Everett Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work
Office Assistant- Adult Basic Education Department (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 4, 2015
I only worked part time as the department was on a very limited budget. That being said, the work environment was pleasant. I was challenged with special projects on a reguler basis which made the job that much more fun. The diversity of the students I recieved that delightful and refreshing always. The pay was competitive for the full time employees, and had very good benefits. I would love to work there if I could get a full time schedule.
Pros
Diversity, culture, work load ever changing
Cons
No full time work available at the time
Excellent place to work. good benifits, good people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Facilities DepartmentSeptember 8, 2015
One of the best jobs I have had. I have enjoyed my time here and the people I work with. The environment is pleasant and relaxing. The work has been challenging and I learned a great deal.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
none worth mentioning.
Horrible Work Environment
Program Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 19, 2016
Very high turn over in non-management positions. Management didn't care about work-life balance and if you worked overtime, you didn't get paid for it. Management makes this place hostile work environment and they either don't they do or don't care that they do. This job was a union represented position. No opportunity for advancement. I don't recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Productive and fun workplace.
Office Assistant/Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 1, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management. Very enjoyable to work with colleagues and learning from them. There was a wide variety of things to do and learn in the Financial Aide department.
Pros
Excellent learning experience.
Cons
With the job being a work-study position the job was too short.
Awesome
assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 2, 2016
Helping students reach their goals in understanding mathematics, English composition, and Social Studies, Helping international students gain further progress in their studies. I also taught an hour preparation class in Spanish before the official class beginning, helping students catch up with their homework.
Everett Community College Tutoring Center
Mathematics and Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 9, 2015
Everett Community College is a great place to work. My manager is always very kind and my coworkers are true team players. The hardest part of the job is remembering such a broad spectrum of subject matter in order to assist students taking many different classes. On a typical day, you may get a question about a chemistry titration lab, an algebra question, a question about determining the magnitude of force necessary to accelerate a block from rest against the force of friction, a question about relativity, etc. The students we serve are very bright and ask excellent questions. What I enjoy most about the job is the feeling you get from helping someone progress through a course, watching them work hard to improve, and finally watching them achieve their goals.
Afun place to work
Science and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mukilteo, WANovember 12, 2015
I enjoy tutoring the students here. The staff is friendly too. We all work together as a team to serve the students. No one is expected to know everything about every subject, but we all have our strengths and we kind of know one another's strengths. Everybody contributes to making this a positive environment and resource for the students.
great people, beautiful weather,
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 10, 2015
Everett Community is an excellent choice if you want to be apart of family that sticks together. The faculty are a breath of fresh air and the campus is beautiful with many building made with sustainability in mind.
EvCC is really a great higher ed institution!
Admin Services-RCM (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 8, 2015
As a 10 year employee of EvCC, I simply can't say enough good things about this college. Great place to work/grow/learn.
Part-time staff hours are not livable
❸ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  CampusDecember 30, 2014
Beautiful place to work, some awesome co-workers. Low (VERY LOW) opportunity for advancement in most part-time staff positions, they'll hire another part-time person instead of making one full-time. Part time employees are limited to 69 hours a month. No sense of teamwork with other departments.
Different Direction
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Everett/MonroeAugust 18, 2013
Higher Educations is a very interesting, intense, and sometimes challenging field to work in. In recent years the management in higher education seems to have taken on a different agenda or path. It has been difficult through the years to turn a blind eye to some of the changes. This would be a good time for me to offer my services to others in another area. I look forward to doing so.
Dance Instructor
Staff, Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Everett WAApril 23, 2014
I taught dance from children to adult on campus.Tap, jazz, ballet and children's acting classes.
Later I just taught tap since I had another job.
After they decided to close the old gym and build a new gymnasium they didn't factor in an area for tap dancing so I never went back.
The staff was great and I loved the students.
This was always a fun experience
I taught at the college for several years
Pros
doing something i loved doing. interacting with the students.
Cons
no cons. a fun experience.
Fun place to work at
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 12, 2013
I have learned to organize files. Typical work day is searching for assignments to work on. The management was great. The enjoyable part of the job is that once I completed my work tasks. I get the chance to work on my homework.
Great place!
Server Support Tech III (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 13, 2014
Allowed for being up on technology since it being an educational institution it had to teach the latest. and the co-workers were always great to work with and socialize with.
Pros
managed my own schedule/workload, within reason
Cons
none really
I wouldn't work there unless you have to.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Everett, waFebruary 28, 2013
I liked most of the people I worked with. Some back biting so you have to be sure you know who you are talking to. My manager was a jerk
Pros
loved working with students
Cons
hated the politics
Good experience volunteering at Everett Community College
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 12, 2013
I took multiple volunteer jobs taking notes in class for students who needed help due to a disability. Working with the disability office was always a great experience, and I always got my questions answered.
Great learning experience
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Everett WashingtonSeptember 2, 2012
While interning at Everett Community College, I gained many new office skills including, switchboard operation and web editing.
Pros
great people, working towards sustainability.
Cons
no cons only positive experiences
Great place to go to school
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 23, 2014
It was a work study position that I enjoyed very much. The staff was great and I loved working with the other students.
Fun experience teaching adults basic computer skills.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 1, 2012
It was very rewarding watching people "get it" after I taught various computer classes.
Pros
excellent pay for part time job
excellent
student (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 20, 2014
excellent school not sure why this in is this section but I will review anyway....love school.
Pros
great people
Cons
time

4.3