Eversource Energy

Eversource Energy Employee Reviews

Job Advancement - Very Difficult
Energy Efficiency Administrator (Current Employee), BerlinJune 23, 2015
Some departments within this company prefer to hire external candidates rather than foster and progress their internal employees.
Very good Benefits
Senior Financial / Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Westwood, MAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good Gym
Cons: Have to work in bad weather
Very good benefits...good retirement package with Pension, good medical and dental coverage, Utility Industry, very interesting industry
Excellent company to work for
Training Supervisor - Power System Operations (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 30, 2015
Pros: benfits, pay
Cons: commute (boston traffic), storm duty
I enjoy working for Eversource. My job is rewarding and they offer a good benefits package. They are a military friendly company which I would not hesitate to recommend.
Once a great company until they began to ourtsource
UX Designer and Usability Analyst (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great working group
Cons: Labor cuts to IT employees
It was a great job until they outsourced the IT department to InfoSys for cost cutting measures.

Employees cared about their jobs and many worked there for a long period of time. However, with the merger came labor cost cutting measures which eliminated 200 IT positions.
Neutral
Analyst (Current Employee), Berlin, CTMay 11, 2015
Great benefits and work environment. Direct management is flexible. Company is currently going through a state of constant change due to a recent merger with NSTAR.
Too many employee complaints
Network Analyst/Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee), Westwood, MAApril 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: poor attitudes
I was considering a fulltime position but after three months I discovered it would be best to move on. Too much uncertainty and instability after merger with office staff reductions and office closings, consolidations, etc.
New England's premier utility
Gas Supply Co-op (Former Employee), Westwood, MAApril 9, 2015
Eversource Energy is the power house of New England. As a well established company, there isn't much room for innovation or new ideas. It is mostly the logistical work of how to keep the lights on. Can be rewarding, the people are great, and the benefits are too.
Fantastic place to work!
Human Resources (Current Employee), Westwood, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great salary/benefits, quality work, professional growth
I've been at Eversource for about 2 years now, and I couldn't be happier. The employees are some of the most hard-working, passionate, down to earth folks I have ever worked with, and do a tremendous job of promoting our team-first mentality.

As an employee, you feel like you are valued, and your work actually means something. If you are looking to grow professionally, there are countless ways to do so, whether it is through our continuing education/tuition reimbursement program, branching out to work with other groups/projects in your area, or attending some of our many training sessions.

Eversource has been, and still is a great experience for me, and I recommend anyone who is interested in working here to check out our job opportunities and apply!
Consolidations resulting in reductions in labor force
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: poor employee communication, lack of job security
Was a great place to work until recent changes added uncertainty to the future's outlook regarding job security.

Benefits are now on par with other similar large companies, used to be better.

The people are what make/made this company great. However, the company appears to value this less now than they had in the past.

Advancement is slow.
Mannagement
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee), Hoocksett,NHMarch 12, 2015
Management is a one way street they care about there self not employees. Job was 24/7 call all time of day.

Employees work good together
good
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee), Westwood, MAFebruary 10, 2015
The working environment is very nice. We have team outing once a month and everyone works well in the team. My manager guided me through some market research projects.
Not the same company after merger with NStar
Senior Security Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJanuary 17, 2015
It was a fun place to work! Great and talented people to work with. Unfortunately, the merger brought in IT outsourcing and that resulted in many talented IT people to leave the company voluntarily or to be forced out.
Long tough hours/great compensation
Working Foreman/Electric Distribution (Former Employee), Newport, NHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits and the respect and gratitude of customers
Cons: emergency work un-scheduled. work in adverse weather, long hours
A typical day would begin with a brief meeting regarding company
internal business and crew ajssignments
Moving out to the garage area to gather necessary stock items, as
well as safety items as needed.
On the way to the job a brief stop for coffee etal.
At the job location I would give a tailboard meeting with all crew
members explaining each persons' function and responsibilities.
Including how the job would come together and close.
These jobs might evolve over several days at or several locations, or
the day might consist of several smaller assignments.

At end of day vehicles must be fueled, restocked and cleaned in
readiness for possible emergency work during nightime hours.
Productive and fun work place.
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJanuary 12, 2015
I recommend working here if you have the chance; Great work life balance.
My Experience in NSTAR
Data/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
NSTAR had a great working environment and the team member’s always appreciated and encouraged to bring the best out of me. The co workers had the jest of helping me to grow and excel in my area. People around me have been very helping and cooperating . It has been a wonderful learning process by working under all the senior people, and imbibing the work culture and handling the work in an efficient and calm manner.
I good company to work for, the utility business is generally a very stable environment to be part of
Manager, Investment Planning (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 31, 2014
NSTAR has been a very good company to work for, it has undergone significant change in last two years as the company is now part of Northeast Utilities, a large utility holding company that also owns PSNH, CL&P, Western Mass Electric and Yankee Gas.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, CTNovember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: not very rewarding. not challenging enough anymore.
A typical day at work may contain taking customer phone calls throughout the day, while simultaneously working our job queues. We handle many situations such as bankruptcies, ID Theft claims, settlements, deceased, as well as acting as a client in court. The hardest part of my job is knowing that they will be outsourcing the credit department soon. The most enjoyable part of my job is working collaboratively with my co-workers to reach the same goal. Management is a strong piece of the puzzle. I understand it can be a very rewarding job while at times, very frustrating. I believe a great team comes from a great leader.
Great Working Environment
Intern (Current Employee), Westwood, MANovember 5, 2014
Always surrounded by people who are very knowledgeable of the utility industry!
Great work place
Auditor (Former Employee), Berlin, CTOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: far from home
very busy; learned about utilities business, far from home
Fun to work well respected by the staff.
Lead Engineer - Substation Technical Group (Current Employee), Westwood, MAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: self management with full responsibility
Work on several projects. Maintain schedule. Site visits to meet the staff to resolve there technical issues. Perform Acceptance tests of new or replaced equipments. Coordinate work with various supervisors. Interact with contractor and supplier.

1 2 3 4