TRAINING MANAGER | CINCINNATI, OH
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE NEED
Everything But The House (EBTH) is a revolutionary online personal property and estate sale service provider based out of Cincinnati, Ohio (see www.EBTH.com). EBTH has experienced rapid growth since 2006 and is currently undergoing rapid expansion.
We are seeking a Training Manager who will help lead EBTH into new markets as we expand across the country. EBTH is a vibrant, game-changing company and we’re looking for an all-out team player that can thrive in a startup culture and help us grow this exciting business.
The Training Manager position is a brand new position for our company and, as such, you will have the exciting opportunity of leading and developing programs and protocols from the ground floor. As a young company, we move fast and take risks – and while this will be a very demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals that are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way that personal property is sold, bought, and moved across the country and across the world – and we have a lot of fun while we’re doing it.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Ready to hit the ground running? You better be! We’re growing quickly and will be launching EBTH in a number of new cities late this year / early next. We’re looking for an energetic, jack-of-all-trades, go-getter who isn’t afraid of the unknown or some seat time in a car or plane.
As our Training Manager, you’ll be responsible for our corporate training program(s) as well as setting up each new EBTH location. As such, we’re looking for someone who has training and field experience and has done this (or something very similar) in the past. Sound like you?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write / develop all EBTH training materials, manuals, protocols, and processes.
- Conduct and facilitate training programs by making appropriate travel arrangements, preparing training materials, coordinating and overseeing the entire training process, and ultimately updating and revising the training program, as necessary, to ensure the curriculum meets training needs.
- Act as a performance improvement resource for our location-specific General Managers and their staff by following up and providing individual coaching and one-on-one training, conducting remedial and refresher training, and suggesting additional educational and training alternatives and options.
- Identify areas for improvement and offer suggestions to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational standards.
- Help our location-specific General Managers hire teams of Sale Coordinators (these are the people that you will train!).
- Research new markets prior to launch and provide insight to EBTH’s management team.
- Work with our General Managers to secure office and / or warehouse space and negotiate lease contracts.
- Help establish relationships with local shippers and movers.
- Act as a liaison between our General Managers and EBTH’s senior management team.
- Provide ongoing training and support to all EBTH staff members – in all markets.
- Help with new market launch events and provide deliverables.
- And occasionally put out fires!
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of operations management and / or training experience.
- Documented project management / training skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, serious attention-to-detail.
- An outgoing and charismatic personality. Shy? Do not apply! This position calls for someone that is a natural leader and can command a room.
- Drive (A.K.A. “Hustle”!)! This business is fast-paced and challenging. We’re looking for a self-starter who is motivated to lead and take EBTH to the masses.
- An appreciation for rock-solid customer service and a desire to foster it.
- A team-player mentality with an ability to work independently and get (great) things done.
- Ability to balance attention-to-detail with quick execution. We need to act quickly, and we need to do things well. Balancing those can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours.
- Entrepreneurial DNA.
- Comfort with travel.
- A sense of humor. No, really!
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with multi-location businesses and / or startup experience.
- Master’s degree.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience.
- If you think you’re the perfect fit for this position and can’t wait to join the EBTH team, please email us your resume and contact information.