Eversource Energy Employee Reviews

After 8 great years, reassigned to a guaranteed job failure & layoff
Technical Admin (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2017
No comments due to legal requirements. See the story about them on "60 Minutes" to get a real idea of the company ideals by how they treat their American employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Can be forced to work over 100 hours/week for 40 hour paycheck
Great Company
Manager, Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2017
Working at Eversource was a rewarding experience indeed. I liked it so much I spent 25 years of my career there. The employees are dedicated, bright and are experienced at what they do. I was able to work on a variety of projects that had productive and meaningful impact on corp. goals.
Pros
people, teamwork, well organized, benefits
Cons
large organization still coming together as one company after large merger
this company is looking to cut costs on every front
Meter service mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJuly 12, 2017
very poor customer service, almost every job classification has contractors performing daily job assignments of permanent employees.Very few jobs are being replaced when there is an position. The future there looks bleak.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
a very diciplined company very poor labor relations, too much outsourcing
Great Workplace
PR Specialist - Internship (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 26, 2017
Great coworkers and team. The company was open and laid back. Environment was comfortable. Would recommend this job to other people to work for. Had fun.
Employees Not Valued
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 12, 2017
Eversource energy is not the same company as it was before the merger. In my experience, any concerns about the work culture are ignored by management. The employees are miserable, the expectation is unreachable, and any negative input is dismissed. As in most companies, the wrong people are given leadership roles who don't have a good relationship or rappor with their employees. I've seen my previous bosses LinkedIn account and she is full of bologna.
Pros
Reasonable benefits.
Cons
Leadership cliques who hire their friends instead of the right person for the job.
Inventory Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTJune 7, 2017
Loved the people, the environment and the daily challenge. Something new was learned here daily and I was here for 2.5 years.
Will definitely miss this job.
Very stressful environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 30, 2017
Employees are very friendly. Management does not value its employees for their knowledge or experience unless they are located in the Boston area. A different company since the merger.
Good people, but not a great employer
Assistant Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTMay 23, 2017
As a contractor there is little room for advancement after 2 years and I have been strung along to believe there would be a full time position available. It seems that they hire contractors as a way to pay people less and not give out benefits.
The people I work with however are wonderful and are really the main reason I stay at the company. I also love the work I do. However the culture fosters an atmosphere where many employees feel overworked.
work comes first, family is not important to management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strong, MSMay 3, 2017
A relief to leave...too much stress...zero work/home life balance. Most of the people are great...management is not. The pay is good but it isn't worth it.
Eversource
Intern (Current Employee) –  BerlinApril 19, 2017
Good company to work for. Lots of knowledgable employees. Employees have a lot of upward potential. The work environment is fast paced, challenging, but friendly.
Friendly and Learning Workplace
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTApril 19, 2017
Eversource is a very friendly workplace ever in my life. Co-workers and manager are really expert and helpful. I learned lots of new tools and learned how to complete the assigned job in the assigned time.
Associate Energy Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTApril 16, 2017
 Streamlined documentation process by creating tools and templates which reduced input time by 90%, also designed a tracking system by using pivot tables in Excel to track performances of the consultants
 Proposed the integrated system prototype and participated in implementation to improve the work efficiency, tracking capacity, and customer acceptance by applying lean concepts and principles
Pros
good exposure to the utility industry
Cons
Does not sponsor H1b visa
Energy company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTMarch 25, 2017
Typical work day is extremely busy and long. Management support is ok and culture is mediocre. I've learned that there are many facets to the electrical utility industry.
A friendly work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 22, 2017
A great place to work, friendly coworkers have a strong teamwork ethic. Answering the phones and completing service orders. As i go into healthcare facilities and see the company logo on boxes I always feel proud to say I worked there.
Very old school, but stable and good benefits
Associate Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTMarch 11, 2017
I worked here when it was called Northeast Utilities for about three years in the Tax Department. Management really isn't good and there are a lot of odd ducks in this company. But the work/life balance is usually good, despite having to work a few weekends throughout the year. The retirement benefits are outstanding and the bonuses are decent. Overall, I regret leaving the company five years ago.
not many happy faces here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTMarch 7, 2017
High turn over and management seems lost. Co-workers can be brutal backstabbers at times too. The company motto is " Our company makes money in spite of itself".
Ethics are not important here and company culture nonexistent.
Pros
The company looks good on your resume
Cons
management is lost at grasping at straws
Gas sales stink!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CTMarch 3, 2017
Gas sales dept. recently began an initiative to "shake up" the sales departments. They do not know what they are doing and have hired some real beauties for managers.
If you want to be micro micro managed and controlled than this is your place.
Pros
clean bathrooms
Cons
It is difficult to find an employee that is happy working here.
Overall good company to work for.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 2, 2017
Fast paced environment. Working with customers, solving billing issues, answering questions and informing customers of ways to save on their energy bills. Always new information with regard to policy changes to keep up with.
Contractor work
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2017
Very flexible hours and great management in the GIS department. Love working here but, need full time benefits. Great learning environment. Very good pay.
Nice place to work
ORACLE APPS DBA (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 24, 2017
Its again a nice place to work with a good team to support and new things to learn. Its a great opputunity to work in this company along with couple of other DBA's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eversource Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval