Everglades University Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
sad place to work
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2017
I read the poor reviews prior to employment. But all of the staff was new so I thought it would be ok. The staff was new because the President was not professional and the new staff soon left as well.
Pros
Cons
poor, poor management
Collegial but lack of input in programs
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Started at seat classes moved to on line, have little input as SME in programs and changes needed unless I do it for no compensation. Work is fun with students but am at will worker, they have requirements for some classes I do not meet but if in a jam they call me.
Adjunct Faculty
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2017
Very professional and well-run university. Instructors and staff get to know all of the students and are very helpful. Attracts well-prepared student. body.
Cons
Health care provided only to full-time employees.
Workplace Culture and Management
Admissions (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 17, 2017
In an industry where there's not supposed to be "sales," your job is threatened on a weekly basis if you don't enroll more students. The pressure comes from the President and trickles down, leaving an unhealthy working atmosphere for all staff.
Pros
Pay is not bad
Cons
Group Healthcare is pretty pricey here; Job is threatened on a weekly basis
Worst experience ever!!!
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2017
Very unprofessional place to work. The word ethic does not exist. I was expected to call potential students that were not packaged to attend the first online class. If the student doest it would incurred in penalties.
VP no respect a at all, expect in staff meetings to be yelled. His most common phrase... 'if you don't like there is the door!!
If you accept a position is under your own risk.
Pros
Nothing at all
Overall Great Work enviroment
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 21, 2016
Director of Admissions department.
Learned everyday on how to motivate, drive,a team towards profitability. Management very supportive. excellent co-workers. The Student were the most enjoyable, and the hardest part was resigning due to family emergency.
Pros
work enviroment, students
learning experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
The people at the Tampa campus are wonderful. It is a growing campus, with plenty of potential. This is the newest location of the University.
No growth
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2016
My tenure at Everglades University was an odd one. My manager was not focused on employee growth. You are expected to make calls all day and have a certain number of "applications", with checks, from prospective students. You are there to make calls and that's it. Employees also have to rotate Saturdays and call people who are not expecting your call.
worst experience of my life!!
financial aid officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 6, 2015
I don't even know where to start with this institution. It was one of the most unprofessional disrespectful humiliating experiences of my professional life. I have never been yelled at and lied on in front of my coworkers on a daily basis. The management here treats employees like trash and care nothing about the students the turnover rate is extremly high and I only stayed a couple of months because of my moral values. I could no longer stand the way they would speak to their employees disrespect their students behind their backs and lie on staff. save yourself and do not take a job at this place it still gives me nightmares to this day!
Pros
Cons
everything
Not a great place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 18, 2015
A lot of turnover here. Profit and enrollments come before students and certainly over academics. Some positions are just a revolving door. Instructor jobs are ok, nobody has time to monitor these positions. If you are a teacher, it is ok. Quotas and micromanagement rule. This is mainly a for-profit business or a front for something else, the University is about making huge profits. Most of the staff are fine and nice though. If you interview here you may want to ask why the position is open, though honestly you won't be told the truth. Find the person who had your job before and contact them and see what they have to say. All salary positions require mandatory over time and 12 hour days once a month. They will not tell you this, if your family situation cannot support this you should know this before accepting a job here. Good luck.
Pros
If you need experience stay as long as you can take it and keep looking.
Cons
Micromanagement, disrespectful management, No life work balance. Unrealistic expectations.
Not honest
Admissions Coordinator - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FloridaApril 1, 2015
I was told the job was one thing but it ended up being a stressful teller marketing position which was not what I had signed for it was too stressful.
Poor
Registrar/ Online Liaison/ Interim Dean (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FloridaJanuary 30, 2015
No advancement, micro managed enviroment, no stability and unsure of job security. Raises are few and far between and benefits are terrible
Worst work experience
Staff (Former Employee) –  Altamonte SpringsAugust 28, 2014
The university is associated with Keiser University but they are nothing alike. The leadership structure for Everglades has not changed since it's inception. They don't believe in growth or development of staff. You will be yelled at and disrecepted in front of your peers on a regular basis. Meetings are a joke - management is belittled and nothing positive is ever discussed! To survive there you will need to leave your brain at home and just follow the little instructions/training you are given. Don't try to make a difference - it only creates waves and will ultimately get you fired. Question are viewed as a threat and will also get you fired! Altomonte Spring campus has had complete turn over of their staff twice within a year. The dean is an absolute cancer at that school. She talks about staff, faculty and students behind their backs. Students dislike dealing with her and her condescending attitude. Faculty find it hard to deal with her unless she likes you. She has been hired back several times because the leadership of the university can't find a dean to not question or attempt to improve the student experience. They would rather keep things as they are. I have no idea how the school remains regionally accredited. Any business with this much turn over would look long and hard at the culture and leadership of their team but not them!
Pros
The students and faculty members
Cons
Lack of leadership and growth
Overall a pleasant place to work
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2014
Demonstrated capability in managing a call center, I learned how to fine tune my skills. Management as supportive. I enjoyed my coworkers. the hardest part of job was having creative restrictions. The most enjoyable part was the students.
Transitional Working Environment
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (SALES) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 13, 2014
Everglades University work environment was one that was going through alot of transition. I cannot say it was completely positive as there were many challenges on a daily basis.
Small college with limited opportunities for advancement
College Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FloridaMay 5, 2014
I found it very satisfying to help student enroll and set their path for graduation. However, with the limited amount of new leads it was extremely difficult to reach more than a few people in a day.
Pros
Very good sales trainings
Cons
high turnover, not many leads, marketing was not a high focus
Challenging enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Registrar/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FlFebruary 11, 2014
Working for this company has their highs and lows. The highs was to maintain organization with my work and not to overwhelm myself. deadlines needed to be made in a proper timing and I did my best for fulfill those deadlines.
What a joke
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonFebruary 6, 2014
This is by far THE worst place I have ever worked in my life. Management is a joke. They have no idea what they're doing. I saw over 40 people QUIT in less than a year!! The staff only has about 30 people. What does that tell you? And I'm not just talking admissions counselors and people on the low end of the pole, I'm talking deans, Vice Presidents, department chairs, all walking out! Some with nothing to fall back on! Literally having to move back home with mom and dad because it is preferable to that place. There is some serious illegal stuff going on too. Like threatening emails to admissions about numbers (something the dept of education says is illegal), asking department chairs to photocopy text books and send them to students (copyright infringement anyone??), going back and re-doing documents so files look complete?? This place is a madhouse!!! All in all, there are times when I couldn't sleep at night thinking of all the debt we were putting our students through for a degree that likely will not yield them a good job. This place is a nightmare. Stay away!
Excellent Experience
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 28, 2013
Being the Vice President allows an individual to dig into each department of a University to understand the internal workings from Accreditation to student satisfaction and retention.
Pure Madness
Nunya (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 8, 2013
Run away before it's too late. But wait, it's never too late at Everglades!

Everglades, where each day is better than the next.
Pros
Cons
all