Everyday Health Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for self starter
IT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2015
Great place for self starter.
Innovative place
Good opportunity to learn due to vast exposure
Typical benefits which is a plus for a young company
Corporate Hierarchy
Associate Director, Strategic Sales Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
There is very much a pecking order here. Those who have been there since the beginning have a lot more allowances than those who have not. Working from home, even in the most extreme cases, is shunned upon. They do offer unlimited vacations, but be very careful because they are tracking everything you do and if you do take too many vacations they will penalize you for it. The culture is very bad. Management does not look out for their employees at all. I wasn't even introduced to my team or the people I would be working with when I started. I was left to fend for myself since day one.
Leading provider of online health solutions.
SEO Support and Office Management (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 8, 2012
Attracting 30 million monthly unique visitors (source: comScore), Everyday Health, Inc. is the largest provider of online health solutions. The company offers consumers, healthcare professionals and marketers with content and advertising-based services. Its broad portfolio of websites and mobile applications span the health spectrum–from in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management to healthy lifestyle offerings. Everyday Health offers the tools, community, and expert advice people need to live healthier lives, every day. Everyday Health, the television series, is brought to you by EverydayHealth.com and airs each weekend on ABC stations around the country. Everyday Health was founded in 2002 by CEO, Ben Wolin, and President, Mike Keriakos. The Wall Street Journal recognized Everyday Health, from a pool of more than 10,000 start ups, as one of the 50 most promising venture-capital backed companies
Constantly changing poorly run workplace
Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2013
Most employees are competent and generally good people. Some are inefficient and poor workers. Management is terrible. Communication is terrible. Managers don't realize where their team's talent lies and good employees are often undervalued, while poor employees are overvalued. This is one of the reasons for high turnover -- the good employees move on.
Pros
nice co-workers - misery loves company
Cons
disconnect between managers and employees
Great and productive team to work with
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2013
I worked on the web application which was developed in html, java script, xml and I believe it had flash in front end and java as a back end. As a QA Engineer, I got the opportunity to work closely with clients in gathering and reviewing Business requirements. I was also involved in creating and executing test plans as per the requirement of the client, and wrote functional test cases from use cases and BRD.

I also performed various kind of testing like Functional, Regression UAT, Sanity, smoke and backend testing. I have also wrote SQL Query to extract data for daily reports and graphs from quality center and used SQL statement for performing backend testing. And I have also created and generated weekly status reports to the team manager and participated in weekly status meeting with team members.

As part of a QA I have also got the chance to attend the requirement walk through meeting with Business Analyst and given the Test case walkthrough to our clients. Besides these, I logged defects using quality center and used this tool as a test management. Once the defects were fixed, I retested them and if they were passed, I closed them and if the defects were not fixed, then i would return and assigned it back to the corresponding team which was our developer.
Generally good company
Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2013
The company is very good at making employees comfortable - fresh fruit in the mornings, feminine hygiene products in the restroom, unlimited time off, etc. There is, however, a lot of change in the company direction and image, which can be a little unnerving.
Pros
free food, nice atmosphere, perks
Cons
constant change in direction
Wonderful place to work with nice people
Production Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2013
The New York offices are a great place to work and the people are enthusiastic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Everyday Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8