EveryNetwork is seeking an experienced Help Desk Engineer to join our 24/7 talented team in our Concord, MA office. We are recruiting to fill a position in a Monday-Friday shift.
EveryNetwork is not your ordinary IT consulting and services provider! We are a state-of-the-art company specializing in solving tough IT problems for high-velocity, communications-intensive small to mid-sized companies.
You will need to review, analyze, diagnose, resolve or escalate trouble issues, perform scheduled work, and perform proactive maintenance.
Your primary daily responsibilities will include phone support for external clients for problems ranging from simple application support to mobile and tablet challenges or issues.
To succeed, you must possess outstanding customer support skills, should have a strong working knowledge of current industry standard terms and practices, and the ability to work patiently with people at all levels of experience and technical knowledge.
Qualified candidates must have minimum of 2-4 years Customer Service experience with comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in the following areas.
Required Desktop Client Support
- Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, XP)
- Mac OSX
- MS Office Suites, including MS Outlook for both Windows and Mac platforms
- Remote control software
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues including: wireless, VPN, intranet and internet related
- Mobile device and tablet end-user support
Desired (but not required) Network/Server Support
- Windows Server 2003 – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP
- Understanding of Exchange / Exchange Messaging Environments
- Understanding Cisco, SonicWall Firewalls and VPN technologies
- Network Service Provider – T1, DSL, High Speed Cable, etc.
- Network troubleshooting, including IP addressing
- Backups technologies and concepts
- Mobile Devices (iPhone, iPad, Android devices, etc.)
Soft Skills and Passion for Customer Service
While experience and technical know-how are important to the position we also value a number of intangible qualities and attributes that one could bring to the position. In fact, these soft skills will likely carry a very heavy grade in deciding upon the right candidate for the role. A candidate with very strong “soft skills” who has a good level of technical aptitude but perhaps not direct experience would likely be favored over someone who has a lot of technical experience but little in the way of customer service skills.
Some of these are:
- Strong customer service skills
- A passion for representing and advocating for the customer
- Strong work ethic - “be an A player”
- Attention to detail
- Professional, calm, courteous and friendly demeanor
- Approachable with excellent phone skills and not at all cynical towards those who may be less technical – whether they are present or not.
- Willingness to get in early, stay late, give 110% and go the extra mile
- Own all issues. Everything should be your problem to one extent or another. Try to help in any way you can.
- Anticipate problems before they become problems and have a solution ready
- Proactive and service friendly rather than reactive and discouraging of interaction.
- Lead by example first and foremost. The rest of the team should take their "lead" from you.
- Take conversations with other IT and department managers seriously and consider who you are talking to. Be as professional as possible while still keeping within your own personality and the culture of the company. “Build bridges” do not silo off into your own department.
BS/BA Degree or equivalent industry experience
Communication and Other
- Must demonstrate a take ownership attitude and possess excellent English communications skills
- Experience with network monitoring tools a plus
- Knowledge of call tracking tools, managing queues, escalations a plus
- Good problem solving skills for problems of moderate to medium complexity
- Sports minded / Team player
- Ability to take direction and show good judgment/time management when escalating issues
- Must be able to work creatively, calmly, flexibly and under tight deadlines in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting/multiple demands and opportunities
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with users, co-workers, application developers and IT personnel both verbally and in writing
- A self-starter who is a team player and has the ability to multi-task.
- Stay current with technology with a desire for increased technical knowledge and expertise.
- Help Desk Institute desired but not required