Eversource Energy Employee Reviews

Energy company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTMarch 25, 2017
Typical work day is extremely busy and long. Management support is ok and culture is mediocre. I've learned that there are many facets to the electrical utility industry.
A friendly work enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAMarch 22, 2017
A great place to work, friendly coworkers have a strong teamwork ethic. Answering the phones and completing service orders. As i go into healthcare facilities and see the company logo on boxes I always feel proud to say I worked there.
Very old school, but stable and good benefits
Associate Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTMarch 11, 2017
I worked here when it was called Northeast Utilities for about three years in the Tax Department. Management really isn't good and there are a lot of odd ducks in this company. But the work/life balance is usually good, despite having to work a few weekends throughout the year. The retirement benefits are outstanding and the bonuses are decent. Overall, I regret leaving the company five years ago.
not many happy faces here
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTMarch 7, 2017
High turn over and management seems lost. Co-workers can be brutal backstabbers at times too. The company motto is " Our company makes money in spite of itself".
Ethics are not important here and company culture nonexistent.
Pros
The company looks good on your resume
Cons
management is lost at grasping at straws
Gas sales stink!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  CTMarch 3, 2017
Gas sales dept. recently began an initiative to "shake up" the sales departments. They do not know what they are doing and have hired some real beauties for managers.
If you want to be micro micro managed and controlled than this is your place.
Pros
clean bathrooms
Cons
It is difficult to find an employee that is happy working here.
Overall good company to work for.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 2, 2017
Fast paced environment. Working with customers, solving billing issues, answering questions and informing customers of ways to save on their energy bills. Always new information with regard to policy changes to keep up with.
Contractor work
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2017
Very flexible hours and great management in the GIS department. Love working here but, need full time benefits. Great learning environment. Very good pay.
Nice place to work
ORACLE APPS DBA (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 24, 2017
Its again a nice place to work with a good team to support and new things to learn. Its a great opputunity to work in this company along with couple of other DBA's
Organized work place with nice colleagues.
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Got connected with a lot of professionals with good technical and management skills. Really learned a lot from managers and colleagues. Got a broader view on how the industry works and how to develop a better product or program. Also expand my network across the industry.
micro manaegment is ridiculous
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  manchester, nhDecember 10, 2016
decent pay if you don't mind extreme micro management, catty coworkers and taking constant abusive phone calls for 9 hours a day, every day
Pros
pay
Cons
stressful/degrading

Want to know more about Eversource Energy?

Ask a question
Good place to have a career
Working foreman line dept (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHDecember 7, 2016
Great place to work started in January 1983 doing meter work with public service of new Hampshire then went into the line dept in 1985 later on the company became part of northwest utilities and now known as eversource im have been foreman in the line dept for about 16 years in charge of many projects overhead and underground installation and replacement jobs at this time I have been supervising outside utilities which have been working on our system
Professional and friendly work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CTDecember 4, 2016
Enjoyed talking to new people on the phones in everyday interactions. Management was supportive and always there when questions came up. Co-workers normally stayed to themselves but lunch breaks were very fun and was great to become social.
Pros
Meeting new people, working close with management
Cons
short breaks
The people I work with are exceptional
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 22, 2016
I have the opportunity to go to job sites, review the projects with engineers and construction contractors. The co-workers are exceptional and I have a very good working relationship with all of them - no matter their discipline. Everyday provides a learning opportunity. I support my teams and in return I have their respect.
Pros
the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
Life Balance could be better
Laid-back environment and freedom to do what you need to do
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTNovember 11, 2016
Eversource is a great place to work. Everyone is very laid-back and will let you get your work done without looking over your shoulder all the time. Management could be better, but in general they do a good job of relaying information and giving advice when necessary. Job security seems to be very strong, but advancement in the company seems more difficult as most people have been working here for years. Overall though I have found it to be an inviting atmosphere and the amount of trust they show in their employees is heartening.
Pros
Good cafeteria, autonomy, friendly co-workers
Cons
Management a bit disorganized, advancement is rather difficult
Best place to work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MANovember 4, 2016
Typical work day is setting up your own work schedule and goals for the day. Ideal month end close schedule. Co workers were all well balanced individuals with the eagerness to succeed. The hardest part of the position was during storm duty where normal work day was disrupted.
novitex
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 10, 2016
this is a great place to work
ok benefits
they feed you
overtime
a lot of hard work
people friendly
fast pace environment
big plant
free parking
located next to the airport
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 10, 2016
It's a great company to work for for benefits and compensation. It can be very stressful at times. When there are storms you have to work! It will turn into a 24 HR shifts
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Stressful
Company provided 22 years of training and support throughout my career.
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee) –  Berlin, CTSeptember 30, 2016
My opinion:

Typical day at work - Fast paced and customer oriented.

What I learned - How to support all levels of management and provide support to customers and our communities.

Management - Encouraged education and training. Provided a safe work environment and equal opportunity for all employees.

The hardest part of the job - Providing Emergency Preparedness Support during storm restoration. Restoration support required you to be away from your home and your family for weeks at a time. It is a requirement for employment.

The most enjoyable part of the job. Daily contact with customers, shareholders and our community.
Great Co-Workers Very Little communication with management
Customer Service Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 27, 2016
I worked in the call center in both customer service and credit and collections. It is a fast paced environment with back to back to back phone calls while completing daily assignments in between calls.
Pros
A lot of overtime, excellent benefits
Cons
storm duty, no communication from management. too many chiefs and not a lot of Indians
Great Place to Work
Records Technician A (Current Employee) –  Berlin, CTAugust 10, 2016
I've worked here for the past 8 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. There is always something new to learn, your co-workers are more like family and everyone is a team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eversource Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2