Everglades University Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 18, 2015
A lot of turnover here. Profit and enrollments come before students and certainly over academics. Some positions are just a revolving door. Instructor jobs are ok, nobody has time to monitor these positions. If you are a teacher, it is ok. Quotas and micromanagement rule. This is mainly a for-profit business or a front for something else, the University is about making huge profits. Most of the staff are fine and nice though. If you interview here you may want to ask why the position is open, though honestly you won't be told the truth. Find the person who had your job before and contact them and see what they have to say. All salary positions require mandatory over time and 12 hour days once a month. They will not tell you this, if your family situation cannot support this you should know this before accepting a job here. Good luck.
Pros
If you need experience stay as long as you can take it and keep looking.
Cons
Micromanagement, disrespectful management, No life work balance. Unrealistic expectations.
No growth
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2016
My tenure at Everglades University was an odd one. My manager was not focused on employee growth. You are expected to make calls all day and have a certain number of "applications", with checks, from prospective students. You are there to make calls and that's it. Employees also have to rotate Saturdays and call people who are not expecting your call.
learning experience
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2016
The people at the Tampa campus are wonderful. It is a growing campus, with plenty of potential. This is the newest location of the University.
Easy-going
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 10, 2013
A typical day involved being the first point of contact for students and parents as well as the administrative staff. I provided students with welcome packets, acceptance letters, and assisted the faculty administration with their attendance as well as admissions with updating the course catalogs. I learned a lot about the internal structure of how a university is managed and the criteria involved for a university's accreditation. I worked mostly by myself and worked well with management. The hardest part of the job was preparing for the committee for accreditation as every detail required to be accounted for. I enjoyed mostly the students and helping them with their issues and when graduation time came- how proud they were.
Pros
easy-going atmosphere
Cons
no benefits.
worst experience of my life!!
financial aid officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 6, 2015
I don't even know where to start with this institution. It was one of the most unprofessional disrespectful humiliating experiences of my professional life. I have never been yelled at and lied on in front of my coworkers on a daily basis. The management here treats employees like trash and care nothing about the students the turnover rate is extremly high and I only stayed a couple of months because of my moral values. I could no longer stand the way they would speak to their employees disrespect their students behind their backs and lie on staff. save yourself and do not take a job at this place it still gives me nightmares to this day!
Pros
Cons
everything
Toxic Environment
Account Manager/Bursar (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 29, 2013
I know it is bad to give a former employee such a bad review but this is a very toxic place. My manager left the company and I took over the position but, even after several meetings, was never given an advanced title or raise. There was constant yelling, screaming and arguments between management and staff throughout the building at any given moment. There was no teamwork and, with the constant turnover, the staff overall was inexperienced.
Poor
Registrar/ Online Liaison/ Interim Dean (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FloridaJanuary 30, 2015
No advancement, micro managed enviroment, no stability and unsure of job security. Raises are few and far between and benefits are terrible
Pervasive negativity! Toxic! Read review!!!
Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2013
What can I say....Everglades University is NOT a good place to work period. No team cohesiveness ALL management honestly believes they know what they are doing is right BUT they are sooooo very wrong. The mistreatment of staff left people in tears. Those that stayed or lasted eventually were fired or walked out! Favoritism runs rampant...

End the end we all make decisions so it's your choice. It was certainly one if the worse decisions I ever made.

If you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig...,

Good luck!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Wonderful balance between school/work and home
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 11, 2012
What I really loved most about working at Everglades University was the staff treating you as a friend or relative. They knew you by name and asked how things are going with your life. The schedule was extremely flexible. If an event happened at the last minute, your supervisor was understanding. A typical day at EU would pretty much go like this: check all the copy machines make sure they have paper, stock the break rooms, the office supplies, filing, posting jobs, creating flyers, sorting mail, etc. The management were friendly. My co-workers did work. We helped each other and not delegate tasks. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable part were group lunches or office events.
Worst work experience
Staff (Former Employee) –  Altamonte SpringsAugust 28, 2014
The university is associated with Keiser University but they are nothing alike. The leadership structure for Everglades has not changed since it's inception. They don't believe in growth or development of staff. You will be yelled at and disrecepted in front of your peers on a regular basis. Meetings are a joke - management is belittled and nothing positive is ever discussed! To survive there you will need to leave your brain at home and just follow the little instructions/training you are given. Don't try to make a difference - it only creates waves and will ultimately get you fired. Question are viewed as a threat and will also get you fired! Altomonte Spring campus has had complete turn over of their staff twice within a year. The dean is an absolute cancer at that school. She talks about staff, faculty and students behind their backs. Students dislike dealing with her and her condescending attitude. Faculty find it hard to deal with her unless she likes you. She has been hired back several times because the leadership of the university can't find a dean to not question or attempt to improve the student experience. They would rather keep things as they are. I have no idea how the school remains regionally accredited. Any business with this much turn over would look long and hard at the culture and leadership of their team but not them!
Pros
the students and faculty members
Cons
lack of leadership and growth

