that you have what you need to perform the job adequately.
Interesting, varied job duties with energetic, encouraging staff.
Federal Work Study (Former Employee), Largo, FLAugust 11, 2015
Enjoyable work setting with positive coworkers. Each day had something new to do. Management was easy to talk with and open to ideas on problem solving. Frequent staff changes due to corporate buy-out was unfortunate.
Love it
student (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2015
LOVE THE TEACHERS AND STAFF. CLASSES ARE GREAT AND SMALL IN SIZE. AWESOME HOURS, FITS IN WITH SCHEDULE OF GRADE SCHOOL HOURS.
Great People to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part was the student. I also learned a lot from other stuff members and the one on one with the students in the class room. Atypical day would be making sure all the attendance was posted from the day before, answering phone calls. and helping out the President and Dean when there was a project due.
Great co workers
Massage professor/instructor (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and environment
Cons: Corporate headquarters on another state that did not know about requirements in this state
Former corporate structure was not the best, but not too bad.
They tended to do things both legal and ethical.
Co workers were a very great part of the job.
Rewarding place of employment
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 22, 2015
Supportive leadership team, excellent employees, and a deliverable mission to assist both the internal and external customer.
My typical day at work
Instructor/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Watching students grow
Cons: Not having enough resource for our students
My work week was Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. I lectured students for an hour, instructed students in computer lab daily for an hour, an observed them in lab daily for two hours. I learned how to teach what I had learned over the years.
Fun place to work
Master Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Nice work place
Cons: No job security.
A lot of layoffs working for the company you never know when it's your turn to be laid off or fired. The reason is the low productions of enrollments of potential students interested in school.
Rewarding place to work.
Program Lead and Senior Business Instructor (Current Employee), Tampa Florida (worked from home)July 2, 2015
Pros: Good environment to work.
Cons: Working from home had its downsides.
I taught undergraduate students in management in an online environment. The job fit in with my teaching skills and provided a rewarding opportunity to participate in the educational advancement of the students I taught. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the university's antiquated computer systems, but I had great co-workers with whom to share these duties.
Work study
Work study (Current Employee), MelbourneJune 30, 2015
Good, I enjoy my job. I like the interaction with all the students and staff. Great experience working here and learning here.
online schooling
Criminal Justice (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 21, 2015
Pros: That I completed work on my on time
Cons: I was taking to many classes at one time
Taking online classes was very convenient, and none stressful. The work load for class work and homework where knowledgeable and with clear understanding
Wonderful co-workers, understanding and helpful management personnel.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Generous benefit package for full-time and part-time employees, very caring, upbeat working environment.
Cons: Unstable employment status due to new ownership, lay-offs.
Helpful, encouraging, enthusiastic working environment. Unfortunately, recent changes in ownership have caused an unstable employment environment for many employees.
It was never an issue to assist a co-worker with projects.
Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: It was never an issue to assist a co-worker with projects.
The floor I worked on was large and welcoming. It was diverse and management was supportive. Phones were busy but we were able to take our breaks and we worked as a team. It was never an issue to assist a co-worker with projects. Hardest part of the job I would have to say was saying good bye to my co-workers.
Company went out of business.
College Advisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJune 8, 2015
The company went out of business. It was not a good place to work or grow. The leadership was terrible and did not work for the student or the employees.
Like the staff , not good management
Medical Assistant Adjunct Instruction (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: management
I worked their for 3 years. Everest had a lot of issues in finance that I disagree with but of course I mind my own business.
Everest University is a place to jump start your career. The Faculty and Staff gives you the tools that you need to succeed.
Executive Assistant to the Campus President (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2015
Every day is a learning experience. A typical day consists of classes and project to complete. Everyday, I learn the art of conversation; listening and responding. My co-workers are professional. . The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new aspect of the University Administrative area.