Evergreen Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHApril 23, 2017
Company bought out our company and turned around and sold with in approximately one year with little warning. Coworkers were extremely nervous. Majority of staff were retained by new company.
I enjoiyed my job very much until they cut hours! from full time to 10 a week
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIMay 15, 2016
How is someone to support a family on 10 hours a week?
I enjoy y job and what I do very much I enjoy being with our residents and seeing them succeed and get better to return home.
My Direct manager, is a kind woman and tries to make work fun! The hardest part of my job
(Before having to get EVERYTHING done in 10 hours) was seeing people not succeed and get down on themselves.
Pros
just about everything
Cons
hours
Professional growth and good rapport of supervisor and staff with co-worker ad patients
Manatee Springs PT/ PRN (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 10, 2016
Very satisfactory as providing quality care for patients needs and good communication and assistance with co- workers to establish progress of clients and success of the company.
Pros
Good communication and assistance given for patients and staff. Provided continue education
Be cautious
SLP (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 16, 2015
This company has pros and cons. Use your own judgment but watch out. Lots of program directors are not therapists or assistants. Not the most ethical group of people I have worked with in my career.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of supervision, poor handling of inappropriate referrals, push to pick up patients that are not appropriate for tx, etc.
2008 to current
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2015
Great place to work. WOuld not leave if i wasnt moving. Continued education through ACP with increased learning and skill building.
Wonderful managers and relaxed atmosphere
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KentuckyDecember 19, 2014
This was my first job that had anything to do with sourcing healthcare candidates by cold calls only. Evergreen managers trained for several evenings and then they felt I was ready to go.
They showed me the ropes on how to get our information across
to the lead and I was successful with this. This was a evening part time job for me for awhile and then it turned into my full time position.
Evergreen employees always display a positive attitude which is wonderful especially when its your 2nd job and you have been in the workplace 9 hours before you started your shift. I find it a place I look forward to going to work and am currently still working for them part time.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and knowledgeable managers
Cons
I only worked evenings.
Great opportunities for continuing education and resources
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work:

Assess new admissions for areas including speech, language, cognition, and swallowing, and plan therapy if necessary

What I learned and am learning:

1. Clinical skills and knowledge for SLP
2. Communication skills with co-workers, patients, and family
3. Counseling skills
4. Cultural competency
5. Medicare and Medicaid billing system
6. National Outcomes Measurement System (NOMS)
7. G-Codes and Severity Modifiers for Claims-Based Outcomes
Reporting

The most enjoyable part of the job:

When the patient finally reaches the highest potential goals after months of therapy

Ex) She weans off from PEG tube and starts eating her favorite snack, chocolate cookies and milk!
Miss them!
COTA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2014
Great company, excellent benefits, pro-employee, pro- patient care
Unstable
Program Director of Rehab (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIAugust 1, 2014
This work environment is very unstable. Many cuts through out the company at this time.
Pros
Great therapy geam
Cons
Stability
Good Company
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2014
Great company with Corporate focus on care and outcomes. Flexible in regard to time management. Great peer review process. Co Workers are the best!
Really finding their footing
Therapist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 17, 2013
I have only been with Evergreen Rehab a short time but I have found the company to be very responsive to my needs as well as the needs of other therapists.

You get a response back from someone almost immediately.

Rehab in the skilled nursing setting is always changing with different guidelines to follow each year.

Evergreen uses a great system in their Myeverlearn program to keep us up to date with the changes. It is so helpful to have so many resources available to me when I need them.

They have a clinical team that is more involved than any I have ever seen. They aren't just there telling us to do something, they are there showing us the how and the why. It is awesome.

If you want to grow as a therapist, this is the company to be with.
Pros
Response times, Clinical Teams, Compassionate Managers
Cons
Health Insurance
Enjoyable experience with lots of support from corporate
DOR (Current Employee) –  BradentonDecember 16, 2013
I have worked for Evergreen for the last year and a half. First as a PRN and then in management. I love the staff that works for me. They are a real team and when needed, come together to help make things work. I love the support from Corporate who are available at the drop of a dime. Visits from the Regional are spent talking about what can be done for the department instead of the Regional being on the phone during the whole visit which I am used to from other companies. It has been a great experience so far and I recommend anyone looking for work to look into Evergreen.
Pros
Supportive Corporate staff, great rehab team
Cons
Would love more money but who wouldn't!!!!!!
Poor leadership, poor scheduling
OT in Rehab dept (Former Employee) –  bradenton, flDecember 11, 2013
Always last minute changes, constant schedule changes and misinformation. Rarely follow medicare guidelines, seeing 2-3 people at once.
Pros
Compensation was adequate
Cons
Poor leadership
Nice position to have
Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 14, 2013
A lot of sitting but there was enough to do in order to move around
Pros
Freedom to work on your own
Cons
Salary
Patient Centered, Caring Therapists, Knowledgeable Leadership
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMay 20, 2013
Evergreen Rehabilitation consists of caring therapists who are given the tools to provide interventions that they feel meet the needs of their patients. Clinical guidance is provided consistently in order to promote therapy that is evidenced based, while empowering the therapists to provide care that meets the individual needs of residents.

Finally, as an Evergreen Team member I have always felt protected in that compliance trainings allow me to remain knowledgeable regarding constant regulatory changes.
Pros
Residents we serve
Run, Run far away from this company
OTR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2013
This is the wrose company to work for. They will cut your pay, benefits and PTO. They offer no support and will throw you into a negative work environment with no training. Unreasonable expections to therapist by having them perform task that are the responabilities of the CNA and nursing's job and having you eat your own time. Very high prodective for therapist and will microw manage you. I worked there for almost two years, since I was there we had four regional managers and went through four full time therapist. They hire unqualified upper management and emotionally unstable employees.
Pros
Some of the Patients
Cons
At times can be an unsafe work environment a few employees have been attacked, not being able to claim all your hours and decrease benefits
A Good Rehab Company to Work For
Corporate Office Team Member (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 14, 2013
I have worked for Evergreen Rehab for over 6 years at the corporate office in Louisville, KY. I have seen the company double in size! Times are tough in the rehab business these days - especially with reductions in reimbursement from CMS. Through all of the turmoil and change in the industry over the last few years, I witnessed a committed and caring leadership team working hard every day to ensure that Evergreen continues to provide outstanding patient care in a fiscally responsible way. Michael, Doug, Liz, Donna, and Leslie all come to work everyday with a sincere dedication to help patients, residents, employees and clients.
Evergreen is a new contract company for us, formerly Kindred
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, TNMay 7, 2013
Skilled Rehab and LTC with a variety of patient diagnosis. We are currently in the process of changing management. My primary focus is to offer excellent clinical skills with a compassion for helping people be independent and improve their quality of living.
Pros
Flexability in hours
Cons
High Productivity standards
A great company to work for.
SPEECH PATHOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2012
I was only PRN, but I was included and treated like a regular employee. I really should be reviewing Baptist Memorial hospital, where I am full time. It was an excellent place to work. The compensation there, however, was lacking.
Rehab Tech (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 4, 2012
I liked working here it was fun and I liked the people I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evergreen Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.

Evergreen Rehabilitation Reviews by Location