Want to know more about Everglades University?

Ask a question
What a joke
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonFebruary 6, 2014
This is by far THE worst place I have ever worked in my life. Management is a joke. They have no idea what they're doing. I saw over 40 people QUIT in less than a year!! The staff only has about 30 people. What does that tell you? And I'm not just talking admissions counselors and people on the low end of the pole, I'm talking deans, Vice Presidents, department chairs, all walking out! Some with nothing to fall back on! Literally having to move back home with mom and dad because it is preferable to that place. There is some serious illegal stuff going on too. Like threatening emails to admissions about numbers (something the dept of education says is illegal), asking department chairs to photocopy text books and send them to students (copyright infringement anyone??), going back and re-doing documents so files look complete?? This place is a madhouse!!! All in all, there are times when I couldn't sleep at night thinking of all the debt we were putting our students through for a degree that likely will not yield them a good job. This place is a nightmare. Stay away!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good company to work for
Manager)/Bookstore Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 5, 2013
Part of Keiser University, good work/life balance, fun staff to work with, parent campus too suffocating.
Pros
the students, the staff, the faculty
Cons
the micro management by the main campus senior staff.
Low end of the food chain ...
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 26, 2013
I have been on adjunct faculty of various universities for about fifteen years. This is definitely at the low end of the food chain. Administrative leadership is the biggest disappointment, although the educational strategy is a huge minus as well (semester of class in a month -- maximizes enrollment numbers, but minimizes course quality and faculty effectiveness.) I loved the student-teacher environment, both online and in the classroom, but that's about where the pros end. Staff turnovers and administrative conflicts are among the highest I have ever witnessed in a university setting. The resulting chaos is deafening. Admin and departmental leadership is canned without apparent reason, leaving adjuncts constantly out of touch about scheduling, curricula, staffing, etc. Planning and management is practically non-existent. Often adjuncts do not know until the week before class begins that they are to teach, leaving no time for adequate preparation. Texts and curricula are frequently outdated and there is little, if any, oversight or accountability. Student enrollment numbers appear to be the highest priority, rather than educational excellence, efficiency and consistency.
Pros
nice student-teacher environment
Cons
very poor administrative management.
Overall a pleasant place to work
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 11, 2014
Demonstrated capability in managing a call center, I learned how to fine tune my skills. Management as supportive. I enjoyed my coworkers. the hardest part of job was having creative restrictions. The most enjoyable part was the students.
Not honest
Admissions Coordinator - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Sarasota FloridaApril 1, 2015
I was told the job was one thing but it ended up being a stressful teller marketing position which was not what I had signed for it was too stressful.
Small college with limited opportunities for advancement
College Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FloridaMay 5, 2014
I found it very satisfying to help student enroll and set their path for graduation. However, with the limited amount of new leads it was extremely difficult to reach more than a few people in a day.
Pros
very good sales trainings
Cons
high turnover, not many leads, marketing was not a high focus
Challenging enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Registrar/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FlFebruary 11, 2014
Working for this company has their highs and lows. The highs was to maintain organization with my work and not to overwhelm myself. deadlines needed to be made in a proper timing and I did my best for fulfill those deadlines.
Transitional Working Environment
DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS (SALES) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 13, 2014
Everglades University work environment was one that was going through alot of transition. I cannot say it was completely positive as there were many challenges on a daily basis.
Everglades University: great school & a great place to work!!
Work Study/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 28, 2012
I just worked part time while attending school here, it was great!
Pros
people & professors were great!
Cons
not having my own desk/office, had to share with 2 others.
Excellent Experience
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 28, 2013
Being the Vice President allows an individual to dig into each department of a University to understand the internal workings from Accreditation to student satisfaction and retention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everglades University. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4