Evernote Employee Reviews

Good experience but didn't hit the mark
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Evernote has (had) a great brand, however trying to make the transition from B2C to B2B was executed very poorly. Additionally new management came in and didn't provide proper guidance which led to a dark time for Evernote staff.
Best company I've ever worked for
Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2016
This is the best company I have ever worked for. The culture is great and my colleagues actually work with me not against me. Tons of great benefits including catered lunches, snacks and a vacation incentive.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation and a vacation bonus.
Cons
The best company I have ever worked for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 22, 2015
Evernote is an incredibly thoughtful company that cares about its product and even more so, about each other.

Work/Life Balance:
The workplace is casual, open and productive. You will want to work hard and stay focused because of the impact you make when you do, but your team and managers will encourage you to disconnect and recharge your batteries.

Compensation/Benefits:
For the size of the company, they are awesome. Can Evernote compete with Google and Salesforce in this category...no, but they are about elite as you get with some unconventional perks that contribute to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. i.e. One Medical, Grand Rounds, massages, flu shots, etc.

Job Security/Advancement:
This is a startup. Change is imminent and honestly I count myself lucky to learn from these hurdles without ever feeling like my job was in jeopardy. Career progression an area that needs to improve, but I have faith that it will so in time.

Management:
A lot of Evernote's managers have been promoted from with very little training. This has caused quite a bit of disfunction over the years, but I do see progress being made in this category. Our new CEO is having an impact here, giving us an example of what great leadership looks like and hiring experienced folks to help fill some of the void.

Job Culture:
I love working here. The people are outstanding, the environment is modern, efficient and productive (like the product), and the product is loved by millions. It is so great to be a part of something with this level of potential. Excited to see where we go from here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evernote. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5