Evergreen International Aviation Employee Reviews

Safe workplace and nice people
Cleaner aircraft (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 6, 2016
Work 8 hours per day, is a safe place to work, good benefit to the workers, flexible salary and time to work, in this company work around 150 people
Every Employee deserves better from this company
Employee- Aircraft Cleaner (Current Employee) –  JFK Airport Terminal 4August 5, 2013
Working at Evergreen is not the best Job in the world. There are no full time positions available for aircraft cleaners. You don't get any benefits, raise of pay, no paid vaction or sick leave. You are forced to stay beyond your regular work schedule if the aircraft comes late which puts other jobs employees may have in danger. If you dont stay you are always threatened to be fired. There is a huge lack of communication between the Supervisor/ Managers and the employees. NO uniforms just a safety vest.
Cons
Lack of communication; no raise of pay
Productive and fun as we work all together as a team.
Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento AirportSeptember 14, 2012
A typical day includes setting up OTRs Metal containers for Mail pakages that are sorted by zipcode (S&R) tags. I work outside and stand on a rolling conveyer belt at the airport sorting packages and trays of letters weighing up to 75lbs very fast and efficient. I also rotate jobs to learn everything i can, scanning, forklift, filling propane, answeing phones, and human resources duties such as fingerprintinig, empolyment background and calling references.
I enjoy working with people and doing learning new task.
Pros
working in a fast paced environment the day goes by fast
Cons
part titme and no benefits
A typical day at work
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work I was a Ramp/Cargo handler at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. I provided ground support to incoming aircrafts by guiding them up the cargo ramp to be loaded and unloaded. I drove the airplane front deck loader, push backs, and fork lifts to transport cargo where it was needed
Pros
Good money for part time job
Cons
No benefits
Pretty good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 2, 2014
The best aspect about this job is that it was the third shift which enables people to work a full time job or go to school in the day time. The work was fast pace and easy. Management for the most part worked with you regarding requested time off and the moral was somewhat positive. The only drawback is that no benefits package is available for employees but the hourly pay averaged at the time to $17/hour.
Not stimulating work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, InNovember 14, 2012
The work was boring and we did the same thing every day. The hours were good, pay decent, but had poor benefits because no one that worked there was a full time employee except for management. Part of the company was bought out and they laid off approximately 1100 people.
Pros
good hours
Cons
laid off and boring work
Great job
Shift Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 5, 2016
I really liked working at the Airport. This was a 2nd job, only 5 hours a day. I had the opportunity to meet people from around the world . To work around the jets and learn shills that i didn't think i would have the chance to do. Only reason i quit was my responsibilities to my full time job would not let me continue
Pros
Working outside and with so many different people
Cons
Pay was low and it was only part time
Horrible place to work - DO NOT WORK HERE
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2013
I worked at Evergreen for almost 2 years. The only good thing that came out of it was the ramp experience. The upper management outside of our station is truly horrible. Paychecks came late numerous times thus ending the Tampa stations operation. The equipment was very poor. The GSE mechanic we had struggled to keep up with the breaking equipment and his budget was so short we couldn't fix anything. We had to hire anyone we could get off the street just to fill positions, which as they come, we got some characters. There were very few things really good at Evergreen. From the get go, i was always telling the managers, how do they expect us to work if we don't have to right equipment and tools.
Pros
When we got paid it was pretty well
Cons
Short-staffed, shady backstabbing people higher in the company, poor old equipment, no company value or structure.
Educational employment with a lot of room for advancement.
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORDecember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of wearing many hats and changing directions on a minutes notice. I was very well trained and was placed in new learning environments which challenged my skills and abilities. I learned to handle difficult situations with people of a different nationality and I was cultured.
Pros
Education and advancements.
Cons
The business was not doing well and closed
Family-oriented, and a pleasure working there.
Dispatcher/Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  LAX AIRPORTSeptember 17, 2013
Evergreen,

A typical day at Evergreen, was a beeze it was basically like famiy we got alone very-well and got our worked completed. I've leaned alot from dead lines and making sure I had the right staff. Management was there when I needed them everytime I had a question they was there to give me my answer. Couldn't ask for any other way. My co-workers were like family we got alone and that made me love going to work. I will say the hardest part of my job was making sure our clients was pleased with the service Evergreen, provides. The most enjoyable part of the job was when our clients was pleased with the service and say things they would love to work with us again.
Great employees and co-workers
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORFebruary 15, 2014
Negative atmosphere created by an abusive and tyrannical Owner.
This affected the entire company. Most employees lived in constant fear of being fired for things that were not even their fault. Worst company I have ever worked for in my life (The Army was far better) Only worked there due to it's location.
Pros
Great co-workers and employees
Cons
Negative atmosphere due to abusive Owner/CEO
Most exciting place have worked.
Assistant Tax Director (Tax department outsourced) (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORNovember 4, 2012
I was able to learn and work on more things that I would never get at any job before or after Evergreen. Interesting, faced paced, almost fly by the seat of the pants company, which against convention wisdom still did a high quality, on time job against incredible odds. Evergreen could always pull off the job, when many companies wouldn't even consider bidding. I rated the company so high because of how much I enjoyed working there in spite of the high employee turnover. Hardest part of working there was walking in everyday and not knowing if you would have a job at the end of the day.
Very Unorganized , Poor Management , No Professionalism
ramp support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaNovember 19, 2012
Very Unorganized and clueless management. They will hire just about anyone just to fill the roster. There is a bunch of sorry people that don't do a thing. The equiptment you will use is very old and always broken. There is also not enough equiptment to do the job . I've never seen such a BAD operation as this.
An absolute embarrassment !
Ticking (Current Employee) –  Tampa International AirportDecember 9, 2012
I thought I would give this a chance. Wellll I did. There is no MANAGEMENT here that knows how run an airport operation. This is very STRESSFUL since you arent working for a airline. Contract companies are joke of the AIRPORT !
Pros
lol nothing
Cons
telling airport employees horror stories.
Great job for hs students
BAGGAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 7, 2012
Great hours just wasnt paying enough for u to survive co workers were cool management was cool
Pros
lots of work
Cons
no overtime
Productive and Satisfying Employer
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ILApril 27, 2015
I come in check to see what was scheduled. Made a check on personal, checked voicemail, equipment, setup and we worked together.
don't apply here
ramp slave (Former Employee) –  Tampa International AirportJanuary 29, 2013
Nothing but a bunch of young kids who think they now everything . the pay is poor ! management is poor ! the equipment is poor ! Ect :
Pros
two weeks notice
Cons
this place is a con
Poor business model
Ticketing Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2013
The company and management takes little to no concern of their employees. Communication and lack of clarity is horrible towards their employees.
Who's running this place ? Honestly
Ticket Counter (Current Employee) –  Tampa ( TPA )January 10, 2013
Unemployed ? You still don't want to work here !!!! Grade F- awful.
Pros
lol evergreen management
Cons
everything is a con
good company
GSE Technician (Former Employee) –  chicago ilJune 12, 2013
enjoyed working with manager learned a lot from him. lots of job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evergreen International Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5