eviCore healthcare Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
UI Developer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCNovember 22, 2016
Great training, great morale, great benefits, ability to work from home. Management consistent. No gossip tolerated. Everyone works together as a team which makes the work much more palatable. Great place to work.
Excellent Place to work
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 12, 2016
Pros
Great Morale, easy to get time off when asked in advance
Cons
Inflexible schedule
Nice place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 19, 2016
It overall is a good company to work for, nothing bad to say at all. It is just that if you want something you have to be the best employee to get it.
Pros
They compensated well, pay is good along with PTO and they always did nice things free breakfast, lunch you name it.
Cons
Favoritism is throughout the company, you want to go places you have to be really close with management.
Awesome supervisiors
Clinical decision support rep (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 10, 2016
Loved my job was there for 7 yrs and my sup was great. great place to learn about the medical world and get your foot in a growing area that need more people.
Ok
Communications Specialist/Template Developer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 16, 2016
Job is wonderful. Love the folks I work with. We are an awesome team and do what needs to be done to accomplish the needed tasks.

Benefits are ok. For a healthcare company they have one of the worst health benefits.

Pay is not very comparable to industry standards.

Job security is questionable. There is no backing of employees by upper management. Quick to lay blame without the facts.
Pros
Co-workers, able to work remotely
Cons
Healthcare, no real job security, pay
The only benefit is working from home!
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 13, 2016
I was so excited about the opportunity to work from home as a nurse. However, this company has made it difficult for me to go to work everyday and I work from home. I have worked for this company for over a year. We have a 30 minute lunch break, 2-15 minute breaks. This is very fair in my opinion. However, recently they have decided to tack our restroom breaks onto the 15 minute breaks. So, now if we use the restroom throughout the day, it is subtracted from our 2-15 minute breaks. This is unbelievable. Management should treat their employees how they would like to be treated. I would not never nickle and dime someone of a quick 2 minute bathroom break. It doesn't take much time to run to the restroom and get back to work. It is disheartening. We are already penalized if we get sick and cannot come to work. There is a price to pay for what we want sometimes. I have the opportunity to work from home, but now with the micromanagement and with the high expectations in which the supervisors cannot even meet. I am currently seeking a new position at a different company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
penalized for restroom breaks and getting sick
nurse reviewer
Clinical Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 12, 2016
Company does not value their nursing staff at all. Attempting to replace the nursing knowledge of a nurse with a high school graduate with little clinical knowledge.
ok place to work
Clinical Quality Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCSeptember 4, 2016
Worked for this company for 4 years. I worked remotely from home and travel to customer sites. Ok, learned a great deal for my career. I saw a lot of company growth in 4 years
Great company to work for
Nonclinical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Evicore Healthcare, the company was great to work for but the compensation was not that good, they need to pay their employees better.
Pros
bonus
Cons
short lunches
They are trying to improve, but...
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2016
It's still a call center. A typical day at work involves answering calls the entire time you are clocked in, rarely having time to even take a sip of water. Management isn't available, because you have to be clocked in and on the phone all day. So if you have any difficulties you have to take your lunch or before work to handle them. They try to be helpful with having a gym on site, and outdoor areas to eat, and lots of training time, but you never have time once you start working to use any of the resources. If you step a toe even a tiny bit out of line, you get immediately reprimanded and/or fired, and they are monitoring you at all times.
Pros
they pay you
Cons
no benefits for three months, low pay, heavy work load
cutomer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2016
Job is okay wished they payed more I really like the job and I really enjoy working with medical I did go to school for my bachelors degree and did graduate with my bachelors
good company to work for
Clinical Decision Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2016
EviCore is a good company to work for. A typical day is taking calls and helping the doctors offices process requests for Catscans, MRI's etc. My co-workers are good people and who work hard and have a great team player ethic.
Pros
working from home, hoursand pay
Cons
very scripted
Worst place to work! Run away from here !!
Nurse reviewer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMay 20, 2016
I have been with this company over 5 years. Management is horrible. The right don't know what the left is doing. Too much favoritism depends on who you are. Things change by the hour so there's no way to keep up. They don't care about quality only quantity of cases you can do per day. And no LPNs don't make the same as the RNs do! They do the same job unless you're in management. The health insurance is so expensive. There are multiple computer problems on a daily basis . When you are on the phones you have to email a supervisor for permission to go to the bathroom. It is hard to get PTO time approved. You do a shift bid every 6 months so whoever your supervisor likes best are the ones that get the shift they want. Some great people work here but also very rude people do to and they are the ones that get the promotions. They tell you all these wonderful things to suck you in and after a year or so you are garbage! Stay away, you have been warned ....
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Expensive insurance, rude staff and callers, everything in between
Great Work Life Balance
Talent Acquisition Specialist (contract) (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 17, 2016
I was able to work from home and was able to balance work and life. Leadership was available to answer any questions I had.
Brief summary
Non-Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 13, 2016
I am currently a Non-Clinical Contact Center Supervisor for the Notification Unit. Our department is responsible for verbally notifying both providers and members of case authorization statuses for radiology studies that were submitted to a patient's health insurance for pre-approval.
Absolute worst incompetent non-trained company
Clinical Review RN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 22, 2016
Absolutely no training here. You are on your own basically. The trainers for nursing that they have are totally incompetent and do not train you for the job. At home, you are literally thrown into whatever cases they choose to put you in whether you are trained or not. It is so unfair to the members. The system is a continual mess, you only get a half hour for lunch and 2-15 minute breaks as a nurse but are expected to do 60-80 calls. With that, they should have an hour lunch so that employees can actually perform better. The supervisors do not supervise as most good nurses are used to. The supervisors only throw emails and IMs to you. They are mostly LPNs over RNs which is absolutely unethical and it truly does show in their leadership because they do not lead at all. The managers and higher up could careless as well. They will tell you one thing but it is not the truth. It is a whirlwind mess. I'm not an angry employee either, I'm stating facts. It is an absolute circus to try and get time off. The supervisors, managers and head of nursing do not know how to deal with it yet they would tell us to put time off in IEX which is a complete chaotic mess, then put it in the old system ADP. It is such a mess you wouldn't know what to put in and have zero guidance.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
All of the unethical demands with no training or guidance
Enjoyed working from home
LPN (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 19, 2016
Overall this company was good to work for. It was great to work from home for the most part. I enjoyed working with the customers and on the computer. The worst part of working was the computer issues that would arise on a consistent basis. Management did not always communicate their needs clearly. The company had great benefits and PTO.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Adjusting to breaks and lunches with a busy schedule
Terrible company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 5, 2016
You are chained to your desk! No opportunities for growth, terrible management! The benefits are terrible. UHC, high deductibles! The best part of my day was leaving.
Happy Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 8, 2016
I have worked in many call centers and none have been as pleasant to work in with as this company. I am extremely happy with the company and how they care about their employees.
Great company to work for
Non Clinical Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 4, 2016
This company was very understanding, the benefits were amazing. The only reason I left was because I wanted to be a cosmetologist. I would definitely work there again if I had the chance. The managers were very helpful and understanding, my coworkers were very welcoming and made you feel comfortable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at eviCore healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9