Evertec

Evertec Employee Reviews

QlikView Developer & Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: break
Production work which helps develop fast and accurate on the keyboard.
Top electronic transfer company in the island
IT Scheduling Analyst Coordinator (Current Employee), San Juan, PRDecember 1, 2014
Great benefits, hard work and gives back a lot to the community. It's a great company to start and with the experience aquired move forward.
Great place for innovation and professional development.
Accountant (Current Employee), San Juan, PRNovember 19, 2014
Fast-paced environment, especially on Accounting and Finance.
Great Company
Analyst (Former Employee), San Juan, PROctober 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary
Great company with good benefits but not to cary to work life balance.
Productive Place to Work
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 24, 2014
Pros: development
Cons: n/a
EVERTEC is the most powerfull company in Puerto Rico dedicated to Transactions Processing.
Team work
Programmer / Installer (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 21, 2014
Evertec was a really good job and I never did anything like that before and I enjoy it so much because it was a enviroment in which one of the requirements it was to be a quick learner because we have to know how to operate a atm machine and the software of that machine and that was really interesting because it was a new thing for me and I am the kind of person that I love to learn and try new things and because of that I love that job too.
a great company to work for after many years
Communications Analyst (Former Employee), PRMay 5, 2014
Pros: all benefits
Cons: didn't have space to grow as a professional
Always very busy in dealing with all types of situations that occurred and may the day challenging in the communications field.
Enjoyable Programming
Computer Literacy Instructor (Former Employee), Rio Piedras, PRApril 26, 2014
Learned and taught every aspects of the Y2K Project (year 2000).
Main work related to bank activities
Network Administrator (Current Employee), San Juan, PRApril 3, 2014
The company is well structured and management is committed to achieve goals.
PRODUCTIVE
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATED (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRMarch 16, 2014
MY TYPICAL DAY IS SUNDAY
WAREHOUSE INVENTORY CONTROL AN INVOICING
The Perfect Workplace!
IT Project Manager and Business Analyst (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: awesome!
Cons: i had to move :(
I was a very happy project manager and BA until my husband had to transfer. Ever since I have not been able to find that same culture and experience I once had in this company.
Great Company
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee), Cupey, PROctober 29, 2013
Is a great company at all, good benefits and good co workers. I have learned a lot in my position and I'm very pleased with the treatment of my supervisors.
Read
Accountant (Current Employee), CupeyOctober 21, 2013
Duties:

• Intra-company reconciliations & other month end general ledger reconciliations.
• Variance Analysis, Accruals
• Coordinate the compilation of documents in the audit process.
Customer Service Representative
Help Desk (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 30, 2013
Cons: no balance between work and life after working hours.
Worked with goverment programs as: TNAP, Unemployment, Fondo del Seguro de Estado, etc. Gave the customers the balance in ther accounts, bring them information about next deposits.
Uncertain Company
POS Help Desk Operator (Former Employee), CupeyMay 17, 2013
Pros: payday
Cons: late training material
My job began at 10:00 am, advising customers by telephone regarding doubts and problems with their Evertec equipment, credit balances, and Ivu Loto. I learned to use Evertec equipment, and how to handle decisions. The management requires evaluation. My co-workers need team working skills. The hardest part of the job was dealing with last time decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a new challenge.
Its a good school to find a good job.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Cupey, PRApril 14, 2013
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: too much employee turn over, gossip environment, lack and bad communication between teams, exploits exempt employees by having them work weeks without sleeping, no extra bonuses or compensations.
Lack of leadership in management . Its a good school to start and find a good job.
EVERTEC
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Cupey, Puerto RicoMarch 18, 2013
EVERTEC is the leading, full-service transaction processing business in Latin America and the Caribbean. Based in Puerto Rico, EVERTEC provides a broad range of merchant acquiring, payment processing and business process management services across 19 countries in the region. EVERTEC processes over 1.2 billion transactions annually, and manages the electronic payment network for over 4,900 automated teller machines (“ATM”) and over 107,000 point-of-sale payment terminals. EVERTEC is the largest merchant acquirer in the Caribbean and Central America and the sixth largest in Latin America. EVERTEC owns and operates the ATH network, one of the leading ATM and personal identification number debit networks and financial services brands in Latin America. In addition, EVERTEC provides a comprehensive suite of software and services for core bank processing, cash processing and technology outsourcing. EVERTEC serves a broad and diversified customer base of leading financial institutions, merchants, corporations and government agencies with mission critical technology solutions.

EVERTEC is 51% owned by an affiliate of Apollo Global Management, LLC, a leading private equity investor, and 49% owned by Popular, Inc., the largest financial institution in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean.
nice co-workers but the work load is excesive
System analyst (Current Employee), San Juan, PRFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: low compensation ($$)
working hours from 8 to 5 pm (monday through friday) and occasionaly on weekends. Dealing with lots of differents application in different platforms.
lots of management changes lately and make me feel insecure about my job.
Wonderful co-workers
hardest part of the job is dealing with lots of differents platforms
Good for gaining experience, bad to make it a living
Software Testing Coordinator (Current Employee), Cupey, PRDecember 14, 2012
Pros: good pay for a starting possition, learn new technologies and processes
Cons: too much gossip environment, lack and bad communication between teams, exploits exempt employees by having them work weeks without sleeping, no extra bonuses or compensations
Started with no training bringing my own computer. A normal day would be as follows: Go to my cubicle, read emails, await for orders. Idle time ranges from hours to weeks. Have to self educate in tools to automate tests. I learned how to use some high end tools for the testing field. My supervisor was a pro worker and various times he put himself to take the bullet for us even if he had the reasons not to do it. My co-workers were able to work as a team with me to get the things done before the time limit. Hardest part of the job will be the idle times even when there were a lot of work to do. This happened when the environments were not equal to production, programming didn't delivered the proper software or documentation, some trouble with the machines. I enjoyed the time spent with co-workers trying to solve problems, having the satisfaction of successfully make a full certification before the time limit and being productive.

About Evertec

EVERTEC (NYSE: EVTC), is the leading full-service transaction processing business in Latin America and the Caribbean. Based in – Read more