Eversource Energy

Eversource Energy Employer Reviews

Consolidations resulting in reductions in labor force
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: poor employee communication, lack of job security
Was a great place to work until recent changes added uncertainty to the future's outlook regarding job security.

Benefits are now on par with other similar large companies, used to be better.

The people are what make/made this company great. However, the company appears to value this less now than they had in the past.

Advancement is slow.
Mannagement
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee), Hoocksett,NHMarch 12, 2015
Management is a one way street they care about there self not employees. Job was 24/7 call all time of day.

Employees work good together
good
Market Research Analyst (Former Employee), Westwood, MAFebruary 10, 2015
The working environment is very nice. We have team outing once a month and everyone works well in the team. My manager guided me through some market research projects.
Not the same company after merger with NStar
Senior Security Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJanuary 17, 2015
It was a fun place to work! Great and talented people to work with. Unfortunately, the merger brought in IT outsourcing and that resulted in many talented IT people to leave the company voluntarily or to be forced out.
Long tough hours/great compensation
Working Foreman/Electric Distribution (Former Employee), Newport, NHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits and the respect and gratitude of customers
Cons: emergency work un-scheduled. work in adverse weather, long hours
A typical day would begin with a brief meeting regarding company
internal business and crew ajssignments
Moving out to the garage area to gather necessary stock items, as
well as safety items as needed.
On the way to the job a brief stop for coffee etal.
At the job location I would give a tailboard meeting with all crew
members explaining each persons' function and responsibilities.
Including how the job would come together and close.
These jobs might evolve over several days at or several locations, or
the day might consist of several smaller assignments.

At end of day vehicles must be fueled, restocked and cleaned in
readiness for possible emergency work during nightime hours.
Productive and fun work place.
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJanuary 12, 2015
I recommend working here if you have the chance; Great work life balance.
My Experience in NSTAR
Data/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
NSTAR had a great working environment and the team member’s always appreciated and encouraged to bring the best out of me. The co workers had the jest of helping me to grow and excel in my area. People around me have been very helping and cooperating . It has been a wonderful learning process by working under all the senior people, and imbibing the work culture and handling the work in an efficient and calm manner.
I good company to work for, the utility business is generally a very stable environment to be part of
Manager, Investment Planning (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 31, 2014
NSTAR has been a very good company to work for, it has undergone significant change in last two years as the company is now part of Northeast Utilities, a large utility holding company that also owns PSNH, CL&P, Western Mass Electric and Yankee Gas.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Windsor, CTNovember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, salary
Cons: not very rewarding. not challenging enough anymore.
A typical day at work may contain taking customer phone calls throughout the day, while simultaneously working our job queues. We handle many situations such as bankruptcies, ID Theft claims, settlements, deceased, as well as acting as a client in court. The hardest part of my job is knowing that they will be outsourcing the credit department soon. The most enjoyable part of my job is working collaboratively with my co-workers to reach the same goal. Management is a strong piece of the puzzle. I understand it can be a very rewarding job while at times, very frustrating. I believe a great team comes from a great leader.
Great Working Environment
Intern (Current Employee), Westwood, MANovember 5, 2014
Always surrounded by people who are very knowledgeable of the utility industry!
Great work place
Auditor (Former Employee), Berlin, CTOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: far from home
very busy; learned about utilities business, far from home
Fun to work well respected by the staff.
Lead Engineer - Substation Technical Group (Current Employee), Westwood, MAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: self management with full responsibility
Work on several projects. Maintain schedule. Site visits to meet the staff to resolve there technical issues. Perform Acceptance tests of new or replaced equipments. Coordinate work with various supervisors. Interact with contractor and supplier.
Productive and motivating place to work
GIS Drafting Tecnician (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 1, 2014
Great learning environment

Overall positive experience learning from people who have been working in the field for a long time.
professional and well structured working environment
CL&P Temp (Former Employee), Windsor CTAugust 7, 2014
I learned alot about how to difuse an unsatisfied customer . Working for Northeast Utilites really strenghed my customer service skills and working with my team was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the individuals on my team.
It's not the company I started started at so long ago
Business Application Systems Developer (Former Employee), Berlin, CTAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, compensation, training, co-workers
Cons: all the pros are disappearing to boost stock value
When I started at NU almost 20 years ago, it was a close knit, dedicated, results-oriented team. Unfortunately, after two major mergers cost-cutting and outsourcing have become the name of the game. I was very lucky and am eternally grateful to the managers who saw my potential early on and helped me develop a career in IT. Sadly, NU is no longer a place where you can expect to build a career; rather you can increasingly expect the new management to be treat you as a temporary, disposable vendor.
Very Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Lead Rep (Former Employee), Berlin, CTJune 18, 2014
Pros: monthly events to boost moral and the benefits
Cons: there were none
I loved this company. I was able to grow and have fun doing it, The company is very family oriented and the Management was great. I learned a great deal about collecting the correct way as well as dealing with irate customers. The most rewarding part was to help people find assistance to get help with their utility bills. The hardest part was not being able to help,
Good starting point.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, CTJune 10, 2014
Strong company and the call center is a good starting point.
Advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMay 5, 2014
Loved helping the customers and very great place to work. Loved the atmosphere.
One of the worst companies I ever worked for
AREA ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), New Britain, CTApril 20, 2014
Pros: the outside vendors were terrific people....loved them!
Cons: defiently male oriented, females not looked upon favorablely, temps treated like dirt
The management ( if you would even call it that ) in this company was absolutely awful. Favoritism for some employees only.

Everyone was into everyone else's business and tattletale mentality as far as running to the bosses for every little thing. I have witnessed employees being dressed down in front of the whole office with no regard for that particular person.

I can't express enough what a demeaning place to work. I went to our company holiday party one year and we were all informed that lay offs would begin in January. Happy Holidays!
Great place to work and 27 years speaks of my dedication and loyalty
Chief Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great benfits
Cons: outsourced
My 27+ years at Northeast Utilities speaks of my loyalty and dedication to the company. We were more than co-workers we were a family and work together as one. We had our ups and downs but we always worked as a team. I supervised 15 employees and managed their daily duties. My job included training on the processing equipment and managing the daily deposit for lockbox services going to the bank. The daily deposit total over 11 million dollars a day and I was responsible for handling and transmitting the deposit to the bank. I also collaborated with software vendors to keep the production efficient and the deposit on time I enjoyed my stay at Northeast and would have still been there if the job was not outsourced to Texas. I also worked customer service as back up during storms and outages. The hardest part of the job was leaving all my friends. The benefits was great and my vacation time total 5 weeks, I am sad to see it go. My supervisor was a great lady to work for and became a very good friend at work and home.

1 2 3