HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST: CINCINNATI, OH
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE NEED
Everything But The House (EBTH) is a revolutionary online personal property and estate sale service provider based out of Cincinnati, Ohio (see www.EBTH.com). EBTH has experienced rapid growth since 2006 and is currently undergoing rapid expansion.
We are seeking an HR Generalist who will help lead EBTH into new markets as we expand across the country. EBTH is a vibrant, game-changing company and we’re looking for an all-out team player that can thrive in a startup culture and help us grow this exciting business.
The HR Generalist position is a brand new position for our company and, as such, you will have the exciting opportunity of leading and developing human resources programs and protocols from the ground floor and making an impact at all levels of the organization. You’ll also help us a hire a LOT of people. Generally speaking, the HR Generalist will be responsible for day-to-day human resources operations. This will include, but won’t be limited to, employee relations, performance management, recruiting / talent management, and payroll and benefits related matters.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ready to hit the ground running? You better be! We’re growing quickly and will be launching EBTH in a number of new cities late this year / early next. We’re looking for an incredibly organized, highly motivated, slightly obsessive, jack-of-all-trades, charismatic, team player. Quite the mix, huh? Sound like you?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and manage the implementation of corporate HR processes, procedures, and programs.
- Provide HR counsel and support in a variety of areas including employee relations, performance management, career development, recruitment, and staffing management.
- Oversee and manage all recruiting & hiring for EBTH with a mission of securing top talent.
- Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying tools, policies, and procedures in order to maximize employee performance, achieve organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement, and ensure legal compliance.
- Assess and maintain employee handbook and effectively communicate policies and procedures to all employees.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9's, performance documentation, etc.).
- Institute company benefits programs that assist in our goal of attracting top talent.
- Coordinate payroll processing activities utilizing the latest technology with a goal of effortless administration.
- Serve as a change management leader, effectively preparing managers and employees to drive change via a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proactively identify employee relations and retention issues with a goal of improving long-term retention.
- Monitor and advise managers in the progressive disciplinary process leading to a performance improvement plan (PIP) for non-performing employees.
- Provide guidance to managers when employee terminations are necessary as well as conduct exit interviews to solicit feedback for management.
- Work proactively with managers and leaders to evaluate and prepare for future talent needs.
- Identify and drive initiatives that support EBTH’s corporate culture…keeping it fun and exciting to be a part of the rapidly expanding EBTH team!
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, business administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) + years’ progressive, cross-functional HR experience.
- Strong (documented) knowledge of HR policies, processes, and programs.
- Outstanding writing, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success executing change initiatives with a sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Proven ability to consult, partner with, and influence leaders across an organization and multiple functions.
- Responsive, with strong interpersonal, relationship-building and communication prowess.
- People skills, people skills, and more people skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, HR systems, and payroll software.
- A sense of humor. No, really!
NICE TO HAVE
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Leadership, or Business Administration.
- PHR or SPHR Certification
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience.