Eversource Energy Employee Reviews

Helping the aging workforce and extending careers to their fullest potential
Ergonomics Injury Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTJanuary 23, 2016
This is a contract position. The best explanation is the ability to help the workers and halt the stress and strain on the aging workforce. When the worker says that is great, I feel better, I can really use that type of procedure and technique and apply it immediately. We have been seeking this type of health benefit for our company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Driving distances
Summary
Supervisor, Distribution Lines (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2015
Provided leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of all work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution system. Planned, scheduled, coordinated, and supervised all Line Department activity in various assigned areas of responsibility. Ensured effective coordination among and between individuals and departments in the district/division. Actively promoted and enforced a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Demonstrated a customer-focus commitment and ensured department members deliver the best possible customer experience
Pros
Power/Energy Industry
Cons
Northeast Culture
Rewarding work with challenges
IT Consultant (in-house) (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTOctober 24, 2015
Overall, I find it very rewarding to provide electricity and gas to our community. I have worked with some innovated technologies and great people. I am constantly solving problems that make a difference.

Since the merger, morale has deteriorated. Budgets and staffing levels decreased. Workloads increased. We have been assigned some ambitious projects with uncomfortably aggressive deadlines. Contractors are used frequently.

IT was outsourced, and nearly 50% of IT staff was let go in 2014.

Be prepared, you will do storm support and on-call support. I worked over 12 hours a day until power is restored which was several days. In my area of IT, I am on-call 7x24 for up to 180 days a year. Storm duty and on-call are unpaid, but your salary and bonuses are above average to make up for this.

Another challenge/opportunity is many of the remaining IT leadership will be retiring over the next 2 to 5 years. The good news is plenty opportunities for advancement for ambitious, skilled, IT leader. The downside is a large amount of experience and historical knowledge will be leaving.
Pros
Rewarding, good & bright colleagues, above average salary & benefits
Cons
team have small numbers of member & no depth, on-call, outsourced IT, stress
A decent working environment
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTOctober 22, 2015
After a rocky merger with N-Star, there is still instability and change occurring. For the most part, eversource is a good company to work for and wants to be a innovator to the industry.
Pros
training and education
Cons
reduction in benefits, layoffs
Productive place to work and learn alot in the ultiity field
Associate Meter Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTOctober 3, 2015
Great place to work and gain experience and work with the public giving and providing excellent customer service.

Company treats there employee great
Pros
great staff
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work
Distributive Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTSeptember 26, 2015
A nice place to work but I somehow worked my way out of the job. I would have liked being employed here longer. The most enjoyable part of this job were the people in the Distributive services department.
Productive environment for professional and hard-working individuals
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2015
Eversource is a productive utility company with many ongoing projects. There are a lot of expectations and always work to do. It is a great job to have that pays off well with benefits.
A company that felt like family
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 16, 2015
Everyone helps everyone whenever needed. Employees are always saying "good morning" or "Hi" to you whether they know you or not. Very friendly company and inviting. I work with a very supportive staff where we all became very good friends. We could laugh and joke or cry on someone's shoulder if needed for support. However, with a company reorg, my position is being eliminated and I am transitioning out through the end of this year.
Pros
Good people and great benefits
Cons
Merger and reorg.
My tenure at Northeast Utilities (now Eversource) was a roller coaster, but also provided me with immense knowledge of PR and interviewing prowess.
daily basis, as well as senior management (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTJuly 17, 2015
For more than 24 years I was a writer, editor and public relations spokesman. One of the finest parts of being with NU was interacting with all levels, from maintenance people to the CEO. Interviews, news releases, program development and other techniques were always a part of my daily existence there.

Management was demanding, though for a time it was fair, and that is all anyone can ask. There were some serious issues with one director in our department, though he ultimately took another position in another state. The opportunities for advancement were not good, which is why I finally decided to apply for the position at Saint Raphael's.

I would not have asked for better coworkers. They were a rock and we supported each other. My immediate supervisor was great, and all with whom I interacted over the years all over the company were dynamic and great to work with. It made coming to work very enjoyable, despite the constant challenge of trying to do the will of the department head.
Overwhelming
Customer Service Rep 4 (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 16, 2015
No life/ work balance, micromanagement is ridiculous- literally every second of your work day has to be accounted for and Lord forbid you have to use the bathroom outside of your break. The pay and benefits were awesome, but it wasn't worth it.
Cons
Short lunch, long days, micromanagement, mandatory OT
Great company to work for
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2015
Great company to work for.
Lots of projects, great culture but they don't sponsor H1B visas
Very few international workers
very interesting and fast past work environment
Distribution system operator (Current Employee) –  Berlin CtJuly 6, 2015
Eversource has been a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefits, competitive pay, and a dynamic work environment. All of the co-workers and supervisors are very knowledgable and experienced.
Pros
good pay and benefits and interesting work
Cons
The weather. Its far to cold in Connecticut
High energy productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester NHJune 30, 2015
A great company to work for, the company policies are very well thought out. It is a very high call volume company and we are setup to handle the volume.
Job Advancement - Very Difficult
Energy Efficiency Administrator (Current Employee) –  BerlinJune 23, 2015
Some departments within this company prefer to hire external candidates rather than foster and progress their internal employees.
Very good Benefits
Senior Financial / Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 18, 2015
Very good benefits...good retirement package with Pension, good medical and dental coverage, Utility Industry, very interesting industry
Pros
Good Gym
Cons
Have to work in bad weather
Excellent company to work for
Training Supervisor - Power System Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2015
I enjoy working for Eversource. My job is rewarding and they offer a good benefits package. They are a military friendly company which I would not hesitate to recommend.
Pros
benfits, pay
Cons
commute (boston traffic), storm duty
Once a great company until they began to ourtsource
UX Designer and Usability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 19, 2015
It was a great job until they outsourced the IT department to InfoSys for cost cutting measures.

Employees cared about their jobs and many worked there for a long period of time. However, with the merger came labor cost cutting measures which eliminated 200 IT positions.
Pros
Great working group
Cons
Labor cuts to IT employees
Neutral
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTMay 11, 2015
Great benefits and work environment. Direct management is flexible. Company is currently going through a state of constant change due to a recent merger with NSTAR.
Too many employee complaints
Network Analyst/Engineer (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 26, 2015
I was considering a fulltime position but after three months I discovered it would be best to move on. Too much uncertainty and instability after merger with office staff reductions and office closings, consolidations, etc.
Pros
Cons
poor attitudes
New England's premier utility
Gas Supply Co-op (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 9, 2015
Eversource Energy is the power house of New England. As a well established company, there isn't much room for innovation or new ideas. It is mostly the logistical work of how to keep the lights on. Can be rewarding, the people are great, and the benefits are too.

4.2