Evergreen Packaging Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Process Specialist :utility (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 8, 2016
Good money sometimes but you really have to work for it swing shifts I hated them and a lot of times you get a surprised 16 hour shift no lunch breaks you have to eat on the run if there is enough down time management are the worst and have they pick and chooses of who can do what and who can't the heat is sometimes unbareable you will have no social life working 7 days the two to three off days you get you will most likely use them to catch up on much needed rest
Pros
Pay is descent
Cons
Management is terrible and you have no social life or family time
Horrible place to work
Utility (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 7, 2016
No training, or if there is you're given 5 didn't answers from 5 different people to the same question. No one seems to know anything. Union employees don't care about quality. And all the snitches are the so called union members
Pros
Because of the ridiculous amounts of overtime your paycheck is decent
Cons
Get paid every two weeks, like a welfare recipient
great pay
Fork Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 16, 2016
Great people to work around, just got to get use to the hours. I get on my fork truck and just conduct everyday task. Department i work in is either cold or hot but never more then a person can handle,
Great
Electrician Lead Person 1 (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo County, MIMarch 20, 2016
plenty of work, but never enough employees to get it done.
Therefor required to work up to four months with no days off.
A typical day for me would be to evaluate any down equipment and report status of repairs needed.
Non produtive
Laborer/Grabber (Current Employee) –  Olmsted Falls, OHJanuary 1, 2016
Place is a hostile work environment. The pay is not bad. The management is bad. They try to do away with jobs by binging in robotic palletizers. They upset the outside contractors and they quit. It is poorly operated, happy employees' ,happy customers. Unhappy emploees' unhappy customers.
Pros
Cons
everything
Management has ruined a great company
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Converting dept.September 29, 2015
Eight years ago this was a great facility to work at with many perks. Great pay, excellent benefits, profit sharing, reasonable managers with common sense, paid trips and picnics. Since then all of those things have changed. The company has just taken year after year without giving anything back in return. Words really can't describe how pathetic upper management really is until you see this first hand. This, now is a place where hard workers get walked all over while the lazy miserablely idiotic employees reap the benefits.
Pros
Pay, job security
Cons
The list is way to long
High volume water base ink making and press side service
Printing ink inplant tech (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 26, 2015
Typical day was very straight forward. Manufacture of between 50 to 80 batches of ink per shift using an ink dispenser and utilizing work off ink. Also servicing presses as they demanded for color adjustments. Keeping inventory of inks on the floor and ordering from mother branches as needed. Color matching was by sight only. No color computers needed. I worked 2nd shift. I had 1 co-worker who worked 1st shift. We both worked on our own. Most difficult part of the job was when there were 70 to 90 batches needed to fill the schedule. Batch sizes ranged from 20 to 25 lbs. Most enjoyable part of the job was press side service as it got me out of the ink room.
Pros
Clean ink room and 1 ink system. Not many systems to work with
Cons
Fast pace and sometimes no breaks at all during shift
productive place to work
❸ Inspector (Former Employee) –  clinton,Ia.April 30, 2015
enjoyed going to work everyday, and learning new skills. I would still be there if the plant wouldn't of closed. I spent 22 yrs. there doing a lot of different jobs. the most challenging job I did was, spindle rolls. But I can say that was my favorite.!! Has for management, some of the people moved up through the ranks. And all though they was awesome operators, they didn't have the skills to manage the people.
Pros
treat well by co-workers, benefits
Cons
lack of management skills.
Evergreen Packaging
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2015
I love my position at Evergreen.The people we work with are so fun and down-to-earth, yet professional and work-oriented. It has to be the perfect "work/life balance."
great job
Forklift/Clamp truck operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2015
It was a great job but because of the market it wasn't was kind hit or miss. The average shift was around 14 hrs in the department I work in.
Fast paced production driven
Sealing Operator Evergreen Packaging (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 27, 2015
Set up of machinery:Size changes, order changes and customer demands of the day. Relieve crews for breaks, run quality product in a safe and efficient matter. The hardest part was working 12 hr days 7 days a wk. The most enjoyable part was making life long friends.
