Everett Clinic Employee Reviews

very busy
Phlebotomy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 12, 2015
615 successful blood draws using standard procedures including venipuncture techniques, with straight needles, syringe and butterfly’s on adults, children and infants, I worked with pediatrics in correct infant PKU procedures
Organize and process daily patient requisition forms for blood and specimen collection
Interact with patients to obtain information, allay fears, explain procedures, and elicit cooperation
Facilitate unobserved collection of urine specimen
Process all human immunodeficiency virus specimens in accordance with established guidelines
Spun down blood and urine via centrifuge as necessary for specimen integrity as well as processing
Maintained and stocked supplies needed for daily operation
Used office equipment to perform telephone and other clerical duties
Outstanding patient, coworker, and supervisor support
Pros
great hours
Fun and supportive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 31, 2015
I liked working there, people often nice, and supportive , you feel like home, no stress, whoever there was an obstecle they are there to help you out to get through it
I performed my post-classroom Externship Training in the General Surgery Department at The Everett Clinic.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  General Surgery DepartmentOctober 30, 2014
The management at The Everett Clinic is committed to the professional and clinical growth of staff and students through their Externship program.
They take seriously, the training of students to become professional and skilled Certified Medical Assistants. In doing so, they provide a "Preceptor" (Trainer) Program to teach their staff "how to teach" students to be well-rounded and skilled Medical Assistants.
Students are guided and closely monitored during their on-the-job
externship training. There are guidelines in place, skill-based deadlines to be met, weekly reviews and a lot of relevant, hands-on training that goes on.
To ensure that the preceptors are dedicated and knowledgeable, they go through a training period and are provided a stipend.
No extern at The Everett Clinic is left to learn on their own. They are truly and fully trained.
That is not the case in some Externship programs outside of The Everett Clinic.
Pros
attentive, caring, kind and knowledgeable staff.
Horrible
MA (Former Employee) –  EverettSeptember 11, 2014
I worked at the cancer center in everett. The management team was awful. They gossiped about staff and patients. TEC claims to act swiftly with HIPPA violations but I witnessed daily RN's, PA's and MA's breaking this law. If you want your medical care private or not be made of fun after you check out, I would suggest going somewhere else. The biggest offenders are in lead positions. The manager there is lazy and too scared to stop it. The facility should be fined due to all the HIPPA violations. One RN was looking up her husbands information, when told she shouldn't due that, stated it was a dumb law so she wasn't going to follow it. Nurses not involved with a patients care go into their charts with no repercussions because the computer system used at that facility isn't the one used clinic wide so there's no way of tracking these violations. The worst part was the way the medical staff said horrible things about patients and their family members. Patients were picked apart behind closed doors. The bullying and retaliation used by staff is in epic proportions. They even had nurses stealing supplies and placing IVs on each other. When one nurse did the right thing and reported it everyone turned on that employee. There was a couple of RN's that loved their job, and the patients they cared for. But they have left the facility and are missed. If one of my family members got cancer I would drive the extra miles to seattle instead of going there. It's all about profit and not patient care. Stay away from that place!
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
worst place to work in ophthalmology
technician (Former Employee) –  foundersMarch 24, 2014
Management, what management? they promise you full time but don't give you space to work in. favoritism with technicians people come and go as they please. manager will tell you everything will work out as she leaves early everyday. they'll hire you for what you want and then tell where they want you to work. All you hear is whispering, and nobody helps each other and there is no coverage! worst place ever!
Pros
location: wage
Cons
money hungry doctors, no one in charge.
Entry level
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 29, 2013
Learned a lot about teamwork, and individual work. Lower level work.
Double standards, favorites, unreliable management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WADecember 12, 2013
TEC makes a big deal about being a great place to work. The reality is that you can expect to work in an environment where there are favorites, where bullying is tolerated, and where you are ultimately expendable. While the doctors and ACPs I worked for were amazing, the management was not, and the bullying that routinely went on within the departments was ignored at best and encouraged at worst. Employees are afraid to speak up for fear of retaliation.
Believe it, and you can achieve your professional goals at TEC
Former Customer Services Lead (Former Employee) –  Business ServicesFebruary 12, 2013
I worked at TEC in the Business Services Building for almost 9 years before choosing to try something different. I will always be grateful for the training, support and value TEC gave me. Management cares about staff and is 100% vested in their success. Overall, a fabulous place to work.
Pros
great people, great benefits, great leadership
Work experience at Everett Clinic
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  SilverlakeJanuary 12, 2013
I worked at the Everett Clinic from 2000 until 2003. It was a horrible work environment there. As a Medical Assistant you are regarded as an always replaceable instrument to do most of the work in the clinic. Nurses were lazy and put their feet up during work times and the manager who was also a nurse was the laziest and unwilling to help and advise, never present for most of the day anyway. I was working for an obnoxious and arrogant husband and wife team at Silverlake, they were not greatful for anything even when you went out of your way to help them. The malicious and deceptive Human Resources Manager marked all my applications to transfer, and there were many, as employee withdrew application when I never did. The walk-in clinic in the same building failed to let me know that I had pneumonia for 4 workdays and I finally looked up my own record since I was not getting any better. So I would not recommend The Everett for patients or employees.
Pros
no pros
Cons
see above
Fantastic company to work for!
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 14, 2012
Great work environment, helpful and friendly staff. An overall fantastic place to work! I was sad to leave them when my husband was transferred.
The clinic had the wellness program and great physicians.
Front desk receptionists (Former Employee) –  Marysville Walk in Clinic.February 27, 2012
Working for the everett clinic was an eye opener for me. I was a great employee for the everett clinic but was terminated after a 10 year employment there. I had not been written up the entire time except for the last two months that I was employed there. I was given a short period of time to correct myself and prove myself but was terminated less than three weeks after the write up. After serving the clinic for 10 years one would think that they would be willing to help the employee and want to keep a long term employee like myself. I was disappointed in the termination because I know I had proven and shown improvements in my work ethics. I feel I wasn't given a chance to keep my job they had made up their minds and were set in letting me go. I was due for my 10 year anniversary and was fired right before. I didn't receive anything for my 10 years of service and was denied rehire in the future. I did not violate the hip-pa law or was never a thief. I was very a loyal employee.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
favorites were played frequently.
Very professorial and friendly . TEC makes you feel like family.
RMA/DA for Dr.JKlicpera & Dr.TJones ped. cardio (Former Employee) –  Stared @ main then moved and help open SilverlakeMay 21, 2011
Working for Tec was a very rewarding and people caring employer.
The extra medical training and Dr.s always helping you to learn more keeps you always ready for any situation that comes along.
The co-workers also make you feel comfortable no matter your job title.
Pros
very comfortable and happy work place, benefits and wages
Cons
parking sometimes, satellites sometimes feel not part of the main cli, need more hours on weekends, needed more night hours

2.9