Everett Community College Employee Reviews

Fun
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 26, 2017
It was fun. Nothing to complain about. Would do it again. Did it while attending EvCC so it was more of a side gig. I wanted to get paid to help other people. Which is what I did so it worked out.
Great school
Adjunct instructor (Current Employee) –  Washington stateOctober 19, 2017
Smart, dedicated people, passionate about teaching.Great place to work, if you like to teach and you can get on. Great diversity of students and faculty.
Pros
Fun, meaningful work
Cons
It's difficult to get a permanent job, and there area lot of administrative responsibilities
Great learning environment
Computer Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 22, 2017
I assisted teachers and student in classrooms and computer labs. I learned to work with a diverse group of people. Manage was easy to work with; culture was casual but business-like. The hardest part was making enough time to work with all the students. The most enjoyable part was the friendly and cooperative nature of the teachers I worked with.
Pros
Enoyable and educational work environment
Cons
Time constraints of the class schedual
Wonderful work environment!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 28, 2017
This was a work study office assistant position contingent on my status as an active student. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the upbeat, positive, vibe that is present within the office structure. My biggest complaint was that this position wasn't not full-time or long-term.
Pros
office environment, helping people
Cons
pay, wasn't a full-time or long term position.
Teaching Assistant
Volunteered as a teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 1, 2017
Being an ESL teaching assistance, you would volunteer in helping out with adult ESL students who are a non-native speaker of the English language and is a college student at EVCC (Everett Community College). The materials I was able to help students learn was spelling, communication and grammar use.

What I learned about of being an ESL teaching assistance is to have patience and to find alternative ways, in order for students to have a good comprehension on the lesson that they are learning in their own classes.

The hardest part of the job was helping out with students who are at a different pace and since I am working with college students, the meet-up would be difficult.

The most enjoyable part was to be able to assist students in need and seeing the expression on their faces when they have understood the material that is being taught to them.
Hard to work as a student
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAApril 11, 2017
The librarians expected too much of me, knowing I was a student as well. It was hard to work the hours they wanted while also keeping on top of my studies.
Being in a college club
Publicity Officer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 31, 2017
I was a graphic designer in college and I decided to create posters and little flyers for my college club and it was great but our club had a lot of communication problems and so the club did not continue it only lasted one quarter at EvCC which sucked. It was a fun club and lots of great people but it was really small and it was hard to figure out everyone's schedule and when to meet and what to do to stay organized. If I could restart the group I would cause I miss being a graphic designer for the club I was in.
Pros
Hanging out with friends and having fun
Cons
No organization and lots of drama
Horrible Work Environment
Program Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 19, 2016
Very high turn over in non-management positions. Management didn't care about work-life balance and if you worked overtime, you didn't get paid for it. Management makes this place hostile work environment and they either don't they do or don't care that they do. This job was a union represented position. No opportunity for advancement. I don't recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Using the GI Bill to attend to college
Computer Science Student (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 10, 2016
Its been one of the best experiences of my life going to school through the GI bill. Its free college with a stipend for supplies and living wage. The other students here are very serious about their work and the school staff is very professional. The ARMY has made attending college possible for me and I am forever grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Excellent pay in combination with free schooling and supplies.
Cons
Requires significant setup and paperwork through the VA
Awesome
assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 2, 2016
Helping students reach their goals in understanding mathematics, English composition, and Social Studies, Helping international students gain further progress in their studies. I also taught an hour preparation class in Spanish before the official class beginning, helping students catch up with their homework.
Productive and fun workplace.
Office Assistant/Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 1, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Very enjoyable to work with colleagues and learning from them. There was a wide variety of things to do and learn in the Financial Aide department.
Pros
Excellent learning experience.
Cons
With the job being a work-study position the job was too short.
Afun place to work
Science and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WANovember 12, 2015
I enjoy tutoring the students here. The staff is friendly too. We all work together as a team to serve the students. No one is expected to know everything about every subject, but we all have our strengths and we kind of know one another's strengths. Everybody contributes to making this a positive environment and resource for the students.
great people, beautiful weather,
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 10, 2015
Everett Community is an excellent choice if you want to be apart of family that sticks together. The faculty are a breath of fresh air and the campus is beautiful with many building made with sustainability in mind.
EvCC is really a great higher ed institution!
Admin Services-RCM (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 8, 2015
As a 10 year employee of EvCC, I simply can't say enough good things about this college. Great place to work/grow/learn.
Excellent place to work. good benifits, good people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Facilities DepartmentSeptember 8, 2015
One of the best jobs I have had. I have enjoyed my time here and the people I work with. The environment is pleasant and relaxing. The work has been challenging and I learned a great deal.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
none worth mentioning.
Excellent place to work
Office Assistant- Adult Basic Education Department (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 4, 2015
I only worked part time as the department was on a very limited budget. That being said, the work environment was pleasant. I was challenged with special projects on a reguler basis which made the job that much more fun. The diversity of the students I recieved that delightful and refreshing always. The pay was competitive for the full time employees, and had very good benefits. I would love to work there if I could get a full time schedule.
Pros
Diversity, culture, work load ever changing
Cons
No full time work available at the time
Everett Community College Tutoring Center
Mathematics and Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 9, 2015
Everett Community College is a great place to work. My manager is always very kind and my coworkers are true team players. The hardest part of the job is remembering such a broad spectrum of subject matter in order to assist students taking many different classes. On a typical day, you may get a question about a chemistry titration lab, an algebra question, a question about determining the magnitude of force necessary to accelerate a block from rest against the force of friction, a question about relativity, etc. The students we serve are very bright and ask excellent questions. What I enjoy most about the job is the feeling you get from helping someone progress through a course, watching them work hard to improve, and finally watching them achieve their goals.
Part-time staff hours are not livable
❸ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  CampusDecember 30, 2014
Beautiful place to work, some awesome co-workers. Low (VERY LOW) opportunity for advancement in most part-time staff positions, they'll hire another part-time person instead of making one full-time. Part time employees are limited to 69 hours a month. No sense of teamwork with other departments.
Great place!
Server Support Tech III (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 13, 2014
Allowed for being up on technology since it being an educational institution it had to teach the latest. and the co-workers were always great to work with and socialize with.
Pros
managed my own schedule/workload, within reason
Cons
none really
Great place to go to school
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 23, 2014
It was a work study position that I enjoyed very much. The staff was great and I loved working with the other students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everett Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3