Pros
Incentive based
Cons
long hrs
used to be great place to work
Pulp Mill Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton N.C.December 19, 2014
the upper management has changed and there is no security in salaried positions, and the expectation of front line supervision is to do as they are told, whether it is by the contract or not. The union members seem to have a little security, but if an individual is on salary in North Carolina, that individual has no rights and this organization takes advantage of that fact
Pros
decent wages
Cons
no salaried job security
ran machinescheduled for my shift
Sealer Operator (Former Employee) –  clinton, iowaNovember 16, 2014
Ran the machine that was scheduled for me on shift. sometimes more than one in a day depending on freight that was due. Management was co operative and helpful if they were needed for input and guidance on final say on quality issues or other questions that were job related. My fellow workers were helpful and looked out for your safety and theirs. Worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was changing some of the belts that would have to be replaced when they broke. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone from management on down could work together to meet production standards and treat each other with respect.
fun but serious
Murray guard (Former Employee) –  Canton, NCMay 22, 2015
during my work time here i conducted patrols at Canton facility and Waynesville. i had to work with a lot of new people and everyday meet new people and being able to learn everything about the company and the processes in the paper making was awesome.
Pros
great experience
Cons
smell and dangers
Dead end job where you will never be appreciated
utility (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 5, 2015
Plant manager is a twit that hires people who take extended breaks and steal from their coworkers. First day I took tools in there to use, some came up missing. They use you and spit you out, and certain lifer employees will never get drug tested or written up.
Pros
Cons
Managment sucks, from plant mgr to HR
This was a production job that so i really had to work at a fast pace.
Service Operator- Production (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at work was getting on your job and rolling it was very fast pace. We had to put products out in a timely manner had to inspect it to make sure it was good to ship out.
Plenty of hours with good pay and benefits
2nd Helper (Former Employee) –  Olmsted Falls, OHJuly 21, 2014
Worked many days with overtime as a 2nd helper responsible for unloading/sorting and packaging cardboard drink carton materials used in the food/dairy product industry. Was in process of learning to be a 1st helper (assistant operator). Worked with great co-workers, line leaders and supervisors. Hardest part of job was the physical demands of unloading and packaging finished materials. Enjoyed the co-workers and benefits.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Physically challenging
long hours no respect for a life outside work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 20, 2012
You will be expected to work 6-7 days a week with forced overtime with little or no notice. The company management will try to take advantage of the hourly employees any way they can. They work against you instead of with you. The current mgt team is coming up with "great ideas" that do nothing but slow down production. I have been there almost 15 years and in the last 5 it has gone severly downhill. Used to be a good place to work. You can make good money as long as you don't need to have a life. Entry level positions get the worst of it.
Pros
money to be made
Cons
no life outside work
I agree with the maintenence employee....
manufacturing team member (Current Employee) –  kalamazoo, MIOctober 31, 2012
The money is ok, but there is no regard whatsoever for employee's lives outside of work. It is the most poorly run operation I have ever seen in my life. Currently, several departments are working mandatory 12 hour shifts on 5 or 6 days of the week, and you never know about weekends til Thursday or Friday. If we work Sunday, you usually get out after 8 hours, that is as much as they care. As an employee of over 10 years, trust me... you can never plan ANYTHING. Except 1 thing, you can plan on never being told about a job well done.
Pros
it's a paycheck
Cons
you trade it for your life
mismanaged, overall worst place to work
slave (Current Employee) –  olmsted fallsApril 7, 2013
1940's obsolete equipment that always needs repair. numerous bad. decisons leading to mandatory overtime with employees paying the price with 60-68 hrs a week, even when you are ahead there is still overtime. you cant plan anything because management never lets you know what hours your working until the last minute.since 2005 there has been 32 formans, 5 human resource people, 3 plant managers,at least 100 hourly employees, you do the math. overall if you enjoy life or have a life this isnt a place you want to work.
Pros
good money because of all the overtime
Cons
if you work to live, you will live to work here. rarely do you get time off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evergreen Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5